Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

award flight cancelled - where are my miles?

Old Apr 11, 2020, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Hello all, sorry for opening a new thread. I had an A3 award booking (on TAP JFK/LIS/MUC in business) which was cancelled 2 weeks ago. My miles are still not showing up. Is this normal? I did send an email but no reply. Im just afraid since originally this miles would expire end of this month! As per now do not have clear plans and I'm unable to book something else. Afraid to lose the miles...
Old Apr 11, 2020, 9:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Call them. Your miles may indeed have their old validity period attached to them. So call them to get the miles refunded asap, so that you can re-use them.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:23 am

How would the A3 miles expire at the end of the month and how would you know if they did? They're "normally" not supposed to expire, ever! Did you perhaps misinterpret the date until which you could qualify for a status as a miles expiration date?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Call them. Your miles may indeed have their old validity period attached to them. So call them to get the miles refunded asap, so that you can re-use them.
I am in the same situation as OP, sent an email one month ago, but just got answered to call Aegean, unfortunately they do not answer the phone (I called about 15 times since 5 days)...
UPDATE: gave them a call today and go answered in 2 mn, agent informed me that the recredit of the miles would take 10 days max.

Last edited by Alfredbali; Apr 12, 2020 at 9:57 am
Old Apr 13, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by villainstlucia
Hello all, sorry for opening a new thread. I had an A3 award booking (on TAP JFK/LIS/MUC in business) which was cancelled 2 weeks ago. My miles are still not showing up. Is this normal? I did send an email but no reply. Im just afraid since originally this miles would expire end of this month! As per now do not have clear plans and I'm unable to book something else. Afraid to lose the miles...
Same here: Still waiting for the miles credit (and tax refund) for a cancelled award flight. Spoke to them on 29 March.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: A3 , M&M, HH, IHG AMB,
My experience was good. had to cancell all my award flights in the midst of march and was told that refund of miles and Taxes would take up to 25 Days. BUT the miles came back within 3 days but only the money took a little longer . a couple of days ago it was refunded to me. So up to now i guess all works but give them a little TIME.
YOU dont loose your miles. dont worry
romans likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:46 am

My miles took 2 weeks to get back to my account
2 of my award bookings got cancelled
stay calm everybody it takes more time then usual but the will be back in your account
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
I am in the same situation as OP, sent an email one month ago, but just got answered to call Aegean, unfortunately they do not answer the phone (I called about 15 times since 5 days)...
UPDATE: gave them a call today and go answered in 2 mn, agent informed me that the recredit of the miles would take 10 days max.
Well it seems AEGEAN agent was too optimistic, now 11 days and still no miles returned...

Last edited by Alfredbali; Apr 27, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I transferred miles over from Bonvoy and have been waiting for 3 weeks now.
They told me that it can take up to 4 weeks, so I'll bug them again next week :P
Of course everything takes much longer these days...
Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by jannosk
My miles took 2 weeks to get back to my account
2 of my award bookings got cancelled
stay calm everybody it takes more time then usual but the will be back in your account
It has been 19 days that Agean agent promised me refund of miles within 10 days. So yes i m worried my miles will never be back...
UPDATE called Aegean again, agent told me to expect delay of 20 working days for miles refund, and 30 days for tax refund, no penalty.

Last edited by Alfredbali; Apr 29, 2020 at 10:43 am
Old May 2, 2020, 11:56 am

It has been 19 days that Agean agent promised me refund of miles within 10 days. So yes i m worried my miles will never be back...
UPDATE called Aegean again, agent told me to expect delay of 20 working days for miles refund, and 30 days for tax refund, no penalty.
their program is still running so I dont believe you are in danger
the have to cope with an amazing situation
it will take more then 2 months to refund the money from the tickets as well
Alfredbali likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Agents can rebook you on a different flight, different destination during the phone call, but you will have to pay 20 Euros for this service.
Old May 6, 2020, 6:37 am

Finally got the miles back. Process took 3 1/2 weeks.
headingwest, romans and Jma12 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.