Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
I think the biggest risk is or was for gold members to get reduced benefits.)
Other than reducing the number of points earnt, I don't see how that would be possible given that Gold members receive zero guaranteed, tangible benefits. And even the value of Platinum status varies greatly by hotel. And when staying at an Accor property outside the Asia-Pacific region and without a lounge, Plat benefits are often non-existent.
Easytravel likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:12 pm
R2

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
And when staying at an Accor property outside the Asia-Pacific region and without a lounge, Plat benefits are often non-existent.
Aren't you forgetting the apple
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Setting a target is easy.

Getting all stakeholders on board to accept benefits takes a much longer time. I am also quite certain that with all the issues of inconsistencies, they would want to make sure that property owners don't mess around with a customer who has spent x amount of dollars at Accor.

So I can imagine that benefits are being drafted right now, and at some stage mid year a letter will go out to all stakeholders, especially property owners, in telling them that 1), 2), 3) are the benefits for Classic, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Black. "This is what you are expected to comply with moving forward. If as property is not able to grant such benefit, the guest will be granted courtesy points of xx value which shall be at the cost of the property".

I think what would do well here right now is for us to discuss what we expect to see moving forward. Leaving aside the whole "consistency would be nice".. What do we want to see from this new Diamond status.

My request:
- Complimentary breakfast worldwide
- Guaranteed Double room upgrade (confirmed pre-stay if available during booking). (no restrictions to upgrade into suites).
- Guaranteed Early/Late checkin/out
- Dedicated Customer Service Desk
- Access to Gold Lounges at Fairmont
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I find this 2nd announcement showing a positive trend with ALL:
- new tier with added benefits (of course, we don't know them yet but we know it's additional benefits). This new tier (Diamond) is interesting to favor loyalty with Accor instead of going elsewhere once passed the Plat requalification threshold
- a new on-invitation tier, which is always useful for a company like Accor and which may benefit to some people considered key for the company
- a very welcome suite upgrade for Plats
- new ways to earn and spend points
- And one very important aspect, different than when other programs made changes : there is no devaluation of existing benefits for Silver/Gold/Plat ^

Something missing at that point and long awaited : Plat for life status ?
i guess there will still be some form of devaluation if the new diamond benefits too close to platinum.
right now platinum is the top tier, so some hotels will go further to reward their platinum guest --some additional perks i enjoy are: free minibar, multiple category upgrade or even suite upgrade, free breakfast outside of asia, free meal voucher,
when new status starts flowing in, hotel might not give these to plat anymore.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:03 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i guess there will still be some form of devaluation if the new diamond benefits too close to platinum.
right now platinum is the top tier, so some hotels will go further to reward their platinum guest --some additional perks i enjoy are: free minibar, multiple category upgrade or even suite upgrade, free breakfast outside of asia, free meal voucher,
when new status starts flowing in, hotel might not give these to plat anymore.
The Diamond status is not an easy target to achieve.

I would not want to consider the pluses that we get as platinums occasionally as that of norm for Diamond; it needs to be more than that, There need to be guarantees and extra benefits.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
The Diamond status is not an easy target to achieve.

I would not want to consider the pluses that we get as platinums occasionally as that of norm for Diamond; it needs to be more than that, There need to be guarantees and extra benefits.
You can't guarantee suite upgrades. There's not always going to be inventory for that. Diamond is roughly the same as IC RA status in terms of what it costs to achieve. RA is a very, very nice status to have I can tell you. If ALL Diamond status come close to that it would be a good thing for frequent Accor guests. Free mini-bar or not.
gilbertaue and Goldorak like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
You can't guarantee suite upgrades. There's not always going to be inventory for that. Diamond is roughly the same as IC RA status in terms of what it costs to achieve. RA is a very, very nice status to have I can tell you. If ALL Diamond status come close to that it would be a good thing for frequent Accor guests. Free mini-bar or not.
You can guarantee it if it happens during or just shortly after the booking process - similar to how the FPC Suite upgrade certs worked in the past.

Just had a look at the IC RA benefits - agree, that would be something to aspire to.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
To correct some things here.

You can ONLY start working towards Diamond in 2020.

NOTHING that you work on now will give you Diamond on the 1st Jan 2020. The max is still Platinum.

You CAN get Diamond in 2020 the moment you have spent the equivalent of ~€11,500.

So there is no need for Accor to release any benefit information now. It would be nice, so you can start cozying up to Accor, but you will not have Diamond status on the 1st Jan 2020 so it doesn't matter.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The information on the Accor website seems contradictory / inconsistent.

"Status points earnt in 2019 will count for qualification of Diamond status in 2020" certainly sounds like it is possible to qualify for Diamond status based on spending in 2019.
Indeed, I went through the same hesitation, but reading the last sentence you quoted, I thought it was possible to earn it for 01/2020 based on 2019 earnings. A clarification from Accor would be welcome.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I checked the French text and it is clear : Diamond status will be granted in Jan. 2020 if 26K status points earned in 2019.

Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You can guarantee it if it happens during or just shortly after the booking process - similar to how the FPC Suite upgrade certs worked in the past.
Fairmont hotels are large with many suites. Accor All will encompass many different hotel types, both small boutique and large palaces. So, like SPG Suite Night Awards, hotels will grant the request when they can, and deny it when they cannot.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:03 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
My request:
- Complimentary breakfast worldwide
- Guaranteed Double room upgrade (confirmed pre-stay if available during booking). (no restrictions to upgrade into suites).
- Guaranteed Early/Late checkin/out
- Dedicated Customer Service Desk
- Access to Gold Lounges at Fairmont
Get out of my gold lounge!

But regarding your requests, as an ex FPC premium member (which at that point probably had the same worth as platinum with the new program), I'd like to request those suite upgrades to be available for gold members too... To differentiate give the platinum members double the amount. If that happens, then it'd at least be a little more like in the old FPC days.

Aka first certificate with reaching gold, second with reaching platinume and then as they introduced it with the points.
gilbertaue, Easytravel and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Get out of my gold lounge!

But regarding your requests, as an ex FPC premium member (which at that point probably had the same worth as platinum with the new program), I'd like to request those suite upgrades to be available for gold members too... To differentiate give the platinum members double the amount. If that happens, then it'd at least be a little more like in the old FPC days.

Aka first certificate with reaching gold, second with reaching platinume and then as they introduced it with the points.
Giving your post a "Like" is not me getting out of your Gold lounge.

My post was regarding what I'd like to see for Diamond members. So you mean drop the benefit of double upgrade to Plats and gold get single?
Or maybe:

Gold: Single upgrade (non guaranteed)
Platinum: Double upgrade (non guaranteed)
Diamond: Double upgrade (guaranteed)
Nick Art likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
While it would benefit us getting 2 suite upgrades being plats and of course great for golds I think it is a bit unrealistic if assuming golds and above get to keep 1 level upgrades depending on availability upon check in. I think Accor wont fully replicate the FPC program but will make it halfway between the 2 old programs.

Also giving golds the suite upgrade is a huge plus on top of the older rule on upgrading for what 4000 more status points over silver? Maybe a garrenteed 1 level/room upgrade is better. So if you book the cheapest room you can get the 1 level upgrade when booking.

Again I would be happy if they did but I can't see it happening.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:31 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by tris06
While it would benefit us getting 2 suite upgrades being plats and of course great for golds I think it is a bit unrealistic if assuming golds and above get to keep 1 level upgrades depending on availability upon check in. I think Accor wont fully replicate the FPC program but will make it halfway between the 2 old programs.

Also giving golds the suite upgrade is a huge plus on top of the older rule on upgrading for what 4000 more status points over silver? Maybe a garrenteed 1 level/room upgrade is better. So if you book the cheapest room you can get the 1 level upgrade when booking.

Again I would be happy if they did but I can't see it happening.
The problem is: Currently going halfway between both programs for me and other ex premium members means we have just lost immensly on benefits and recognition. (I.e. matching with accor "silver" and taking away the set of certificate benefits and now being excluded from the newly introduced suite certificates).

Giving gold a suite upgrade would make the whole equation (at least for former FPC premium members) from a huge minus to a only smaller minus, and for non ex fpc gold members, obviously it'd be a plus. Because tbh, gold currently imo is pretty much worthless.

I know it doesn't look as if that is gong to happen, but I can dream.

Last edited by Nick Art; Mar 5, 2019 at 1:10 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I checked the French text and it is clear : Diamond status will be granted in Jan. 2020 if 26K status points earned in 2019.

I just got back a confirmation and I was wrong. Apologies.

So you can work towards Diamond in 2019. Benefits will most likely be announced later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.