Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Auctioning of business class seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
They serve wine in economy too you know!

Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Does anyone know what the official policy is, regarding baggage allowance if only one of two connecting segments is upgraded? Someone up-thread said they only got the business class bag allowance if the first of the two segments was upgraded, but then a bit of a scroll down and someone else said they got it for both segments even when they only upgraded the second leg. I searched the website for the formal answer but to no avail.

I suspect it's just whatever the computer happens to say to the drones operating check in, at least at out-stations where it's outsourced. A formal policy would be helpful.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:53 am

Nothing to do with the drones operating check in (what exactly do you mean with that?): take a look at my e-ticket (red arrows point to the upgraded segments, all flights have 2PC luggage allowance. All legs were GoLight (i.e. no bags) prior to upgrade.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:24 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
same on my ticket. (2nd leg upgraded)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Both segments' upgrades cleared yesterday, but it is still listing only one bag under baggage allowance (it wasn't a light fare, I already had one bag included in my fare).

I'm checking in at an out-station so it's not Aegean employees at check in. The contractors don't have the ability to make their own decisions and overrule the computer, so if it says one bag, it's one bag, at least here, so they say.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:31 am

Did you get the info from the re-issued e-ticket? I'd call them. Their calling centre people are very competent and they often correct mistakes before you hang up!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeem
I'm checking in at an out-station so it's not Aegean employees at check in. The contractors don't have the ability to make their own decisions and overrule the computer, so if it says one bag, it's one bag, at least here, so they say.
all the time there should be the station manager (airline employee), so just ask for him if you have problems, but as @KLouis suggested, give a call to their callcenter, or a DM on Facebook (they are very responsive and useful here, very late in replies on Twitter)
SkyTeem likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:12 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Anyone have experience whether a successful upgrade bid will earn miles according to the original economy purchased fare or as a business class bucket/fare ?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by GVA
Anyone have experience whether a successful upgrade bid will earn miles according to the original economy purchased fare or as a business class bucket/fare ?
On A3 upgraded flights, miles are earned according to the original econ fare.

This is also true for SQ flights as well (at least until a couple of years ago). In other companies, such as SK, successful bids earn according to the new/upgraded fare.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
Both segments' upgrades cleared yesterday, but it is still listing only one bag under baggage allowance (it wasn't a light fare, I already had one bag included in my fare).

I have flown upgraded A3 flights from several outstations (CPH, ARN, BCN, VCE come to mind) and I never had any issues checking two or three bags. In some of them I kind of remember that my online booking page mentioned a single bag, but I didn't pay any heed to that and never had any problems. I didn't even give it any further thought until now. But of course the safest thing to do would be to give them a call as @GBobon suggested: they are --most of the times-- really efficient and competent in resolving such issues. In the worst case, as @KLouis mentioned, if it comes to that, talking to the station manager can work miracles from my experience (at least in Scandinavian airports).
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:46 am

@SkyTeem, you better call A3 then fighting at an outstation, for sure the guys from customer service will sort it out in minutes
Did you receive the confirmation email? There is stated the baggage allowance. if you didnt get it but saw online that can choose business class seats, then wait until they reissue your etix
SkyTeem likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Does anyone have any data points as to approximately when the auction result is known? May be a stupid question, but I have a flight next month, and I was wondering if I put in a bid now, will they still wait until the very last days to inform me of a successful bid?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:24 am

from my exp with other carriers, AZ, LH and LATAM, they sent me the new ticket about 10hrs before the flight (they are all using same system as A3)
blackball likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:07 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by blackball
Does anyone have any data points as to approximately when the auction result is known? May be a stupid question, but I have a flight next month, and I was wondering if I put in a bid now, will they still wait until the very last days to inform me of a successful bid?
Between 48 and 10 hours before the flight, typically.
blackball likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:02 pm

Anytime untill 48 hours before flight. Ussualy 72 to 48 hours before flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.