Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Mileage Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Original Mileage Credit

Last week I flew a United itinerary that originally had 6 segments. Due to a 4 hour weather delay, I ended up having to involuntarily drop 2 of the segments. The flight was crediting to Aegean.

Am I able to claim credit for the original mileage with Aegean? If so, how?

I know I can make a missing mileage claim on the Aegean website, but I'd think this only applies to flown segments - do I contact Aegean or United to accomplish this?

Last edited by cruser1; Jul 18, 2017 at 9:31 am
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...credit-a3.html
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks! So I can likely get United to credit the mileage by calling them, but I probably can't get Aegean to give me tier miles?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
yes. It's not A3's problem. Only UA *could* help you...
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by A3 Customer Relations
In order for us to examine your request, you are kindly asked to provide us with a confirmation that you were involuntary rebooked to the flight [...]. More specifically, please contact the operating carrier and ask for a certification, confirming that your originally booked flight was overbooked and your ticket was reissued to the direct flight.

ObserverA3, once we have the required confirmation, we will be able to handle your claim and inform you accordingly.
This was for an SK flight where I volunteered to take a direct flight in an overbooking situation. Totally against my expectations, all worked out well in the end as SK (who are quite difficult to contact via e-mail) issued the requested certification.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:30 am

@ ObserverA3: Your post is strange. You quote A3 Customer Relations as being the OP of an unidentified thread, yet I don't think I've ever seen an FTer with such a user name. Or am I so mistaken? I assume that you copy-pasted part of a letter received from them into a "Quoted reply" box, is that so? Or we finally have a bona fide A3 person following FT whose posts are deleted (by whom?) for unknown reasons? Am I showing first signs of dementia?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
You can quote anything or anybody by just using the [quote=AnyAuthorYouLike] tag

Originally Posted by AnyAuthorYouLike
Hello world!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
yes. It's not A3's problem. Only UA *could* help you...
United's not going to budge! They keep claiming sending original routing credit to A3 is impossible and only A3 can provide that. A3 says United has to send them the data. Thanks for the information anyways!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.