Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Extremely hi prices for ATH to CDG and FRA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extremely hi prices for ATH to CDG and FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 3:31 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, unfortunately the normal tranquility of the A3 forum has been broken and it's been necessary to have a clean-up of this thread. Please remember we treat everyone with respect, plus are friendly and welcoming to other members. There have been occasions here when that hasn't happened.

This advice particularly applies when you come here with a query and don't respect the advice and information offered in return, of course.

/mod
KATERGOO and ermis177 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:08 pm

A very wise statement!
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Folks, unfortunately the normal tranquility of the A3 forum has been broken and it's been necessary to have a clean-up of this thread. Please remember we treat everyone with respect, plus are friendly and welcoming to other members. There have been occasions here when that hasn't happened.

This advice particularly applies when you come here with a query and don't respect the advice and information offered in return, of course.

/mod
Thank you !
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
The OP has not expressed themselves very well, perhaps because English is not their first language. However, I do not believe that they have anywhere behaved in what has been termed an 'aggressive' manner.

There is actually a real problem within the core group of M&B posters that diversity of opinion is simply not tolerated. Anyone who is not a confirmed Aegean devotee is rapidly ganged up against and this does not benefit anyone.

In many respects, the OP is correct and A3 business fares are generally extremely high. I fly business frequently and invariably find that LH-group business fares are 50% of the comparable A3 fares when booked in advance. Yes, the service on A3 is excellent but for me it is not worth twice the price. It seems, too, that the OP is actually used to paying for their business flights and may therefore have a different viewpoint than those who fly in the front cabin only by virtue of their four annual upgrade vouchers. We need more tolerance of differences of opinion!
jkgrpas likes this.

Last edited by johnirvine; Oct 28, 2022 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The majority of the OPs replies have been removed so you are likely not seeing the whole picture.

It's fine to have another opinion from the majority. If you feel that LH offers a product or price that better suits you, go for it. Nobody takes offence with that. However statements about A3 (or any other airline for that matter) clearly based on faulty facts, aimed at stirring up a fight is not appreciated. Which should not be too surprising I think.
cad-spe and Alexandros Bravos like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Miles&Bonus
Just wanted to say hello and wish you all a happy winter
I am on my way (with Aegean airlines) to Paris and then with EVA to Asia ( business class) I will also make some intra Asian flights ( in business class) and I will try to report back
Not for Aegean though.

I really believe that the prices of Aegean Airlines usually are ridiculous hi compared to other airlines in Europe
Yes if you have a coupons will be much cheaper or if you booked the flights 3,4 months in advance…etc
The business class product is average at best, maybe better then ITA but that’s not making it a good product
TK is a European airline and their business class is in line with ASIA the USA and Australia
Have a good day all

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 29, 2022 at 6:05 pm Reason: To comply with rule 12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.