Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Mileage runs for Aegean Miles+Bonus thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Xandrios
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Aegean Miles+Bonus thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Not sure if already posted but found a bit of a hidden gem. If you happen to be near Karpathos (AOK), Sitia (JSH) or Kasos (KSJ), you can easily score 900 status miles on a 25 minute flight costing you €26,30:
AOK-KSJ or JSH-KSJ. A day to Kasos from Karpathos and back can bring you a good 1800 status miles for about €60.

I was hoping to incorporate this in the mileage run with my +1 as she is close to requalification and AOK has some beautiful hotels. Unfortunately the connection to AOK isn't great.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:26 pm

Careful! Kasos has a single, less than 900 metres long runway "running" almost precisely E-W. This means that if the prevailing Northern winds are somewhat strong (and believe me, they are very, very frequently, even in the summer: meltemia) you risk last-minute cancellations or long delays. Other than that, Karpathos is absolutely great and Kasos is small, cute and almost completely... treeless.
intuition, nk15, fifty_two and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Careful! Kasos has a single, less than 900 metres long runway "running" almost precisely E-W. This means that if the prevailing Northern winds are somewhat strong (and believe me, they are very, very frequently, even in the summer: meltemia) you risk last-minute cancellations or long delays. Other than that, Karpathos is absolutely great and Kasos is small, cute and almost completely... treeless.
Thanks for the the information KLouis. After some Googling around I found out that Kastellorizo's runway is even shorter, with a 800 metres long runway!
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 4:37 am

Lhr-ath-lis 190€

I’ve found a pretty nice deal LHR-ATH-LIS on 23.03.24 for around 200€. Flight and fare will only be displayed via OTA.

Q1: Booking via maritigo.com allows me to select flex and comfort flex on their website. Will that result in a proper A3 Comfort Flex ticket and not only a flexible option via the OTA?

Q2: Am I eligible to use A3 upgrade voucher when booked flex/c.flex via the OTA?

Thank you!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Other dates in March (The upcoming week basically) is even less; only 147 for the same itinerary.

Not sure if I'd personally would consider this a good run, though. It requires an overnight stay at ATH (Late arrival, early departure) and Economy typically doesn't give too many miles. Would a single business class flight somewhere not offer a bit more for roughtly the same money (but a lot more comfortable)? Or perhaps even purchasing miles may be an option depending on how many miles you need - 200 euro would get you 2K tier miles.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:42 am

It’s more about the 2 segments I can get for a quite good price. In comfort flex it would result in 2990+ 2390 tier miles (+20% as A3G if I’m not mistaken)

Does anyone have an answer to my 2 Questions above? Cflex via OTA and Upgrade voucher possible via OTA?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Other dates in March (The upcoming week basically) is even less; only 147 for the same itinerary.

Not sure if I'd personally would consider this a good run, though. It requires an overnight stay at ATH (Late arrival, early departure) and Economy typically doesn't give too many miles. Would a single business class flight somewhere not offer a bit more for roughtly the same money (but a lot more comfortable)? Or perhaps even purchasing miles may be an option depending on how many miles you need - 200 euro would get you 2K tier miles.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by antoni0707
It’s more about the 2 segments I can get for a quite good price. In comfort flex it would result in 2990+ 2390 tier miles (+20% as A3G if I’m not mistaken)

Does anyone have an answer to my 2 Questions above? Cflex via OTA and Upgrade voucher possible via OTA?

Thank you!
The OTAs don't always show the fare class, but double-check those Comfort Flex fare classes. The LHR-ATH 2990 Tier Miles is for YBMH only as per the Calculator. Don't know where you got the 2390 from. Comfort Flex UPTE earns half of YBMH.

LHR-ATH can be as low as 1121 in Flex UPTE.
ATH-LIS can be as low as 1338 in Flex UPTE or as high as 3568 in Comfort Flex YBMH.

The 20% A3 Gold bonus is only for award miles and not Tier miles.

As for upgrading OTA tickets with the upgrade coupons, I've done it with the major OTAs - Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, and Orbitz. Once upgraded, A3 takes over the reservation, and all changes have to be made by calling A3. If A3's website was better, I'd book multicity tickets through them, but since it sucks, I've used OTAs more often than I'd like.

If your upgrade clears, you'd have to pay the extra APD for LHR-ATH. I think they increased it recently, but it's around £15.
Xandrios and jumpallover like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:59 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Targeted e-mail invite only 30% off promo using code GOEARLY30
Book by 21 March 2024, travel 1/6/24-31/10/24, valid on economy and business class.
Bloody typical I booked a ticket last week and now it's €55 cheaper.

Dreaming of spending your next summer exploring Naxos' authentic local life, Milos' unspoilt nature or Crete's endless beaches? (aegeanair.com)
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:12 pm

Programs: A3 *A Gold, ex-Aeroflot Gold
Stupid question, but I can’t find such email in my mailbox — will this code work for me or only for invited members?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Not bad! Found business class seats for as low as €136 (one-way) using the GOEARLY30 code. I have never seen C class on A3 this cheap.
jumpallover and giorginho like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
What route?
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
What route?
EIN, LUX, etc... All flights that you can find for €181 on Google Flights will go down to around €136 with GOEARLY30.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:55 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
EIN, LUX, etc... All flights that you can find for €181 on Google Flights will go down to around €136 with GOEARLY30.
Which dates ? I find nothing from EIN under 400 EUR
Old Mar 9, 2024, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Which dates ? I find nothing from EIN under 400 EUR
Just use Google Flights to identify the dates, then search on Aegean with GOEARLY30 promo code, example:

LUX-ATH for €183 with discount will become €131,80:

ATH-EIN also has same price as LUX-ATH on select dates.
EIN-ATH slightly more expensive but more availability, but will still be around €160 one-way when using the promo code:

Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:27 am

GOEARLY30 code

It seems to be only working - as to be expected I guess - if you have received the promotion code personally. Otherwise the discount will be lost during the booking process. 😒

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.