Wiki Posts
Search

Alpha Bank and Kotsovolos promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Alpha Bank and Kotsovolos promotion

For those who have the Aegean Bonus VISA, there is a promotion running at Kotsovolos. If you buy a Sony 55, 65 or 75 KD series TV, you get a free PS4 pro and 225 000, 305 000 or 480 000 bonus points. With the Aegean Bonus VISA, these translate 1:1 to A3 miles.

The price per mile is ~0.9 cents/mile, which is significantly lower than the extra miles promotion A3 was running previously (1.25 cents per mile). And of course you have to consider that you end up with a TV and PS4. Funnily enough, the lowest price TV is the one that gives you more miles/cent (0.91 vs 0.95 for the 75 in TV).

I have not seen any catch so far, but I'm kind of tempted!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The catch is that I am not too impressed with A3 miles these days, or not at all...I am looking for award availability in N.America and it is a very barren field...

The other catch is that I bought an overpriced laptop from Kotsovolos many years ago that turned out defective within a couple of months.

Other than these two caveats, it seems like an ok deal.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:26 pm

I agree with the 2nd. Almost everything in kotsovolos is ovepriced around 20% .
Not the best place to spent ur money or ur points
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The deal is even slightly better. When using the bonus card you get 8 points per euro spent; so that is up to 40K or so more miles for the most expensive TV.

Problem is that you will need to have a bonus card with a large enough spending limit. Assuming that these are credit cards it may not be so easy to sign up and get hold of a card that you can charge 5K euro to...
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by MixalisK.
...Not the best place to spent ur money or ur points
After several years of "frequently flying" () at Kotsovolos, I got treated so badly and unprofessionally by an employee when attempting to buy a new washing machine a couple of years ago (sorry, no details) that I decided not to set my feet in any of their stores again. Ever!

Last edited by KLouis; Apr 22, 2019 at 11:09 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by MixalisK.
I agree with the 2nd. Almost everything in kotsovolos is ovepriced around 20% .
Not the best place to spent ur money or ur points
+1 also they treat their staff like slaves! Shame A3 cant team up with Media Markt I always find the staff friendly and prices good.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
It's Alpha Bank that has teamed up with Kostovolos (who is considered among their major partners along with Vodafone, BP, A3 and others) and not A3 themselves.

However the points that one collects by using the credit/debit cards of Alpha Bank can be transformed into miles of A3 with a 1:1 conversion.

Finally Alpha Bank also offers points through time deposits.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I think the other major news here is that Kotsovolos has a TV to sell you for 4,600 euro, let's not loose sight of this nugget, lol...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
After several years of "frequently flying" () at Kotsovolos, I got treated so badly and unprofessionally by an employee when attempting to buy a new washing machine a couple of years ago (sorry, no details) that I decided not to set my feet in any of their stores again. Ever!
I think the majority of customers for kotsovolos are older people who cannot access internet. The fact is not bankcrupt yet is because is funded by Dixons.
Now back to points, i experienced only two good offers from Alpha.
One on Last christmas where they offered x10 in all kinds of spending (as responsible for common utilities i ordered 1000 € of heating oil for our building and got 10.000 points)
Other was on black friday where bank deposits got 20% more bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.