Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Extremely hi prices for ATH to CDG and FRA

Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Miles&Bonus

I have notice that prices from Athens to Paris and Frankfurt are insanely expensive
a one way ticket can start at 550 in the cheapest economy light up to 660 in business

and NO the flights are not full
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
From ATH to CDG prices you quote are the highest as far as I can see. 600 euros in business is quite frequent.
If flying economy Aegean pass is a good deal
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
From ATH to CDG prices you quote are the highest as far as I can see. 600 euros in business is quite frequent.
If flying economy Aegean pass is a good deal
600 euro one way Athens to Paris is frequent? so we are ok with this?
I will fly ATH to PARIS at full fare economy for 120 euro but thats not the issue here
it is crazy expensive and the flight is half full
something is wrong
350 to 400 is what that flight deserves in business (and business class in Europe is a joke)
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:41 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Not sure what you are talking about. It is not really up to you to decide how much a flight 'deserves' to be..
Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Departing ATH on 05/12/22 for CDG
Flying   A3
Purchasing at ATH
Viewing in currency EUR
Searching in Business cabin 
Validated Results

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
ALCCFLW     A3       A        One-Way     158.00 (EUR)   B      01/10/23   30/06/23             
ZLCCFLW     A3       Z        One-Way     217.00 (EUR)   B      01/10/23   30/06/23             
ZNLHCC      A3       Z        One-Way     251.00 (EUR)   B                                      
DLCCFLW     A3       D        One-Way     279.00 (EUR)   B      01/10/23   30/06/23             
DNLHCC      A3       D        One-Way     331.00 (EUR)   B                                      
CNLHCC      A3       C        One-Way     466.00 (EUR)   B                                      
CLCCFLW     A3       C        One-Way     605.00 (EUR)   B      01/10/23   30/06/23

There are plenty of fares between ATH and CDG, in business, that are reasonably priced. Likely you are talking about an availability issue, i.e. only C-class is still available. That happens when the flight is almost full or close to departure. Very common with every airline. If you want lower prices - book to fly off-peak and plenty of time ahead. When you find A-class you fare is going to be around ~200 euro all-in.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by jkgrpas
600 euro one way Athens to Paris is frequent? so we are ok with this?
I will fly ATH to PARIS at full fare economy for 120 euro but thats not the issue here
it is crazy expensive and the flight is half full
something is wrong
350 to 400 is what that flight deserves in business (and business class in Europe is a joke)
It's not a matter of being crazy or wrong. Before anything, Aegean is a business. It's not here to make you happy. It's here to make money.
Should you have flown business class from Athens to Paris on Aegean before, you would know its not a joke. It's pretty good, with excellent meals and attentive staff.
But if you look for dead cheap flights, maybe you should look somewhere else. Low price and quality usually don't go together well.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

It's not a matter of being crazy or wrong. Before anything, Aegean is a business. It's not here to make you happy. It's here to make money.
Should you have flown business class from Athens to Paris on Aegean before, you would know its not a joke. It's pretty good, with excellent meals and attentive staff.
But if you look for dead cheap flights, maybe you should look somewhere else. Low price and quality usually don't go together well.

Yes it’s a business you are right and it doesn’t do a good job
how on earth have you figure out that I have not fly business class before on ATH to CDG?
Let me clear this out for you, I usually fly business class and it is a joke when you compare it with Asian carriers (I fly more in Asia then in Europe)
oh one more thing
Aegean airlines is here to make me happy ( me and other costumers) if they don’t they usually go out of business
johnirvine likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:24 pm

Aegean airlines is here to make me happy ( me and other costumers) if they dont they usually go out of business

Well, I flew CDG-HER in business class yesterday (coupon-upgraded) and except for the seat that was the same like in coach (all European airlines do that), the service was absolutely excellent (absolutely on par with the corresponding service on Asian airlines). As for the price (paid economy), on my outbound I flew Transavia and the ticket costed 10 less than for the inbound with Aegean, with a typical LCC service: I knew what I was expecting, though, and therefore I don't complain. Of course everybody is entitled to his/her opinion, but I always thought that airlines are actually there to fly you from A to B and not to make you happy.

PS How can OP state that Aegean usually goes out of business?
KATERGOO and Cookoovaya like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:54 am

Yes its a business you are right and it doesnt do a good job
how on earth have you figure out that I have not fly business class before on ATH to CDG?
Let me clear this out for you, I usually fly business class and it is a joke when you compare it with Asian carriers (I fly more in Asia then in Europe)
oh one more thing
Aegean airlines is here to make me happy ( me and other costumers) if they dont they usually go out of business
You cannot compare intra-Europe flights and flights to Asia, let's say on SG or BR. It's like comparing buying a pair of shoes and buying a coat.
In my opinion, Aegean has one of the best, if not the best business product in Europe.
Aegean has to make you happy with their product on board. Price is another matter.
And that's right, if they don't make you happy just fly with another airline. There is plenty of choice from ATH to CDG.
Cookoovaya and irishguy28 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:05 am

What dates are you looking for?
November starts with 116 euros, December 72, and 2023 starts with 57 euros.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:41 am

It's called revenue management. If you can't afford it or you don't want to spend this amount of money, maybe vote with your wallet? Plenty of flights around.

You say "It doesn't do a good job" but I can see you are still fly with them - contradicting.

You are comparing intra-Asian to Intra-Europe - two very different things.

And again, many options to fly between those destinations.
irishguy28 and KATERGOO like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You cannot compare intra-Europe flights and flights to Asia, let's say on SG or BR. It's like comparing buying a pair of shoes and buying a coat.
Apt analogy; somebody upthread referred to costumers!

KATERGOO and Swanhunter like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cookoovaya
It's called revenue management. If you can't afford it or you don't want to spend this amount of money, maybe vote with your wallet? Plenty of flights around.

You say "It doesn't do a good job" but I can see you are still fly with them - contradicting.

You are comparing intra-Asian to Intra-Europe - two very different things.

And again, many options to fly between those destinations.
its called ridiculous hi prices at a half full flight for a mediocre (at best service)
The funny thing is how many of you are willing to pay for this
(well I mean how many of you in here)
I still fly with them when the time and price is right
should I not compare intra Asia flights with intra euro flights?
its a different thing?
thats the most silly thing I have heard so far, some how European carriers have convinced you that paying an economy seat with an empty seat next to yours its ok for business class
Oh well..
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:49 am

its called ridiculous hi prices at a half full flight for a mediocre (at best service)
The funny thing is how many of you are willing to pay for this
(well I mean how many of you in here)
I still fly with them when the time and price is right
should I not compare intra Asia flights with intra euro flights?
its a different thing?
thats the most silly thing I have heard so far, some how European carriers have convinced you that paying an economy seat with an empty seat next to yours its ok for business class
Oh well..
What everyone is willing to pay is up to them to justify and value. You, nor myself, are going to dictate what other people pay or how they value services and goods.

Europe is much ahead in regards to material wellbeing. We don't need a flat bed for 2 hour flight if that's what you value the most - sometimes a 40/30/20/10 flight is just fine.

At the end of the day, you say you "fly them when the time and price is right", why you don't just do that then? A rhetoric question.
irishguy28 and KATERGOO like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Most flyers in Europe wouldn't dream of paying for business class (and I see nothing wrong with airlines milking those who are willing to pay for this for all they are worth! all fares are driven by the market), and it sounds like you should adopt the same mentality. On such relatively short hops there really is little to no differentiation - even outside of Europe, I would never dream of paying for business class on the typical 2/2 2-row configuration in any Asian carrier's "premium/prestige" cabin.

Now, on longhaul (and on itineraries where there's a connecting shorthaul flight to a longer longhaul ticket) it's a different matter entirely!
Cookoovaya and KATERGOO like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:20 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
The OP has been proven factually wrong, 600 EUR is for the most expensive fare bucket, the cheapest is significantly less costly than this. Then he expresses entitled sentiments with inapt comparison, and then get aggressive when confronted with actual constructive comments.
I say the mods can padlock this one before it get in the depth of stupidity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.