Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Stolen Miles [Correction of initial posting error?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Platinum, A3*G, AB OWS (Gold), LH FTL

I'm really confused because there are missing around 2.500 Miles in my account since a few days. I think there have been some mistakes by A3 in the past months (e.g. LH Y domestic is 950 miles, but A3 credited 1.250 miles), but is it okay to change it without any notice?

Any similar experiences?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Same thing happened to my account.

I was credited 1250 miles but apparently should have only received 950 so I'm assuming M&B realized the mistake and adjusted.

My only concern was that I re-qualified for Gold two months ago based on the 1250 credit. When the adjustment was made, I reverted to needing miles to re-qualify. There was no communication from M&B regarding the adjustment.

Good example of why it is important to monitor your account.

Fortunately, I have now officially re-qualified with a flight this week.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Platinum, A3*G, AB OWS (Gold), LH FTL
Thanks for your reply, I would have requalifed with my flight today, but I'm short 2.500 miles now

I don't like their move, it's ok to correct it, but you should tell your customers
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:48 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by the_passenger
Thanks for your reply, I would have requalifed with my flight today, but I'm short 2.500 miles now
Originally Posted by xichang08
My only concern was that I re-qualified for Gold two months ago based on the 1250 credit. When the adjustment was made, I reverted to needing miles to re-qualify. There was no communication from M&B regarding the adjustment.
It may be good service to inform people about the correction. But if you knew you were only due 950 miles, you should not have assumed you were going to requalify with those particular flights

If I unexpectedly requalified based on an error, I would not cancel all my further flights that I had booked in order to requalify properly, so it shouldn't matter

I did a German domestic and received 950, but have another Europe flight which is due 1250 miles and has completely failed to credit despite the connecting flight before and after both crediting in 1 day
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by :D!
It may be good service to inform people about the correction. But if you knew you were only due 950 miles, you should not have assumed you were going to requalify with those particular flights

If I unexpectedly requalified based on an error, I would not cancel all my further flights that I had booked in order to requalify properly, so it shouldn't matter
While I agree with the above, I have some sympathy as I might not book a discretionary flight (or credit it elsewhere if I had more than one FFP) if I believed I had requalified. Removal of miles from an account should not be done silently in any case, but we've seen in the past that Aegean is prepared to play a bit fast and loose with such things.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 3:05 am

Stolen? Report it to the Police
Old Jun 4, 2016, 3:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Y'all are flying expensive fares to get the 950/1250 miles on Lufthansa! I'm generally happy to get *anything* when flying them

It's somewhat strange that some people apparently got the correct 950 miles posted, while others got 1250 for domestic flights. A bug with a specific city pair perhaps?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Y'all are flying expensive fares to get the 950/1250 miles on Lufthansa! I'm generally happy to get *anything* when flying them
EDIT: ... in retrospect, let's not derail this thread. I'll just say I agree. :-)

Last edited by witlesspax; Jun 4, 2016 at 4:20 am Reason: Off topic comment
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: M&M FTL AEGEAN Gold HH Gold
I had a similar correction.
FDH-FRA in Z class originally credited as 1250 miles, now down to the correct 1000 miles.
I had some margin, so I'm still requalified for next year.
This route did already last year post with the wrong miles (4 times), but that wasn't touched.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:37 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
witlesspax has indicated this is OT and removed his response, but just FYI, my Y shorthauls were connections to longhaul PE (N class) flights, which actually reduced the overall price although adding an extra 3-4 hours each way (of which much was spent in lounges)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.