Search

Positive experience with A3*S

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Positive experience with A3*S

Hello everybody!
I'm new to this forum but I've been learning a lot from it lately.
I have recently done a 8 legs trip for leisure and business with TAP, TACA, AVIANCA and AEROGAL.
I achieved *S after my first flight with TAP: GVA-LIS-GIG. Then went from GRU-BOG and got offered lounge access and emergency exit (I like this seat for long trips). Then BOG-GYU with aerogal, that I didn't get the miles yet. Even though it was a AVIANCA flight.
Then UIO-LIM was normal and from LIM-GIG I got a complimentary upgrade at the gate. I don't have a *S card yet. I just used a printed version.
Then GIG-OPO-GVA I was offered lounge in GIG but TAP said no upgrades for other *A members.
I guess so far my experience is pretty good, with the whole trip I'm close to 16-17k and I'm trying to get some points from past flights, but I don't know if it's possible.
Questions:
May I get the miles from my BOG-GYE flight even though its operated by aerogal?
I read you can request miles up to 6 months before the dated you enrolled. I joined M&B in February, and I'm requesting in March, now, miles from September. Is it possible?
Cheers
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingjon
Hello everybody!
I'm new to this forum but I've been learning a lot from it lately.
I have recently done a 8 legs trip for leisure and business with TAP, TACA, AVIANCA and AEROGAL.
I achieved *S after my first flight with TAP: GVA-LIS-GIG. Then went from GRU-BOG and got offered lounge access and emergency exit (I like this seat for long trips). Then BOG-GYU with aerogal, that I didn't get the miles yet. Even though it was a AVIANCA flight.
Then UIO-LIM was normal and from LIM-GIG I got a complimentary upgrade at the gate. I don't have a *S card yet. I just used a printed version.
Then GIG-OPO-GVA I was offered lounge in GIG but TAP said no upgrades for other *A members.
I guess so far my experience is pretty good, with the whole trip I'm close to 16-17k and I'm trying to get some points from past flights, but I don't know if it's possible.
Questions:
May I get the miles from my BOG-GYE flight even though its operated by aerogal?
I read you can request miles up to 6 months before the dated you enrolled. I joined M&B in February, and I'm requesting in March, now, miles from September. Is it possible?
Cheers
AeroGal is an Affiliate member of Star Alliance, the way for instance Lufthansa City Line or United Express are. So the way I understand it, if you purchased an Avianca coded flight on AeroGal (so AV coded, not 2K), because they are affiliate members, you should earn the miles for your flight.

Last edited by arcticbull; Mar 21, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, TG*S
I wonder how come TAP offered lounge access to *S.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:21 am

The same happens in Avianca-Taca in Sao Paulo. Many times in last 3 months I was invited to enjoy the Delta's Vip lounge (Avianca-taca has contract with Delta to use the Vip Lounge) with *S tier.
Yesterday my status was changed to *G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.