Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

award flight not giving option of 'Miss' only 'Mrs'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2020, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, BAEC Silver,HHonors Silver, Virgin

hi
I'm trying to book an award flight for my son and his partner but the drop down menu for name title - compulsory field - only gives the option of Mr,Mrs or Dr and she is a Miss. Will the wrong title matter for a booking?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:02 am

No, dont worry!
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, BAEC Silver,HHonors Silver, Virgin
Thanks for your fast responses to this and yesterday's question. However, I was too late as reward flight availability changed overnight and only one cheap redemption was available when i was looking for two. Hopefully others will come up again as time progresses .....
Old Dec 11, 2020, 1:25 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Even if you put Mr it will be fine
giorginho likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:17 am

The term/salutation "Miss" for a single female has been legally abolished in several countries, among them in Greece. Mind you I know several people who still use it!
giorginho likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:31 pm

Your son is Master of course. Do insist on these titles, it is important. If Aegean won’t fly a Master and Miss, well, what’s the world coming too?
sokolov likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Your son is Master of course. Do insist on these titles, it is important. If Aegean won’t fly a Master and Miss, well, what’s the world coming too?
Boys called "Master" never flew with any airline: there were no airlines back then...
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:38 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Boys called "Master" never flew with any airline: there were no airlines back then...
Someone I knew at school had a Malaysian passport which gave his title as Master. He was very proud of it. (early 2000s)
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
My British bank always sent correspondence addressing me as Master when I was a boy, and there were certainly airlines operating at that time!

Master is most definitely still used in some official communications in the UK.
cad-spe likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
You are correct Headingwest. On my first flight from London to Cyprus in 1958 ( on a Vickers Viscount), I recollect clearly the title Master on my ticket.

On most tickets, the abbreviation Mstr will have been used instead of Master since. according to etiquette, this is the correct way to refer to a male child. I have seen reports of Qatar using Mstr on tickets as little as three years ago.
cad-spe and headingwest like this.

Last edited by johnirvine; Dec 26, 2020 at 11:20 am
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:26 pm

Alfred used the term "Master Wayne" repeatedly after Bruce came back from his visit to Ras al-Ghul in Tibet. On the other hand, Bruce was on a private jet ...
Old Dec 27, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
FWIW, the OP's issue has been solved.

Heck, give them both a gift: call them both "Dr". I do when I book flights for my travelling companion. No one has asked what my doctorate is in (U of Mn, 1990), and similarly, she has never been asked if she is a physician.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:00 am

Well, if Joseph Epstein at WSJ reads your post, you'll have ruined your chances of ever becoming US President and, especially, your travel companion first travel companion!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by tmac100
FWIW, the OP's issue has been solved.

Heck, give them both a gift: call them both "Dr". I do when I book flights for my travelling companion. No one has asked what my doctorate is in (U of Mn, 1990), and similarly, she has never been asked if she is a physician.
If you don't have a Doctorate, passing yourself as Dr is illegal in some jurisdictions.
Xandrios likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.