Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Members should note that the contents in this thread mostly relate to the old Miles+Bonus programme, and therefore may be dramatically out of date. The information can only be relied upon for historical purposes, and that contained in early posts in particular should be treated with caution.
Print Wikipost

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BRflyer
Hi! Is it possible to book awards on *A to family members (i would not be travelling with them) via web, or should I call. They state it is required written names of the award passengers, but does not say how (mail, email, fax, scanned?), any thoughts/experiences?
Txs and nice flights
Just call. It's easier
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:59 pm

Hi,
Any idea if I try crediting us airways flight to Aegean and aegean des not give credit or it, can I then turn to united to credit the miles there?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus; Jet Privilege; Dynasty Flyer; Miles&Bonus; Krisflyer
I am short of a couple of thousand miles in the Miles and Bonus program to get an upgrade to Gold. Can i transfer the required miles from Royal Orchid in order to get the needed upgradations or do i need to wait until i complete my next flight..
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hemkp
Originally Posted by gmsflyer
I am short of a couple of thousand miles in the Miles and Bonus program to get an upgrade to Gold. Can i transfer the required miles from Royal Orchid in order to get the needed upgradations or do i need to wait until i complete my next flight..
You can't transfer between programs. So you will have too wait to your next flight.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus; Jet Privilege; Dynasty Flyer; Miles&Bonus; Krisflyer
Thanks AxelB.. :-:
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
depending where u go frequently.
i use m&m only for k-class or others, otherwise other FFP to keep *gold

Originally Posted by Luca Avalle
Hello,

my first post in this forum, I am a *A Frequent Flyer (LH), I am not realistically going to have the *A Lufthansa Senator Status within 12 months since I do not fly enough for that.

Over 12 Months I fly around 50.000 *A Miles.

I am only interested in Accessoing Lounges even with Economy and gathering as many Miles as possible to get free tickets/upgrades for me & gfriend.

I have now 250K miles on the M&M card, I if swtich now to A3 M&B, what would be the best thing to do? Credit to the old M&M LH card and than Benefit to the new M&B A3 card?

Thank you
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Kenji
depending where u go frequently.
i use m&m only for k-class or others, otherwise other FFP to keep *gold
you should consider this "trick" then:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19921351-post28.html
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Looking at availability for my possible first time award flight using A3 miles.

Checked ANA, i used the tool before before and the tool shows either "ok" "-" or "x" sometimes the select button above the "ok" is highlighted.

I always thought that as long as the sector showed "ok" then I would be able to book it however Aegean does not see the seat. TG F.

Am I not getting it or is "ok" on ANA actually not bookable as an award unless the select button is highlighted?

Globalist
(I probably should have posted this in the newbie zine, my appologies).
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:16 pm

Wondering...
I have a Flight coming up on US Airways in R class (lowest paid fare class) at the time of booking, R class still appeared in the 100% earnings field in Aegeans earning table for US, but was removed recently.
I wanna try crediting the miles of that upcoming flight to Aegean for the possibility that it will earn mileage, am I risking losing everything? Meaning, if i give my Aegean ff # and don't get any mileage credit, can i then try to claim those miles with a diffent *A partner given that I did not get credit for it yet or does my try for Aegean miles ( in the event r class will not give me mileage there) kill my chance of receiving mileage credit for this flight with a different partner that normally would give for this fare class ( like united) ?
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:38 am
gfb

Programs: UA 1k, A3 Blue, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Quick Q: is the mileage earning minimum per segment flown as with united?
i.e. EWR-IAD-SFO-IAD-EWR would earn 4xMinimum or flown miles, whichever is higher?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by gfb
Quick Q: is the mileage earning minimum per segment flown as with united?
i.e. EWR-IAD-SFO-IAD-EWR would earn 4xMinimum or flown miles, whichever is higher?
Yes, that is my experience. Last year I flew IND-IAH-LIT and received 845 tier miles for IND-IAH and 500 tier miles for IAH-LIT
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
Question Exact asian destination split within Aegean award chart ?

Hello,
Is there any place to find an exact region definition (country by country) used for the aegean award chart ?
I am wondering about their exact split between Near & Central Asia / Far East & Oceania ?
Thanks
Eddy
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Eddy421
Hello,
Is there any place to find an exact region definition (country by country) used for the aegean award chart ?
I am wondering about their exact split between Near & Central Asia / Far East & Oceania ?
Thanks
Eddy
http://en.aegeanair.com/Themes/1/Def...demptionA3.pdf
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:22 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Most useful link ever! thanks! ^
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
BThumme, thanks a lot

There are clearly some sweet spots / redemptions routes, especially thanks to the very large definition of the Far East region, like Seoul to Bali one way in C for 21000 miles...

Eddy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.