Search

Connections at HER - 55 min

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:41 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Connections at HER - 55 min

I will have later this week a 55 min connections at HER, from FRA and going to ATH. All A3/OA metal. What is the connection route at HER ? Straight into the departure area or should I go to security ? As it is not a hub I am concerned it is not design with connections in mind. Then I will have 50 min at ATH before going to JTR, but I guess this is a straightforward connection ?

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Your question is answered in this thread (wiki):

Immediate turnarounds in Europe on A3
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:54 pm

Should be easy, but...:

According to local press they've just (on Friday!) started a major construction job of the departure area while the airport is still operating and handling (sort of) high season numbers of passengers! The reason is that they want to expand by thousands of square metres before the next spring, i.e. the next tourist invasion. I really don't have the slightest idea how that affects departure in terms of time. In other words, be careful, such as OLCI!!!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:05 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

KLouis: thanks for the details. I will definitely OLCI upfront. This is all on one ticket so I should be fine no matter what.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I am at HER about to board my flight to ATH. From door open to gate was less than 10 minutes. There was no sign of construction work. Security was empty. Note that I am HBO. So it went well.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
{...snip...} There was no sign of construction work {...snip...}
Amazing! For a piece of local news, the local newspaper did not even send somebody the 4 km to the airport to check out! It wouldn't be important, but if the start of the construction is already delayed by one week, I wonder when they'll be finished... Anyway, I'm glad it was smooth...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.