Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

SPG to aegean - WARNING [Transfer time, now fixed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG to aegean - WARNING [Transfer time, now fixed]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Exclamation SPG to aegean - WARNING [Transfer time, now fixed]

Just to warn you that I faced an issue with spg to aegean transfer.
I'm waiting for 2 transfer (28 June and 2 July) and nothing is posted and Aegean is very silent (no update about the case and no timeframe neither).
If you plan to transfer and need your miles in a reasonable timeframe be aware that there is an issue right now (they told be it's about their provider, but very vague and shady behaviour).
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Thanks for the update!

Transferred 20,000 SPG points (25,000 with bonus) first week of June and the transfer took 11 business days.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Me too was no problem in may and beginning of June, but now it's almost 3 weeks and nothing.
Took ages to aegean to answer (was surprised because they are usually good) and they mentioned :

"Further to our correspondence, I would like to inform you that the miles have not been credited yet, due to a technical malfunction occurred upon miles conversion.
We do expect that this issue will be resolved by the end of this week, but I will get back to you immediately after I have the relevant confirmation. "

I have 2 transfer, and both affected so it's sounds like a "global" issue no a transaction specific issue.
If you need your miles in a certain timeframe I guess better to get confirmation the issue is fixed.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Thanks for the headsup!
Hopefully it'll really be fixed by the end of the week.
Will likely transfer from SPG in about two weeks time. Despite not being urgent, it can sleep better when everything is set and done :P
frenchft likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
I did a second transfer on July 15 to top up my account. The points from SPG posted today after only 4 days.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:36 pm

My SPG transfer initiated on 7/7/18 posted today... 12 days.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

mines 28 June and 2 July still not posted... I start to loose patience...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
2 weeks for me too
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
2 weeks for me too
you contacted them, what they told you?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Question

update : nothing posted yet and Aegean does not respect their own timeframe and stay silent...
Almost one month now.
Anyone know if there is a way to get this solved?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:39 pm

Tried calling SPG?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Tried calling SPG?
yes, I did it of course and they confirmed that they have completed the transfer and that the issue is at Aegean level.
Aegean says that it's an issue with their provider (not SPG, points.com I guess).
But still nothing, was little disappointed because I had some travel plans that failed to book because of this delay and aegean that is usually very pro active and fast in dealing CS issue is kind of super discreet, don't answer emails, shady and hide my a** kind of behaviour.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:42 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
did you email them at miles_bonus@aegeanair.com?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBobon
did you email them at miles_bonus@aegeanair.com?
they are on the case, but no timeframe, just received this from them after insisting. Sounds that it's a issue they have right now and that they are dependant on a tierce party. Should have been nice they credit the miles instead of blocking them as they have the amounts, etc. Not very nice to block everything and assume that the customer can wait and being in the same boat :

Since the day we have received your first message, we are in contact with our external partner, who is responsible to resolve the specific issue, as we have noticed similar malfunction, regarding the the Star-points’ conversion, to other members as well.

As I had informed you through my previous message, we did expect that the issue would be resolved until the end of the previous week. However, the system is not fixed yet and I sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Once our external partner will successfully resolve this, the following miles will be registered to your Account:

20000 and 5000 miles (date: 28/6/2018)
20000 and 5000 miles (date: 3/7/2018)

Since we do monitor all similar cases, including yours on daily basis with priority, please allow me to get back to you when the settlement of your case will be finalized.

Thank you for your understanding and I assure that both you and our partner do our best to assist you the soonest possible.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

update : miles posted.
The magical effect of FlyerTalk mixed with some pushy email I guess... I don't like this way of doing but often work. Or maybe it's a coincidence. Who knows
GBobon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.