Wiki Posts
Search

Copa - doesn't recogznize A3*G?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, BA, KE
Copa - doesn't recogznize A3*G?

Just wondering if anyone has had problems having an Aegean *G added to a Copa booking (YYZ-PTY) They seemed to not know who A3 was, and not sure that they added it correctly when I phoned them.
Thx.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:58 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Airbus330
Just wondering if anyone has had problems having an Aegean *G added to a Copa booking (YYZ-PTY) They seemed to not know who A3 was, and not sure that they added it correctly when I phoned them.
Thx.
Well the thread below shows someone having problems with A3*S. Why are you not sure that they added it correctly?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, BA, KE
well, for starters, when I pull-up the booking on the Copa website, it won't let me select any of the available 'Preferred seats" in the Y cabin. That's usually allowed for *G I would think. Further, the booking shows the A3 #, but nothing about it being A3 or Aegean specifically. So I am not really certain.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:01 am

I'm the poster of the thread below. Having same issue. They told me to call United, who pretty much just laughed and said was a Copa issue. Trying to resolve it now through Aegean CS, but no luck so far. Will post in other thread if successful; please do the same.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Airbus330
well, for starters, when I pull-up the booking on the Copa website, it won't let me select any of the available 'Preferred seats" in the Y cabin. That's usually allowed for *G I would think. Further, the booking shows the A3 #, but nothing about it being A3 or Aegean specifically. So I am not really certain.
*G won't get you preferred seats on other airlines in the alliance unfortunately.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:24 am

I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but in my experience as A3*G it has been quite random whether or not my status is in my boarding pass when I have given my A3 number. Sometimes it shows in one direction and does not show in other. And that has happened with SK, TK and LH at least, though all of them have also got it right at least once. I suspect that the system how they query the status for FFP# from A3 is not very reliable. The miles have posted right though and I haven't had any troubles getting *G perks at the airports.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:15 am

I am aware that some people give their number without starting it with "A3". This would create a biiiig problem. If you do include it, though, I can't offer any intelligent explanation, other than that COPA's IT system is in dire need of upgrade!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
I am aware that some people give their number without starting it with "A3". This would create a biiiig problem. If you do include it, though, I can't offer any intelligent explanation, other than that COPA's IT system is in dire need of upgrade!
When making the reservation, I selected Miles & Bonus, then entered the number, which does not include A3 in front. Are you saying A3 needs to be included even when selecting the program?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by mpond
When making the reservation, I selected Miles & Bonus, then entered the number, which does not include A3 in front. Are you saying A3 needs to be included even when selecting the program?
No! If you did it on-line, then I was wrong with my idea and the problem is clearly with Copa and its IT system.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kallio
. I suspect that the system how they query the status for FFP# from A3 is not very reliable.
A3 has everything (FFP and ticketing) loaded into Amadeus, which means that it should be one of the most reliable systems in the alliance. The issue is probably with COPA's IT.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:57 pm

This issue not happens only in COPA. Today I traveled GRu-LIM thru TAM Airlines and didnt recognize.
I think is a Amadeus issue
Old Apr 8, 2013, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
*G won't get you preferred seats on other airlines in the alliance unfortunately.
I had no problems choosing preferred seats on AC with my A3 *G account. Altough not the exit row seats, just the seats in the first economy row (they were marked as preferred, the exit row seats are some sort of super preferred, you have to pay for them, even as a *G).
Old Apr 9, 2013, 9:03 am

Funny, on Copa, I can choose exit row seating but not preferred economy. Still waiting to hear back from A3 support.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by mpond
Funny, on Copa, I can choose exit row seating but not preferred economy. Still waiting to hear back from A3 support.
Somehow I doubt that you'll ever hear back from them; at any rate, even if they answer, they'll tell you that this is a problem with COPA: it's them not recognising Aegean while most other *A partners do!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by edoa
I had no problems choosing preferred seats on AC with my A3 *G account. Altough not the exit row seats, just the seats in the first economy row (they were marked as preferred, the exit row seats are some sort of super preferred, you have to pay for them, even as a *G).
Even Air Canada's Elites at the 50K level can't select the exit row seats for free, so at least in this case they aren't putting their own members above other mid-level *G's. You need to at least fly 75K on AC or purchase a near-full fare ticket in order to preselect the exit row for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.