Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:46 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Everyone, I have been informed that the chart only covers certain benefits. Others, such as free Asia breakfast are NOT going away, but simply omitted due to space.

I will feedback to them to remove this chart and come up with something more accurate.
You are joking, right ? They did not publish an incomplete table due to lack of space ?
Next you will tell us they could not organise a piss up in a brewery.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:43 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fransknorge

You are joking, right ? They did not publish an incomplete table due to lack of space ?
Next you will tell us they could not organise a piss up in a brewery.
Any reason why you're having a go at me?
If you rather I keep mum and not feedback stuff to Accor management, and their response back to, I can do so too.
It's Accor we are talking about. If you want perfection you are with the wrong programme.

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:01 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Apologies first, I did not mean to offense you, this was not directed at you. I am grateful you take this up with Accor and publish their answer.
It is at Accor answer I direct my comment. While I do not expect perfection (I expect it of no hotel program), I would expect some professionalism. And publishing in a rush an incomplete table due to lack of space is really not professional.
gilbertaue and hotel_user like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:20 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Any reason why you're having a go at me?
If you rather I keep mum and not feedback stuff to Accor management, and their response back to, I can do so too.
It's Accor we are talking about. If you want perfection you are with the wrong programme.

I highly value when you report Accor management's responses here so please continue doing so. ^

I personally did not interpret @fransknorge 's response as a personal attack directed to you but more of a colorful comment expressing frustration at Accor.

Personal attacks seem to be fairly rare on the Accor forum unlike other parts of FT, so when I see it, it will raise my eyebrows.
sycokid and Todbringer like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Talking

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Put "budget" tag to every hotel that refuse to honor elite benefits

If a sofitel or fairmont refuse then they become sofitel/fairmont budget
this is an interesting one....
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by hotel_user
I have attached the chart for anyone who can not find it.

The one thing I note, it is now a defined 10% rate reduction for Classic and above, so two questions - How is Accor Plus rate reduction now shown ? and I have looked at a lot of hotels that do not either offer the rate reduction or just offer 5%. So is this changing ? or have I got this wrong ( as normal on a weekend ).
the Diamond benefit does not seem quiet appealing....
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:40 am
Suspended

Put "budget" tag to every hotel that refuse to honor elite benefits

If a sofitel or fairmont refuse then they become sofitel/fairmont budget
Great idea! I propose we start with NYC. Sofitel budget New York.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Looking at the chart, the way they wrote Personalised attention room upgrade (without comma) would make it 1 single word.
Furthermore, each sentence in 1 cell is mentioning single benefit so I believe it does means personalised attention room upgrades.

Would be interesting to hear the actual explanation about this benefit.
French version says " room upgrade with personalised attention"...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Personalised attention room upgrade
Originally Posted by nrouxel
French version says " room upgrade with personalised attention"...
I'm trying not to be too negative, but let's take a step back and spend a minute reflecting on this discussion:

1) It has taken Accor almost half a year to upload a chart listing the new benefits. And the published chart is missing various benefits "due to space constraints" / "limited space on the internet".

2) Accor apparently is incapable of ensuring that the content makes sense / is identical across different language versions. This isn't a technical translation from Swahili to Charapa, but a simple translation from French to English. Like seriously?!?

3) What is "room upgrade personalized attention" supposed to mean? That a person instead of an algorism will be assigning upgrades? That the member's preferences will be taken into account? That some elite members will be prioritized over others? Or maybe it's just some poorly worded marketing gibberish.

The funny thing, of course, is that whatever the answer is - the new benefits fail to address one of the biggest issues with Accor: The lack of consistent, meaningful and guaranteed benefits.

It really shouldn't be that hard to implement a "Diamond members are entitled to an upgrade to the standard suite (or the highest room category available if no suites are available) subject to availability at time of check-in" policy. (And if they actually care, implement a few enforcement/compliance mechanisms).
sycokid, jiunsoh and Dav77 like this.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Aug 21, 2019 at 2:17 pm
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Perhaps after ALL started, members could personalise their in room apple preference.
Number of apples and the type of apples.

Back to the topic, I find that "personalised" in hotel terms is more fluff than got actual meaning.

Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:10 pm

Perhaps after ALL started, members could personalise their in room apple preference.
Number of apples and the type of apples.

Apple - choose red or green
Linen - will be personalised to coordinate with your chosen apple
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:33 am
Suspended

delete
Dav77 likes this.

Last edited by speed.skater; Sep 6, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This is France. There is likely a stagiaire producing all the program documents while the boss of the program attends meetings and cocktail events.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: LeClubAccor
Originally Posted by speed.skater
For me, the welcome amenity is a minor part of recognition. Yes, a beautiful welcome amenity can be a nice gesture but yeah, it's a gesture. Often times in Asia, I receive a sizable welcome amenity and almost feel bad if I don't have a chance to use it. (Can be F&B I don't have the opportunity to consume or a present I cannot take with me due to space or baggage restrictions. Or simply, it's something I don't particularly enjoy.)

Stayed at two Pullman's in the last week and didn't receive a welcome amenity at either one. So what?

To me, there a much more relevant things that are broken. IT issues and customer service issues even for top-tier elites are huge problems for which Accor HQ is directly responsible. Then there are a few program-wide deficiencies with recognition (e.g., no free breakfast; no firm resolution mechanism/no defined penalty if an hotel fails to comply with program rules). Then there is the inconsistency of benefits provided across properties. Sometimes, it would be very helpful for planning purposes if you knew for sure you receive a certain benefit.

Another issue is that Platinum is somewhat hard to achieve especially if you have stays in countries with relatively cheap hotel prices (e.g., Poland, Malaysia).

With Marriott, Platinum takes just 40 nights and one 1h meeting which costs around 150 EUR. With Hilton, even many of those outside the US get access to their highly valuable Gold status. IHG has poor recognition. But top-tier status is super-easy to achieve. And, it has the goods when it comes to points promos. Their bonuses and promos today have the feel of the good stuff Accor was running a few years back.

Lastly, the slow integration of Accir acquisitions had been an issue for me at times.

In conclusion, I've had it with Accor. In the ALL announcements, there is nothing which makes me reconsider. Nothing!
The fact that they seem to be "hiding" promos and being unable to check all the promos for the entire world at once make it even less compelling. Even when I manage to switch regions to be able to see promos for other regions than Europe, i am still not sure if I even see all the promos or not.

I want to travel to Egypt, New York, Hong Kong and Australia, but I like travelling when there is some good promo going on, like extra points, discounts or free breakfast. So, in order to plan anything I'd have to constantly, several times daily or daily switch regions and check promos (and God help me I keep forgetting where in the damn app I do that - I'm starting to think I'm getting senile), and even then I wouldn't be sure I see them all.

But so far, luxury and 4 star Accor hotels are on average still cheaper than Marriot, Hilton, etc, and also Accor has much much more budget friendly hotels and much better coverage (especially for European travellers with Ibis hotels being perfect for short weekend trips that don't break bank to different cities in Europe).

As for amenities, i like getting them. not for the value of it, but for the fact that it shows that they do make that effort. just like getting room according to my preferences set in Accor App.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by stimpy
This is France. There is likely a stagiaire producing all the program documents while the boss of the program attends meetings and cocktail events.
French website : On reaching Platinum status, receive 1 Suite Night Upgrades. Booked in advance, guaranteed. Earn a second Suite Night Upgrade at 18,000 Status points

English website : On reaching Platinum status, receive 2 Suite Night Upgrades. Booked in advance, guaranteed. Earn a third Suite Night Upgrade at 18,000 Status points

Goldorak and Dav77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.