Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage in booking page wrong, or?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Mileage in booking page wrong, or?

I was helping a friend book a flight from HER-BER via Athens. However, on the website, it shows how many miles would be earned per booking and it looks like the domestic earnings. I presume this is an error, but wanted to make sure. Sorry if somebody has already posted on this before. He would earn the full normal mileage for this trip as two individual segments, correct?

Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Yes, most certainly an error. You would get miles for both segments as per the miles calculator.

Sometimes the search engine doesn't calculate the miles correctly. If in doubt, check the calculator.

romans and AlwaysFlyStar like this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:08 am

Not if the 2nd leg is on LH metal on any of the R, N, L, T, E, K, P, F, A, G fares. There's a good chunk of information missing in the 1st post.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
True, but I think the problem here is that Aegean don't seem to have the new BER airport correctly entered into all their systems. Actually, I contacted them about this in June that BER wasn't in their award search engine, but they later contacted me to confirm they had added it.

The calculator still only has TXL. That's probably why the miles are only showing for the HER-ATH leg in the example. I suspect that when the new airport opens there will be a lot of claims for missing miles.

romans likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giorginho
Not if the 2nd leg is on LH metal on any of the R, N, L, T, E, K, P, F, A, G fares. There's a good chunk of information missing in the 1st post.
My apologies. It is indeed all on A3 metal. (I could not get it all on the screen for the screenshot on my small notebook)

Originally Posted by headingwest
True, but I think the problem here is that Aegean don't seem to have the new BER airport correctly entered into all their systems. Actually, I contacted them about this in June that BER wasn't in their award search engine, but they later contacted me to confirm they had added it.

The calculator still only has TXL. That's probably why the miles are only showing for the HER-ATH leg in the example. I suspect that when the new airport opens there will be a lot of claims for missing miles.
Ah. That is quite interesting. Hadn't considered that.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
My apologies. It is indeed all on A3 metal. (I could not get it all on the screen for the screenshot on my small notebook){...snip}.
Apologies accepted () but, still, the third flight indicated on your itinerary (MUC-TXL, A3 1586) is a code-share with LH 1936 and is not flown on A3 metal.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Apologies accepted () but, still, the third flight indicated on your itinerary (MUC-TXL, A3 1586) is a code-share with LH 1936 and is not flown on A3 metal.
Lufthansa codeshare flights are not offered by Aegean as GoLight, so the flights mentioned in the screengrab were obviously all A3/OA.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:42 am

At the bottom of the OP's post is the following information:

So, obviously, the itinerary is for flights A3 7301 (Olympic) HER-ATH, A3 802 (Aegean) ATH-MUC, and A3 1586 (Lufthansa) MUC-BER. He should receive regular A3 mileage for the first two flights, but not for the LH flight.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That just seems to be an alternative/next flight in the list of available flights to Berlin. Thats not the flight that has been selected.
AlwaysFlyStar and giorginho like this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Originally Posted by RedChili
At the bottom of the OP's post is the following information:
So, obviously, the itinerary is for flights A3 7301 (Olympic) HER-ATH, A3 802 (Aegean) ATH-MUC, and A3 1586 (Lufthansa) MUC-BER. He should receive regular A3 mileage for the first two flights, but not for the LH flight.
Originally Posted by Xandrios
That just seems to be an alternative/next flight in the list of available flights to Berlin. Thats not the flight that has been selected.

That is indeed the next flight on the list. Again apologies. Ha. I guess I thought it was obvious because I wasn't thinking of the mixed messages and when I said in my OP that the trip was 'via ATH' I thought this was indicating that it was a one stop itinerary via ATH. Ha. But fortunately at least somebody understood me. Ha. This trip has been booked and it is indeed a trip from HER-ATH-BER. Both flights on Aegean metal. (Though obviously with HER-ATH having an Aegean codeshare for an Olympic flight operated by Aegean)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.