Community
Wiki Posts
Search

crediting miles to another program!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by benberg2013
P Boarding can be done by showing your A3 gold card
That depends on the agent at the gate as well. One time at YVR I had A3 *S on boarding pass and showed my TK*G, and I was denied with priority boarding because it was not on the BP.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:09 pm

You didn't ask, but you should be able to use priority/business checkin just by showing your card as well, but you might need to make sure they don't then try to register it as your FFP!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:41 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I think in most airports priority boarding is enforced manually, so any valid BP will scan ok as long as nobody kicks you out of the line

if you are flying LH from Germany then priority is done by humans and normal is through the automatic gates - but if you use mobile boarding pass then you scan it yourself anyway so the agent will find it hard to see your status

I would have your card to hand so if they do ask anything you don't hold up the line for 20 seconds trying to find your card
Old Jun 4, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Thanks for the replies.

I'm kind of apprehensive about using these benefits when not crediting with Gold status, since it's sort of like jumping the queue in front of fellow passengers without status. Still, useful to know (especially the priority check-in - that could be useful if in a hurry!).
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by blackball
I'm kind of apprehensive about using these benefits when not crediting with Gold status, since it's sort of like jumping the queue in front of fellow passengers without status. Still, useful to know (especially the priority check-in - that could be useful if in a hurry!).
I would be less worried about that (although getting called out -- justly or unjustly) would be embarrassing, but more worried that by using the benefits without actually crediting miles to A3 you may be hurting A3 and make it more likely they'll diminish the *G cost/benefit ratio. It seems likely this is the case generally when talking about lounge access, less clear when it comes to other benefits. Only you can decide if you feel ok about that.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by witlesspax
I would be less worried about that (although getting called out -- justly or unjustly) would be embarrassing, but more worried that by using the benefits without actually crediting miles to A3 you may be hurting A3 and make it more likely they'll diminish the *G cost/benefit ratio. It seems likely this is the case generally when talking about lounge access, less clear when it comes to other benefits. Only you can decide if you feel ok about that.
I completely agree about the lounge access. I'm afraid if we abuse this right, there will be a backlash in the program in general (just or unjust ). I'm sure the rest of the benefits like priority check-in and boarding do not impact A3, financially (it may hurt fellow passengers' feelings, that's what I'm worried about :P).

Anyway, I'll see how it goes in the coming months, and decide what to do on the fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.