Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by nk15
One criterion could be people who have flights booked with A3, which shows some ongoing engagement...
Nope unfortunately. I have flights booked in June and no extension for me.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Bavariair
Bottom line, I guess they require us to have taken or booked some A3 flights in the not too distant past in order to qualify for the additional extension.
According to the customer service agent, who put me on hold to check the terms and conditions, this is indeed the policy for a 6-month extension in May 2022. She said at least two flights with Aegean or Olympic since 2020.

Maybe she meant 2019. In any case, I haven't flown Aegean since 2017. I was promised a six-month extension last week (through the twitter support) but they're not willing to honour that anymore, so I'm down to silver this week.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by lycidas
According to the customer service agent, who put me on hold to check the terms and conditions, this is indeed the policy for a 6-month extension in May 2022. She said at least two flights with Aegean or Olympic since 2020.

Maybe she meant 2019. In any case, I haven't flown Aegean since 2017. I was promised a six-month extension last week (through the twitter support) but they're not willing to honour that anymore, so I'm down to silver this week.
Don't think so. The Silver in my together account got extended last week through to November, and has never taken an A3 flight. [2 *A flights in the last year, but neither mileage earning so 0 miles YTD]...
Old May 6, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This is disappointing. I was planning to fly Aegean later this year, but being based outside of EU has made it difficult to do that over the last couple years.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Extension Reveral

Originally Posted by dmilsi
While I appreciate the extensions A3 has offered during the pandemic, this very short-notice puts me in a bit of a bind.

In February, I booked a trip from the US to Greece in May with 4 flight segments before 23 May and 4 after so that I could chalk up 2 years' worth in one fell swoop as I won't be able to travel much next year. After receiving the email, I immediately called the A3 Gold Hotline and was told to write them an email explaining the situation. I received a case # and a pro-forma email response and hope to hear something positive before my trip begins on 10 May. Other than having to manually change my renewal date in their system, I can't think of how not extending me could be detrimental to A3 in any way.
Thanks to the good folks at the A3 Loyalty Division, I was able to get my 6-month extension reversed. I hope it can bestowed on someone who needs it.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by lycidas
Flights already taken, flights booked...? I've had some phone agents in the past who informed me about some terms and conditions that didn't even exist, so I wouldn't really count on that necessarily being correct just yet (she or the person she probably spoke to while you were put on hold could have simply made something up to talk you off), especially since according to #656 Carpacchio and sons were granted the latest extensions without having flown in the last years at all... But perhaps more people could confirm this, let's see if they reply by quoting any T&C's to anyone via social media or e-mail = in writing.
By the way did you receive an extension 6 months ago or is your status still alive thanks to the original 6-month extension and the additional 12-month one from 2021?
Old May 6, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Thanks to the good folks at the A3 Loyalty Division, I was able to get my 6-month extension reversed. I hope it can bestowed on someone who needs it.
Nice! How exactly did you manage this? Would be helpful for me (and others) to know how to go about it.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
He called or emailed and said he doesn't want it?
Old May 6, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
That's a great outcome! I'd love to know who/how you contacted the Loyalty Division.
blackball likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: A3*Gold JL*Diamond HH*Gold
I have also had my status extension reverted.

You basically contact them through Aegean website, contact-email us. You fill out the form, then you get a Customer Relation number. After 2 days, Aegean will reply you to double check that’s what you want. Then they will get the Loyalty Division department to sort it out. After another 2 days, they will reply to you that your status extension have been reverted. That’s how it goes for me. Hope this helps
Old May 7, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Reversal of Extension

Originally Posted by blackball
Nice! How exactly did you manage this? Would be helpful for me (and others) to know how to go about it.
As I stated in my previous post, I called the Gold Hotline and was told to send an email through the website explaining why I didn't want the extension. I immediately received a case number and then a pro-forma email to confirm they had received my request. Within a week, the extension had been removed from my account.
blackball likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 5:26 am

Missing 1040 tier miles to retain Gold, due to expire on Friday. Decided to book a quick dash to Greece, arriving at SKG at 11.59 p.m. tomorrow - literally the last minute of my earning year! Or so I thought. While checking upgrade availability I noticed that my last remaining coupon is now valid until November, which I thought was odd.

Upon further investigation it turns out my status has been extended by another 6 months. This must have happened over the past day or two, as my account definitely still had the May expiry date when I last checked this past weekend. No email notification yet. Glad I spotted it before booking! 😅
Old May 11, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Remember you can also buy tier points, hopefully still on discount, if really don't want to travel.
Old May 11, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Remember you can also buy tier points, hopefully still on discount, if really don't want to travel.
Of course, but 40 points over the 1000 mark would have required buying 460 more than needed, as they're only sold in increments of 500. Probably would have done it as an absolute last resort, but only under protest!

Honestly a bit sad to find myself without an excuse for a quick escape to Greece. Thanks a lot, Aegean... 😑
nk15 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFilmGuy
For those who have just received an extension, had any of you previously had an extension given during the pandemic? If so, how many times or from what original expiry date?
I've only gotten one six month extension, at the beginning of the Covid era.

Last edited by znke252; May 16, 2022 at 7:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.