30% discount with off30

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2020, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
30% discount with off30

30% discount with off30
From

UK, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, France, Austria, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Israel, Czech Republic.

So basicly, are you willing to gamble on the test restrictions being eased?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
The short answer is no! Infection rates are going up almost everywhere. If this is only for bookings up until October, they could offer me 70% off and I still wouldn't book!!
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Especially since they are thinning out their flight schedule again.
Just got a cancellation note for a booked flight in October.
Seems that the previously planned daily flight GVA - ATH is now cancelled for Tue and Wed (and maybe this is just the beginning...)
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I suppose the one good thing about this code is that the discount gets taken off a Flex/Business base fare, which can be rebooked at a later date. Probably better than booking in a sale, only to find that the rebooked price is more because the base fare is no longer discounted.

Not forgetting that last minute bookings using the code would be advantageous too.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:37 am

Until when (booking date / travel date)??
Old Aug 28, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by giorginho
Until when (booking date / travel date)??
on or before October 31st.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Tbh, DUS-SKG for 120 in C... it has been on my list for a while now...
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

The corona test was dropped for dutchies, so i'm going
Old Aug 29, 2020, 2:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Yreal
The corona test was dropped for dutchies, so i'm going
Not that I'm aware of? Do you have a source for that?

Announcement regarding flights from Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, Albania and the Republic of North Macedonia to Greece.

Passengers of flights from Bulgaria, Romania, U.A.E. and Malta (as of August 11, 2020 until 31 August 2020) and passengers of flights from Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, Albania and the Republic of North Macedonia (as of August 17, 2020 until 31 August 2020) to Greece will be required to have a negative molecular test result (PCR) for COVID-19, performed up to 72 hours before their entry to Greece.

Note that it is expected that the expiry of August 31 is very likely to be extended until later - cases are rising and I don't believe that the government could (politically) get away with easing restrictions on foreigners anytime soon.
giorginho likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Note that it is expected that the expiry of August 31 is very likely to be extended until later - cases are rising and I don't believe that the government could (politically) get away with easing restrictions on foreigners anytime soon.
I'm not sure if they mentioned this in yesterday's press conference, but they did say that pretty much every "domestic" restriction currently in place is to be extended by another 2 weeks. Loosening "international" restrictions at the same time would surprise me.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
https://www.ekathimerini.com/256349/...l-restrictions

The Netherlands is removed from the list, however, the other countries will see the test requirement extended for another 3 weeks.

A3 will also have to suspend the ATH-BCN flight until further notice.

I am rearranging my travel plans today as a result of the testing extensions, but the real surprise was mandatory testing upon arrival from three islands:

All passengers arriving at Athens International Airport from Mykonos, Paros, Santorini on Saturday August 29th and Sunday August 30th will undergo a PCR test upon arrival.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 6:18 am

Authorities went as far yesterday as to announce to returning domestic travelers that they should pretty much consider themselves as being infected and avoid all contacts possible for a period of 2 weeks upon arriving home. ​​​​​​
Not a mandatory quarantine but probably the closest thing to it.
I think this should paint the picture to those considering a late vacation.
Truth be told Greek youth is in part completely oblivious to the dangers of their irresponsible partying habits.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 6:19 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Very surprising! But good news indeed. I read that, even though people from AMS had to do a test before departure that some random tests were still carried out upon arrival. I guess that when they looked at the numbers they realized that NL pax had fewer infections than expected..

Edit: Just watched yesterdays briefing. It seems that these new restrictions (regarding which countries require a negative test) are valid until (Not including) Sept 19. Of course I have a flight booked from AMS to ATH...on the 19th. I hope they won't be putting NL back on the list by then, having very little notice to do a test last-minute..

Originally Posted by giorginho
Authorities went as far yesterday as to announce to returning domestic travelers that they should pretty much consider themselves as being infected and avoid all contacts possible for a period of 2 weeks upon arriving home. ​​​​​​
Not a mandatory quarantine but probably the closest thing to it.
I think this should paint the picture to those considering a late vacation.
Truth be told Greek youth is in part completely oblivious to the dangers of their irresponsible partying habits.
At the risk of going (very) off topic: It depends where you'll plan your holiday. We returned from a long weekend in lakoniki mani and besides wildfires everything was fine down there. I don't believe there are any cases in that region...or if there are, very few of them. But some of the islands is a very different story indeed.

I don't know how it is in the more heavily affected regions, but here in Peleponisos I don't think there is much difference between youth and older generations. There are few cases and most people act like nothing is happening. Including older people, not wearing masks in stores for example... "because it is more difficult to breathe". Well...duh.
giorginho likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Aug 29, 2020 at 6:48 am
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Cant say id blame the youth. Old Greeks arnt really doing anything either.

restaurant staff is mostly wearing transparent facecovers, but that's it. A few shops hardline on masks, but in some others I felt some hostility when actually wearing the masks...

and mykonos, who would have guessed. My karpathos flight stopped in heraklion back to Amsterdam. If I got covid it's from those people.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Yreal
...{snip}...If I got covid it's from those people.
Which people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.