Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Not OP, but if your daughter's account was retroactively prolonged, how much after-the-expiration was the extension communicated?
It was never communicated - I just recently checked her account and saw it was prolonged by 6 months from what I had noted down as expiration date.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
My extension is in !

Was about to book Lis-ath in C on sunday to rack up the points and noticed my 6 march is now 6 september.

So T-5 without notification.
GUWonder, l380, Xandrios and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I guess that this means people with mid- to late-in-the-month status expiration dates can be less surprised about what goes on with extensions than those who have their expiration dates in the first 7 days of a month.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by Yreal
My extension is in !

Was about to book Lis-ath in C on sunday to rack up the points and noticed my 6 march is now 6 september.

Congratulation!!!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:57 am

Even on email now

Thanks guys!

well, i dont "have" to go to athens now this weekend. Where to then 😎
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus
Go the same email too ) Thanks Aegean !!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Even on email now

Thanks guys!

would you be able to share with us the requalification is remain 9k or change to 12k? thanks
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by yauee
would you be able to share with us the requalification is remain 9k or change to 12k? thanks
My 5600 milles to go are now 8600 milles to go. So I guess the 3k lower has been dropped.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:01 pm

My 5600 milles to go are now 8600 milles to go. So I guess the 3k lower has been dropped.
thank you for sharing. Did they change the maximum elite miles you can purchase after the extension? Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
My extension is in !

Congratulations! From the email they sent, it looks like your early-March anniversary date represented the normal 12 months, and this extension brings it to 18? My early-April anniversary date already represents 18 months (from the Autumn extensions) so I realize now they may not extend it again (as it would then be 24 months).

Is anyone else in the same situation? Received an extension in the second half of last year, and now contemplating whether to fly?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Is anyone else in the same situation? Received an extension in the second half of last year, and now contemplating whether to fly?
Me, although I'm fine with dropping back to Silver. Not in a position to get the 4 A3/OA flights before April 1st.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:28 pm

Even on email now

Thanks guys!

How many Extensions you got before.

Pre Pandemic my Gold expired 23.11.2020, but I could not meet the requirement anymore.

First extension was 23.11.2021, in this year I had no flight at all.
Second extension was until 23.05.2022. I still had no flight.

Does you or anyone received a 3rd extension?
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:58 am

Markus Mase I think there should be some people (probably not so many in this forum) who had original renewal dates at around March-May 2020, who got the original 6-month extension, say to November 2020, then the free renewal to November 2021 and now an additional 6-month extension to May 2022. I think we would have heard from someone, if their didn't get that 3rd extension and their status expired in late 2021 or so.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Markus Mase
How many Extensions you got before.

Pre Pandemic my Gold expired 23.11.2020, but I could not meet the requirement anymore.

First extension was 23.11.2021, in this year I had no flight at all.
Second extension was until 23.05.2022. I still had no flight.

Does you or anyone received a 3rd extension?
My renewal was in september. my 2021 got bumped 6 months and I made the requalification when they gave out the second extension.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:39 pm

Are there indications that everybody with a May 2022 expiration will get the extension a few days before the expiration? Or is it going to be a big gamble for those of us that are still waiting on whether to take a paid flight for requalification before May?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.