Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

AEGEAN’s Mobile Boarding Pass now on Passbook

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 5:27 am
Original Poster

A nice additon to the mobile check in. I especially like the colour coded BP Gold and Blue. Have not seen that before and makes it easier for the gate agents to determine status at boarding and lounge entry without having to show a card.

AEGEAN's innovative philosophy, aims to offer to its passengers smart and user-friendly online services, in order to further enhance their travel experience.

In a continuous effort to expand the mobile services portfolio offered from its mobile site (mobile.aegeanair.com) and the applications for iPhone and Android mobile phones, AEGEAN now provides the Mobile Boarding Pass service on Passbook.

AEGEAN's Mobile Boarding Pass is now compatible with Passbook, the advanced iPhone application that allows all passengers with an iPhone or iPod touch (with iOS6 or later) to save all their Mobile Boarding Passes in one location. The Mobile Boarding Pass can then be called up at any time, even without Internet access.

Through the easy-to-use Passbook app, the Mobile Boarding Pass for the flight will automatically appear on the mobile phone screen (Lock screen) as passengers approach the airport and at the scheduled boarding time.

In order to activate the service, the passenger simply selects the "Add to Passbook" icon as soon as the Mobile Check-in is completed or when the Mobile Boarding Pass is received through web check-in.

http://en.aegeanair.com/all-about-us...ease/?prid=411
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:55 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Most of the European *A airlines offer this (eg LH, LX and OS). However all of those do not update boarding passes once added to the app.

So during the last few months I have had a couple of these passes added to my iPhone, and for example delays or seat changes are not reflected. Even though I am connected to the internet continuesly.

I very much wonder if A3 has a better implementation. The passbook app offers the functionality to update these boarding passes, it would be very nice if that option is used
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:04 pm

Do you have (bigger) photos?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Max I can find :

http://www.airnews.gr/wp-content/upl...ook-aegean.jpg
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:39 am

Its basically the same as any other passbook BP. Just replace the LH logo with the A3 logo and use this as example: http://upload.xandrios.net/lh_passbook.PNG
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Its basically the same as any other passbook BP. Just replace the LH logo with the A3 logo and use this as example: http://upload.xandrios.net/lh_passbook.PNG
TK*G Re ... Xandroglou
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
US airways' is also identical to those. I'm guessing Star Alliance uses a standard template? Or maybe its just an apple template.

Either way a nice addition when can be used.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:36 am

Most of the European *A airlines offer this (eg LH, LX and OS). However all of those do not update boarding passes once added to the app.

So during the last few months I have had a couple of these passes added to my iPhone, and for example delays or seat changes are not reflected. Even though I am connected to the internet continuesly.
Interesting, didn't realized OS (Austrian Airline) has Passbook.

Have you checked if these boarding passes are actually enabled for updates? (on the back of the pass there should be an Automatic Updates toggle)
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
TK*G Re ... Xandroglou
I can't help it Aegean didn't want to match for *A status ;-) At least I'm collecting miles with A3 now ;-) It would help a lot if they start AMS-ATH..

Posting this from the Goldair lounge..

@macfly: LH and OS have a 'show on lock screen' toggle only, LX has no toggles at all. Guess that explains why I wasn't getting any updates then! It's not supported by them..
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:39 am
Original Poster

I can't help it Aegean didn't want to match for *A status ;-) At least I'm collecting miles with A3 now ;-) It would help a lot if they start AMS-ATH..

Posting this from the Goldair lounge..
Im glad you got the joke

I am TK*G too but dont use it . I actually applied to both when BD was going down the tubes and both came back. I have to say I was nearly at Gold with A3 when I applied so thats maybe why it came back so fast. Since then I have been loyal to them and credited all my Star bookings to them. In the end it doesnt matter as long as you are enjoying the benefits I do kind of feel guilty about TK though as they were good to match but in the end there was no point using two so A3 was the obvious choice They give me all the perks I need and so far I never had any issues with them in terms of recognising status/crediting miles etc...

Goldair lounge is nice. I love the Tyropitakia in there. Still not as good as Gregoris though
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
...Goldair lounge is nice. I love the Tyropitakia in there. Still not as good as Gregoris though
I personally prefer the spanakopittakia, but what is great during the Sarakosti period are the kalitsounakia. Pity I'll have to wait till next year to eat them again...
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
I kalitsounakia.
The best ones I ever had of those at an Airport lounge was in the Olympic lounge. They were nice I had way too many Aegean do a mean melomakarona - μελομακάρονα at Xmas though Only one thing for it Lounge surf
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:50 pm

Personally around the holidays I am a sucker for kourabiedes - especially when freshly made. My inlaws actually prepare them with olive oil instead of butter (its a Peloponnese thing) and that makes them (sort of) healthy. Its my excuse to eat tons Havent seen kourabiedes at any lounge yet though.

As for savoury treats the Goldair lounge is not bad, although it would be nice if they could serve the pasteries hot. Have to say that I kind of like the salad option that most lounges offer now as well. Sure those tomatoes have been sitting there for a while, but overall I find a hearty tomato, cucumber, red onion (Hello seat neighbour ) & feta cheese bowl very satisfying before a flight. Too bad none of them offers any great bread to accompany a salad!

Last edited by Xandrios; Apr 24, 2013 at 1:08 pm
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Personally around the holidays I am a sucker for kourabiedes - especially when freshly made. My inlaws actually prepare them with olive oil instead of butter (its a Peloponnese thing) and that makes them (sort of) healthy. Its my excuse to eat tons Havent seen kourabiedes at any lounge yet though.
Never heard of them without butter. Must try them ! They are not my favourite but my Mother adores them . I always take her a box back I would be scared not to.

BA Lounge ATH have them :

Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
Where can I find the Passbook - File?
I just checked in for a multi-leg Aegean-flight and in the confirmation email as well as on the mobile boarding pass (mobile website) there is NO link or file to add into my passbook wallet.

My last Aegean boardingpass (January 2017) is still there - so I worked fine last time.
But for now I can´ t find the file or the URL towards the file.

Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.