Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

CONSULTATION: A3 meet-up thread (closes 30th June 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONSULTATION: A3 meet-up thread (closes 30th June 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:10 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks intuition - interesting points.

If I may, the drive for consultation is because we've recently seen a couple of individual threads started offering lounge access.

There was a mixed reaction - positive from the person offering, but negative from other posters who didn't feel the post was appropriate for this forum.

On top of that, there is the difficulty of what's been happening in the BA forum and elsewhere which led to a thread being wiped, so it's clear we need to get some sort of structure and etiquette around anything that may or may not emerge from this discussion. It just happens to be one of those that's sensitive enough at the moment to need some guiding.

The mod team would be responsible for setting those expectations and boundaries under which the thread was able to operate. After that, it would be to the forum members to post itineraries as they saw fit.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, I haven't been following the drama over at BAEC but I knew about the issues and I understand the will to act proactively. And I am all for the meet-up idea (and not for the soliciting of lounge access)

Last year I suggested to talkboard to enhance the flight connect calendar, since that tool could work as a truly global meet-up fora. It would be a one-stop-shop, where you could add your itineraries and/or search for connections. It would be a firm structure for meet-up threads and if the developers just gave it some love, it could be used both for local and global meet-ups.
But as it is now, it is easier to just use threads and wikis. Perhaps in the light of recent events there might be a interest in looking at flight connect again. If anyone wants to add opinions to that global topic it can be found here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...t-connect.html
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:07 pm

So what happened in the BA forum?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:59 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov
So what happened in the BA forum?
I can't go into enormous detail, because - like most here - I'm not privy to the knowledge the mods have over on that board.

General consensus was there were two issues - first, that guests may have been left alone by their host and subsequently caused a problem, and second that money was requested in return for lounge access. I hasten to add that I have no firm evidence that either of these have any basis in fact. The BA mods may or may not have - I haven't asked them, and I have no right nor need to do so.

Now, the first accusation is probably more an issue for the host, and arguably a embarrassment to FT. The request for money is an entirely different thing - potentially illegal, certainly morally reprehensible and definitely totally against the spirit of FT.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jul 1, 2016 at 6:45 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:46 am
Community Director
Original Poster

With the end of the consultation period, I'm closing this thread down. Thank you to everyone that contributed. We'll consider the best way to move forward from here, noting that there were no objections to adopting the BA board 'model'.

NWIFlyer
A3 forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.