Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

AMAZING redemption table on Aegean - Am I missing something???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMAZING redemption table on Aegean - Am I missing something???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
AMAZING Redemption table on Aegean - Am I missing something???

The only redemption table I see on the Aegean site for redemption on Aegean looks amazing...maybe too good to be true:
It seems to apply to ALL Aegean flights. So Athens to Philadelphia, Business Class RT would only be 40,000! Is that possible???

Miles redemption on Aegean flights

Economy
Greek Domestic Flights
One Way Round Trip
6.250 12.500
International Flights
11.000 22.000

Business
Greek Domestic Flights
One Way Round Trip
9.000 18.000
International Flights
20.000 40.000

Miles & Bonus program is sector oriented. The passenger redeems for every flight number the miles corresponding to such flight. Flights with an intermediate stop having one flight number e.g. Rhodes – Rome via Athens, shall be considered as one flight.

Examples:

If you wish to travel Economy class on an Intra Greece or Intra Germany round trip (for example Athens-Thessaloniki-Athens), you will have to redeem 12500 miles.
If you wish to travel Economy class on an international round trip (for example Chania - Rome - Chania, via Athens), you will have to redeem 34500 miles.

Chania-Athens-Chania 12,500 miles
Athens-Rome-Athens 22,000 miles
Total34,500 miles

Last edited by larrythai; Aug 1, 2012 at 9:13 am
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Those mileage charts are limited to routes made up exclusively of A3 flights.

To get to PHL, you would have to take a partner flight because A3 doesn't fly to PHL (i.e. a *A partner reward). You'd have to look at the partner award chart to get the required mileage. Your ATH-PHL example in C would require 90,000 miles.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
OK....Thought A3 flew to the US, as well, since Philadephia is listed as a destination. But it's probably on a different airline's metal. Oh well!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
No, it doesn't. Yes they are other airlines. I think if it were otherwise it would have been spotted by Flyertalker's already
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by larrythai
OK....Thought A3 flew to the US, as well, since Philadephia is listed as a destination. But it's probably on a different airline's metal. Oh well!
Codeshare with US!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
On the other hand, any long range route added by A3 will be scrutinized Too bad they don't have equipment for that, so it can happen all of sudden...
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat, A3* Gold, WN A+ CP, Marriott Plat Prem (LTP), Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz PC
They are better than United's redemption rate in Business and First though I noticed.

In MileagePlus, a domestic roundtrip within North America in Business is 50k for a Saver Reward and 100k for a Standard Reward in United Miles. First is 70k Saver and 140k Standard.

However, if you use your Aegean Miles to book the same flights it's 42k for Business and 80k for First. They don't differentiate between Saver / Standard rates.

That's a huge difference on a "Standard" Business Redemption roundtrip: 42k vs 100k...
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by Larabar
They are better than United's redemption rate in Business and First though I noticed.

In MileagePlus, a domestic roundtrip within North America in Business is 50k for a Saver Reward and 100k for a Standard Reward in United Miles. First is 70k Saver and 140k Standard.

However, if you use your Aegean Miles to book the same flights it's 42k for Business and 80k for First. They don't differentiate between Saver / Standard rates.

That's a huge difference on a "Standard" Business Redemption roundtrip: 42k vs 100k...
That's because the only have saver - you can't book standard.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I honestly think the "sweet spot" is 21K for intra-Asia business one-way. It's close to the miles needed for *G, and you could do something like NRT-SIN-xxx in SQ J or other great *A Js.

Not bad for transcon UA J either, cheaper than UA's price.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
1. If you wish to travel Economy class on an Intra Greece or Intra Germany round trip (for example Athens-Thessaloniki-Athens), you will have to redeem 12500 miles.

So Intra Germany is only 6250 miles each way? 12500 miles round trip?

Germany? Am I missing something?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that many of the tables on the A3 website for award tickets give one way prices in miles.

Note also that A3 doesn't give bonus redeemable miles for elites as UA/CO and other *A carriers do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.