Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday sale

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
That's very sad to read. The persons who are affected by this, have you received a new PNR?
I had a few schedule changes wish I had to accept, it seems that's something different than rebooking?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:51 am

PNR was the same. But a friend of mine who has flights with small changes (+/- 10 minutes for the same flights on the same dates) was credited with 6x miles. Even 7x miles as it was reported earlier.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Andropas
PNR was the same. But a friend of mine who has flights with small changes (+/- 10 minutes for the same flights on the same dates) was credited with 6x miles. Even 7x miles as it was reported earlier.
Usually a 5/10min change is a plane swap.

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
That's very sad to read. The persons who are affected by this, have you received a new PNR?
I had a few schedule changes wish I had to accept, it seems that's something different than rebooking?
Did you flights had a schedule change as I mention above?

No new PNR but different ticket number and booking date changed as well on the confirmation email after the acceptance of the flights.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
When I clicked on the accept button (after getting confirmation from Aegean on Twitter that I would still get the miles), I didn't receive an e-mail confirmation. But I have just noticed on the boarding pass from 14th January that the e-ticket changed. The PNR stayed the same of course.

Anyhow, I will fight them for these miles, both the service centre agents and Twitter team told me that I would get the miles. I despise dishonesty.
Xandrios, eugnk, Arrivals and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:17 pm

I'm in a similar situation. My return flight was cancelled and I got offered a flight a day earlier. I haven't accepted the change yet and could still checkin for the outbound flight tomorrow. I will accept the change after flying the outbound flight but also fight for the miles of the return flight if I don't receive them. Canceling wasn't really an option as I already planned the trip.
giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:53 am

Has anybody checked the "conditions" as published when the promotion was launched? If they state in there what was explained to Andropas (post #75), then this is not an example of dishonesty but, rather, of something that most of us (i.e. I include myself) often do: not reading the "fine print". If that caveat was not included, though, this is a clear breach of contract by A3!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:48 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Miles+Bonus offer:
• The miles offer is valid for one way and return flights operated by AEGEAN and Olympic Air network.
• The miles offer is valid for bookings from 26/11/2021 until 29/11/2021 for flights from 14/01/2022 up until 29/10/2022.
• The miles offer is not valid in case a rebooking takes place after 30/11/2021 and onwards.
• The extra miles that will be credited refer to award miles in the Miles+Bonus program.
• Miles will be credited to the Miles+Bonus account automatically up until 72 hours after the completion of each flights and provided that the members have entered their Miles+Bonus member ID during booking or check-in.
Define 'Rebooking' though. I do agree that it should be safe to assume that this means a voluntary rebooking. When the airline rebooks the pax due to changing the schedule or cancelling the flight, is that still covered by this item?
giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
Has anybody checked the "conditions" as published when the promotion was launched? If they state in there what was explained to Andropas (post #75), then this is not an example of dishonesty but, rather, of something that most of us (i.e. I include myself) often do: not reading the "fine print". If that caveat was not included, though, this is a clear breach of contract by A3!
If 2 separate call centre agents tell you that you will still get the promo miles if you accept their rebooking, followed by another agent on Twitter saying the same, you'd kind of expect the promo miles, wouldn't you??? By not giving them, they are most certainly dishonest.

This is not just me who has been told by the call centre that accepting rescheduled bookings still earns the bonus. Customers phone up to ask before they can make an informed decision. If agents are not telling the truth, then that is disgusting.
Arrivals likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: A3*G
The outbound flight for which I did receive the 7x miles (immediately without calls or anything) was rescheduled from a Saturday to Friday. It appears there are some inconsistent things going on here. The return flight also had schedule changes, but these were minor.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by ErnstH
The outbound flight for which I did receive the 7x miles (immediately without calls or anything) was rescheduled from a Saturday to Friday. It appears there are some inconsistent things going on here. The return flight also had schedule changes, but these were minor.
Just out of interest, did you agree to these schedule changes by calling up or just clicking on the 'accept' button in Manage Booking?

I have a theory that clicking the button automatically retickets, but if you call up, the knowledgeable agents know how to accept the reschedule without reissuing/reticketing. The reason I say this is because the second booking that had a cancellation, I did not click accept, but called up. The agent sent me a confirmation, but all important details (i.e. date of issue, e-ticket number) remained the same. I will fly later this month.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by headingwest
Just out of interest, did you agree to these schedule changes by calling up or just clicking on the 'accept' button in Manage Booking?

I have a theory that clicking the button automatically retickets, but if you call up, the knowledgeable agents know how to accept the reschedule without reissuing/reticketing. The reason I say this is because the second booking that had a cancellation, I did not click accept, but called up. The agent sent me a confirmation, but all important details (i.e. date of issue, e-ticket number) remained the same. I will fly later this month.
In my case I had 3 shedule changes; the biggest change being a flight departure of 11:30 AM to a 6:30 AM flight on my return trip. I accepted every time by just clicking the accept button and not calling.

Edit: I checked e-ticket numbers and those were not changed during the process. Someone else here reported they had a different ticket number.
My upcoming flight in 2 weeks also had 3 schedule changes but minor time changes and the ticket number wasn't affected either.

Last edited by unusualtravelblog; Feb 3, 2022 at 7:48 am
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by headingwest

I indeed called them (and mentioned my concerns re: reticketing and losing the promotion).
headingwest, romans and giorginho like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:44 am

I called them, expressed my concerns regarding reticketing and invalidating the promotion. The agent was very confident in his answer that it will not and confirmed the ticket from his side.

No clear pattern here it seems. Best to accept online for future reference? No idea.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:06 pm

I called them up to accept rescheduling. However a new ticket was issued. And as a result I was granted with only basic miles. Maybe it make sense to call up and ask an agent to reschedule your booking without changing ticket number if possible. And pray to the professionalism of the agent.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:34 am

So for my outbound flight I already received the 6x miles. Interestingly I could also check in for the offered return flight and receive boarding passes without accepting their schedule change. The ticket number stayed the same.
headingwest, asf99 and romans like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.