Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL, TK Gold
thanks.. how can i delete ethos threat?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Please no double postings, it's against FT T&C:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22466864-post59.html

You cannot cancel a thread. The mod can close it or merge to a thread with the same topic. To inform the mod, please use the alert button on the left side of the posts.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Skatn85
I got upgraded to Gold with Aegean in November 2013. Received my card in February 2014 and it is valid until 12/2014. I applied for lost card and waiting for my new card (which presumably will be valid till 12/2015).

I wrote an email to Aegean asking about the validity of my status, and they said that it is valid for 3 years since upgrade, and that I need to credit at least one Star Alliance flight by November 2016. In case I credit a flight October 2014, my status (Gold status) will be valid till October 2017. And so on. Hope this helps.
No worries, and welcome to FlyerTalk, of course. We've cut, pasted, merged, moved, trimmed and cleaned up any mess on Aisle 4.

The easiest way to read the "netiquette" here is to check the FAQ and the Guidelines and Rules (TOS); some of us may forget, but we were all new here once. Now, though, there's also an Information Desk Forum - great information for new members, as well as a most useful thread: Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread, since our Advanced Search is powerful - but also a bit different from other forms of search common on the Internet.

If you want a moderator to pay attention to a particular post or to ask a moderator to delete, close, retitle, etc. use the - click on it to bring up a form entitled "Aleert a moderator to this post", fill it out and send it; it will go to all moderators of the forum you are in. If there are no moderators appointed to that forum, it will go to the four senior moderators.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by kanor
Please use search before posting
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...-validity.html
short answer: nothing has changed, only the plastic
^ that's great news, still waiting for my card
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by Skatn85

I got upgraded to Gold with Aegean in November 2013. Received my card in February 2014 and it is valid until 12/2014. I applied for lost card and waiting for my new card (which presumably will be valid till 12/2015).

I wrote an email to Aegean asking about the validity of my status, and they said that it is valid for 3 years since upgrade, and that I need to credit at least one Star Alliance flight by November 2016. In case I credit a flight October 2014, my status (Gold status) will be valid till October 2017. And so on. Hope this helps.
Astonishing:

Someone who has actually written to the airline asking them to to clarify, rather than just solicited baseless speculation! Tut tut…
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:31 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by tallboy
Astonishing:

Someone who has actually written to the airline asking them to to clarify, rather than just solicited baseless speculation! Tut tut…
I posted that also somewhere a long time ago. I also emailed A3 and they confirmed the same thing Skatn85 was told.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:44 am

So the status is valid for 3 years, but the dates on the actual cards are only 1-year ahead?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by JustCruising
So the status is valid for 3 years, but the dates on the actual cards are only 1-year ahead?
I was upgraded to Gold two weeks ago so I called up just now about what's being talked about here. They said:

1) I can expect my package before the 25th of May
2) New Star Alliance rule is that cards have only a 1-year validity so they will keep sending one every year (this is in line with my Blue Card from last year having an expiration month of December 2016) for as long as the account is active
3) My card should have an expiration month of December 2015
4) Gold-status is valid for as long as the account is active
5) Account will stay active as long as one Star Alliance-flight is credited every three years
6) "Have a nice day"
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by jason8612
I posted that also somewhere a long time ago. I also emailed A3 and they confirmed the same thing Skatn85 was told.
this thread is a sad example of excessive abuse of A3 customer service for information that is already available here in this very same thread
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:43 am

The bottom line is - A3 can make changes anytime and for any reason, but they must always update them in the Terms and Conditions.

The agent I talked to today gave me the impression that for the future, the people who don't just add one flight per three years; instead adding at least one or two per year; will have much more of a chance of retaining the current conditions for their Gold membership. Say if Aegean decides to change Gold memberships that have been inactive for two years to Blue memberships - you will keep your Gold membership because of your pattern of account activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.