Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New A3 lounge - ATH, extra-Schengen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Food signage is now resolved!

Very nice lounge. So much space, lots of different seating areas and a solid selection of food and drink. Impressed. It’s removed the weakest link in an ATH connection (based on my travels ex LON) and made it very strong indeed.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:33 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
I was in this lounge the other day and found it very impressive. From the food options to the modern design and ample (and comfortable) seating options, and not to mention awesome tarmac views, this may be one of the top lounges in Europe.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 12:43 pm

Does any one happen to know - is there any chance they'd let me enter the Schengen area of the airport to use the intra-Schengen lounge at 4am, if I'm departing on a non-Schengen flight? The non-Schengen lounge doesn't open until 6am...
Old Feb 8, 2023, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by JacobNL
Does any one happen to know - is there any chance they'd let me enter the Schengen area of the airport to use the intra-Schengen lounge at 4am, if I'm departing on a non-Schengen flight? The non-Schengen lounge doesn't open until 6am...
I have done it.
Just explain at the checkpoint that you are only using the lounge in Intra because that's where you have lounge access, and you will exit Intra area and head to Extra Schenghen for boarding.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by ariadgr_
I have done it.
Just explain at the checkpoint that you are only using the lounge in Intra because that's where you have lounge access, and you will exit Intra area and head to Extra Schenghen for boarding.
Me too, without problems, but not since about 5 years ago.
JacobNL likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Far Siren
I was in this lounge the other day and found it very impressive. From the food options to the modern design and ample (and comfortable) seating options, and not to mention awesome tarmac views, this may be one of the top lounges in Europe.
Agreed I was in it the other day and it still looks as clean and new as the day it opened. The food options were impressive and they do a superb Moussaka.
AlwaysFlyStar, KATERGOO and lio13 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
M+B Silver members now have access to the Extra-Shengen lounge in Athens plus one guest until 31 March 2023.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 8:41 am

What is the source of this information?
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
What is the source of this information?
A personalised email they received.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH FTL - A3 Gold -AFKL Gold - HH Gold - IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ariadgr_
A personalised email they received.
Confirm, received two days ago.

Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Terrible idea IMO. The Schengen lounge is a proper Zoo and last time I was lucky enough to escape and get into LH one which had only 2 people. I am not sure why they would like to make this one a Zoo too. The flights to London are premium heavy with lots of golds, let alone silvers. I could easily see half of the plane getting entry to the lounge. Poor decision but time will tell. I might be wrong
KATERGOO and gioannis13 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by ermis177
Terrible idea IMO. The Schengen lounge is a proper Zoo and last time I was lucky enough to escape and get into LH one which had only 2 people. I am not sure why they would like to make this one a Zoo too. The flights to London are premium heavy with lots of golds, let alone silvers. I could easily see half of the plane getting entry to the lounge. Poor decision but time will tell. I might be wrong
I'm fine with it as long as they do stunts like these during low season and only temporary.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:01 am

A friend of mine just used his silver tier to enter the extra Shengen lounge and it was pretty much empty (was there in the past hour). The intra-shengen lounge half an hour earlier than that was packed. Even worse were both of Lufthansa's business class lounges at MUC earlier today in the morning... I did a quick calculation based on their departures and within 2 hours nearly 400 people must have had access to those 2 lounges and that's only counting business class seats, since Golds would have access to the senator lounge(s). Flights today were full and that's on February 13th, on a random Monday... Not a good sign for us (probably a great one for the airlines, but not coping with demand will probably be a problem for everyone).
DocStrangelove likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by giorginho
that's only counting business class seats, since Golds would have access to the senator lounge(s).
Don't forget that Lufthansa Group gives their silvers access to all of their business class lounges.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: Miles and Bonus
Cool

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Agreed I was in it the other day and it still looks as clean and new as the day it opened. The food options were impressive and they do a superb Moussaka.
And here a photo of the superb Moussaka that Dellas mentioned

DELLAS, KATERGOO, Bli and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.