Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1k & MM, Accor/LeClub Platinum
Le Club - Diamond Status

Anyone have insights as to not fully released additional benefits of reaching 2020 Diamond status (26,000 2019 Status Points). The only items released so far are:
  • Being able to "Gift" Gold status to another member
  • Dining & Spa Certificates
  • Complimentary Weekend Breakfasts

The announcement included apparent Le Club name change to ALL (Accor Live Limitless) came out a few days ago but details scarce.

Any insiders able to add insight?

Thank you in advance!

Post script - I am clearly late to this topic and did not see this thread b4 posting - in my defense what is old news to most just came to me via email announcement from Accor in past few days

Last edited by babson1; Jul 9, 2019 at 3:06 pm Reason: missed earlier thread on topic
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:53 pm
MPC

Programs: CX DM, SPG PLT, Accor PLT, IHG PLT AMB, Hyatt DM, HH DM
After emails to members , no more official announcement?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Since the disappointing Diamond benefits announcement, I continue with some points redemptions but I have cancelled some Accor cash stays because I will not target to reach Diamond. A couple of examples regarding the results:

- Fairmont Dubai. I was booked in a suite including breakfast, but no Gold lounge access. It was a 3-night stay and for our first night we were scheduled to arrive very late so no chance to use the lounge. I asked ahead of time by e-mail if we could upgrade to Gold but only for the last 2 nights otherwise money is just wasted on the first night. Their answer was no. Also there is no room category higher than the suite so no expectation for a bigger room upgrade (besides Gold lounge access) and they refused to give one free night in a Gold room that we would not even use the lounge. It is their right to do so, but stingy nonetheless. I cancelled and booked at W The Palm instead. Got free breakfast as Marriott Ambassador benefit, no lounge but received upgrade to the Marvelous Suite which is not the entry level suite, but rather than 4th category of suites.... a jaw-dropping 184 square meters! That room sells for 6 times what I paid for, talk about generosity... compared to Fairmont who does not want to give lounge access for one night only when we won't even be there to use the lounge. Cannot regret our choice and W has found itself a new long-term client.

- Fairmont Barcelona. I had a 6-night stay booked flexible. Several weeks after I booked (and several weeks before the stay), out of nowhere they charged my credit card. I sent an e-mail and asked them to refund my card, e-mail went unanswered and I sent reminders several times until I finally changed my request and just told them that in light of the lack of reply I wanted to cancel my booking (part of the reason was the announcement of Diamond benefits too). Finally I got a response with apology, and lukewarm offer for another rate which was barely better than what was available online and I said no thank you. I booked at the nearby SOFIA Barcelona with a lower rate instead, used Hyatt Globalist suite upgrade award for upgrade into the hyper-exclusive Wish suites including Wish lounge access (Fairmont has no lounge). So I got lounge access, free Globalist breakfast, and a suite, all that for cheaper than the offer at Fairmont where I would possibly have had no suite (not sure), no breakfast (most likely), and no lounge (for sure).

Fairmont does have some great properties but in cities with competition, as much as I liked the Fairmonts for example Chengdu, Amman, and Istanbul, I will most likely reap better elite benefits by booking with competitors next time and would only come back to Fairmont in those cities if I am disappointed by what I sample elsewhere. Only the sentimental value of returning to where we had great stays in the past would make us re-book at these Fairmonts, more so than ice cold logic.

I am disapppointed that it turned out this way, but I genuinely gave a chance to Accor - it's been perhaps a couple of years since the Fairmont takeover and they were kind enough to extend Platinum status for a long time which I was thankful for. I was hopeful that the new Diamond tier would fix the weakness of the Accor program with better elite benefits but unfortunately that's not the case, and so far my recent stays confirm that leaving Accor (for the most part) was the right thing to do for my stay pattern, which I recognize different people are in different situation. I will continue to stay at some Fairmonts (or other Accor hotels) in some destinations where there is limited or no competition, but in my humble opinion Accor has put itself at a competitive disadvantage in cities with competition, for elite members that is. Someone without status anywhere can still book very nice Accor properties, the problem is when comparing with generous elite benefits elsewhere, the grass is indeed greener, no doubt about it, except in Asia where Accor benefits can compete.

Sometimes things go through cycles and it's entirely possible that in the future Accor will improve for the better and others will devalue for the worse, in such case it would be foolish to close the door forever!
jiunsoh and Dav77 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
"Fairmont does have some great properties but in cities with competition, as much as I liked the Fairmonts for example Chengdu, Amman, and Istanbul, I will most likely reap better elite benefits by booking with competitors next time and would only come back to Fairmont in those cities if I am disappointed by what I sample elsewhere. Only the sentimental value of returning to where we had great stays in the past would make us re-book at these Fairmonts, more so than ice cold logic."

I have mixed feelings about returning to Accorized Fairmonts that I loved in prior times--even the better stays in the last year have been for me bittersweet (and the bad ones dreadful), as it just isn't what it was. As for trying Accors that I haven't been to, there are other hotels that I prefer and that are more conveniently located for my purposes in the cities like Paris, Milan, Stuttgart, Moscow and St. Petersburg that I visit frequently, and for my bucket list travel, I usually want the best and/or most iconic in town, which is usually NOT an Accor. So in the months to come, I'm likely to try the Raffles Singapore, return occasionally to the Savoy and the LHR Sofitel for their convenience, and not much else. I certainly don't think, based on what's been disclosed to date, that Diamond is worth the money or effort.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Since the disappointing Diamond benefits announcement, I continue with some points redemptions but I have cancelled some Accor cash stays because I will not target to reach Diamond. A couple of examples regarding the results:

- Fairmont Dubai. I was booked in a suite including breakfast, but no Gold lounge access. It was a 3-night stay and for our first night we were scheduled to arrive very late so no chance to use the lounge. I asked ahead of time by e-mail if we could upgrade to Gold but only for the last 2 nights otherwise money is just wasted on the first night. Their answer was no. Also there is no room category higher than the suite so no expectation for a bigger room upgrade (besides Gold lounge access) and they refused to give one free night in a Gold room that we would not even use the lounge. It is their right to do so, but stingy nonetheless. I cancelled and booked at W The Palm instead. Got free breakfast as Marriott Ambassador benefit, no lounge but received upgrade to the Marvelous Suite which is not the entry level suite, but rather than 4th category of suites.... a jaw-dropping 184 square meters! That room sells for 6 times what I paid for, talk about generosity... compared to Fairmont who does not want to give lounge access for one night only when we won't even be there to use the lounge. Cannot regret our choice and W has found itself a new long-term client.

- Fairmont Barcelona. I had a 6-night stay booked flexible. Several weeks after I booked (and several weeks before the stay), out of nowhere they charged my credit card. I sent an e-mail and asked them to refund my card, e-mail went unanswered and I sent reminders several times until I finally changed my request and just told them that in light of the lack of reply I wanted to cancel my booking (part of the reason was the announcement of Diamond benefits too). Finally I got a response with apology, and lukewarm offer for another rate which was barely better than what was available online and I said no thank you. I booked at the nearby SOFIA Barcelona with a lower rate instead, used Hyatt Globalist suite upgrade award for upgrade into the hyper-exclusive Wish suites including Wish lounge access (Fairmont has no lounge). So I got lounge access, free Globalist breakfast, and a suite, all that for cheaper than the offer at Fairmont where I would possibly have had no suite (not sure), no breakfast (most likely), and no lounge (for sure).

Fairmont does have some great properties but in cities with competition, as much as I liked the Fairmonts for example Chengdu, Amman, and Istanbul, I will most likely reap better elite benefits by booking with competitors next time and would only come back to Fairmont in those cities if I am disappointed by what I sample elsewhere. Only the sentimental value of returning to where we had great stays in the past would make us re-book at these Fairmonts, more so than ice cold logic.

I am disapppointed that it turned out this way, but I genuinely gave a chance to Accor - it's been perhaps a couple of years since the Fairmont takeover and they were kind enough to extend Platinum status for a long time which I was thankful for. I was hopeful that the new Diamond tier would fix the weakness of the Accor program with better elite benefits but unfortunately that's not the case, and so far my recent stays confirm that leaving Accor (for the most part) was the right thing to do for my stay pattern, which I recognize different people are in different situation. I will continue to stay at some Fairmonts (or other Accor hotels) in some destinations where there is limited or no competition, but in my humble opinion Accor has put itself at a competitive disadvantage in cities with competition, for elite members that is. Someone without status anywhere can still book very nice Accor properties, the problem is when comparing with generous elite benefits elsewhere, the grass is indeed greener, no doubt about it, except in Asia where Accor benefits can compete.

Sometimes things go through cycles and it's entirely possible that in the future Accor will improve for the better and others will devalue for the worse, in such case it would be foolish to close the door forever!
i had 2 issues also with Fairmonts, before to stay, that made me changed my reservations to other properties/brands.

I know some people are fully in love with Fairmont, and I believe they had/have very good time at their properties.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Fairmont isn’t a brand for me, on my expectations, and now I simply don’t consider their properties at all.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:44 am

thinking about the suite upgrades
i book a basic room at a sofitel for 2 nights as a platinum member and i ask a upgrade to suite and they have to give it .
Am i correct ?
greetings
kees
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by nkob
thinking about the suite upgrades
i book a basic room at a sofitel for 2 nights as a platinum member and i ask a upgrade to suite and they have to give it .
Am i correct ?
greetings
kees
...unfortunately it doesn’t work like this ...

“they have to give it” is something doesn’t exist often on Accor world.

Even if you are Platinum Member, suite upgrade is “upon availability/volunty/lucky/desire/etc” ...

if i consider all my stats at Sofitels during the years of platinum membership, I could say I have received suite upgrade (95% prestige - 5% opera) +\- 50% of the times.

When i have not received suite upgrade, on 80% of the times I have however received something more (free mini bar / room at best position / Voucher for free buffet dinner / etc) of my standard room reservation

i have experienced also that, most of the times, nothing happens, if I try to ask for suite upgrade, forcing the employees at check in. I don’t make it anymore since a lot of time, I simply try enjoy what I received and what I have payed for.

Of course, suite upgrade is something can change my stay, especially on leisure trip with my wife (she normally goes to sleep 2-3 hours after me / I snoore a lot during my sleep / more space / more relaxing room) ...

but it’s not a mandatory benefit to respect from Accor Properties (to be honest, there is not any hotel chain who is obliged to give free suite upgrade to top tier members) ...
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Hi Dave . I think He might be referring to the complimentry suite night upgrades starting from 2020. The suite night upgrades are not given if available on day of check In. How it works is if You book a basic room 6 months before your check in you can use you suite night upgrades to secure the suite if it is still available when you make the request after a booking is made. In some cases I can see this As great value. For example booking the Cheapest room at the Sofitel Rome for 2 or 3 nights and securing that prestige suite which often sells out Well before check In time. That would be up to 400-700 USD per night price difference.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:46 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
We do not know, really. The Terms and Conditions have not been posted by Accor so for the moment, this is all just guessing.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by tris06
Hi Dave . I think He might be referring to the complimentry suite night upgrades starting from 2020. The suite night upgrades are not given if available on day of check In. How it works is if You book a basic room 6 months before your check in you can use you suite night upgrades to secure the suite if it is still available when you make the request after a booking is made. In some cases I can see this As great value. For example booking the Cheapest room at the Sofitel Rome for 2 or 3 nights and securing that prestige suite which often sells out Well before check In time. That would be up to 400-700 USD per night price difference.
ops, sorry, I think you are right ...
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:31 am

thats correct
its sounds perfect
6 months is example ?
greetings and thanks
kees
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:10 am

thats correct
its sounds perfect
6 months is example ?
greetings and thanks
kees
if it works like at Marriott, yes

you make a reservation at lower category room (paying or by points) then, if there is suite availability, you can apply your suite upgrade certificate (5 nights suite upgrade certificate, at Marriott).
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:17 am

thanks dav 77
i am looking forward
greetings
kees
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
thanks dav 77
i am looking forward
greetings
kees
Don't get too excited. The former FPC confirmed upgrades, and it was a great benefit, upgrading a stay of up to 5 nights (or use 2 certs for 10 nights, etc). But Accor, in their typically clueless fashion, thought that offering an upgrade to a suite for a *single night* would be viewed positively. I rarely have a stay for less than 7 nights, which makes these completely useless to me.
wkndtraveler and Dav77 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Dav77
if i consider all my stats at Sofitels during the years of platinum membership, I could say I have received suite upgrade (95% prestige - 5% opera) +\- 50% of the times.

When you do not receive a suite upgrade in Sofitels, what is your estimate of how often it's because suites are not available versus how often it's because the hotel does not have a policy of upgrading Plats to suites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.