Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New A3 lounge - ATH, extra-Schengen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2023, 12:55 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, before we all suffer a sense of humour failure, perhaps we might move back on topic, which covers the facilities, food and drink within the lounge, not the logistics of getting there.

/mod
KLouis likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by Cookoovaya
The actual question is: why some people feel entitled to visit an area outside their scope of their ticket? There is a reason for schengen and non-schengen areas otherwise all passengers would mix.

And all that for what? A ready-made frozen pie in more 'premium' (?) space?

Some of you seem to know how to border force including airport operations better than the people doing those jobs.
Hey there, I think entitled is quite a strong word? Such usage makes a lot of broad assumptions about the last five-or-six pages worth of fellow FTers, most of whom you (and I) presumably do not know. Perhaps it's possible these folks are merely curious or interested (given the many positive reviews about the new non-Schengen lounge, as well as A3's own unending fanfare), or have unique and special situations (this thread has also covered folks wanting to go the other direction--with a detour to the Schengen side--due to different lounge hours).

As for "ready-made frozen pie in [a] more 'premium' (?) space," well... this is FT? Folks are discussing all sorts of flying-minutiae. In fact, this is a thread about A3's lounge facilities, whether the food is palatable, whether it's worth visiting, etc. Some people seem to appreciate the ambiance of premium spaces: it's why architecture is a field, no? In fact a *A loyalist friend and I visited this week; having a background in interiors, she mentioned that the color palette was " well considered," then disapproved of some of the seating choices. As for the facilities and food and such, I can report that there were more outlets than anticipated, they still have "fresh squeezed juices" and precut fruit in individual glass jars, and lots and lots of different types of sandwiches all with meat fillings (my friend is vegetarian and had to get creative). The juices aren't as cold as I like them to be, but easily solved by asking for some ice. I found the staff quite nice when we were there (afternoon). Did not see any pie but the ambiance was very much enjoyable: as others have said, would recommend.
Cookoovaya likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Hey there, I think entitled is quite a strong word? Such usage makes a lot of broad assumptions about the last five-or-six pages worth of fellow FTers, most of whom you (and I) presumably do not know. Perhaps it's possible these folks are merely curious or interested (given the many positive reviews about the new non-Schengen lounge, as well as A3's own unending fanfare), or have unique and special situations (this thread has also covered folks wanting to go the other direction--with a detour to the Schengen side--due to different lounge hours).

As for "ready-made frozen pie in [a] more 'premium' (?) space," well... this is FT? Folks are discussing all sorts of flying-minutiae. In fact, this is a thread about A3's lounge facilities, whether the food is palatable, whether it's worth visiting, etc. Some people seem to appreciate the ambiance of premium spaces: it's why architecture is a field, no? In fact a *A loyalist friend and I visited this week; having a background in interiors, she mentioned that the color palette was " well considered," then disapproved of some of the seating choices. As for the facilities and food and such, I can report that there were more outlets than anticipated, they still have "fresh squeezed juices" and precut fruit in individual glass jars, and lots and lots of different types of sandwiches all with meat fillings (my friend is vegetarian and had to get creative). The juices aren't as cold as I like them to be, but easily solved by asking for some ice. I found the staff quite nice when we were there (afternoon). Did not see any pie but the ambiance was very much enjoyable: as others have said, would recommend.
I get your point and I agree with many of your comments and your friend's comments. I can definitely relate to your comment about the coldness of the juices.

The 'entitled' part was more about the fact that people turning up at security and border force expecting to be let in an airport area, not accessible by their ticket, and telling them how to do their jobs and how they should be let in because reasons.

I would also recommend.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Lightbulb Oops wrong thread

Delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.