Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review Pullman Marseille Provence aéroport [left Accor]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Pullman Marseille Provence Aeroport

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Bp 50 Aeroport Vitrolles, FR 13728

Review Pullman Marseille Provence aéroport (18 Photos)

I have no time to write a full review so Imjust used the template for short reviews to which Inadd some pictures. Apologies for this. 

-Name of the hotel : Pullman Marseille Provence aéropor

-What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? 

Yes. This was a one-night stay. This is an ex-Sofitel which was downgraded to Pullman some years ago. 

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?

Booked Classic room/queen size bed and was upgraded to Superior/King (I precise that, as too often, nothing was said at check-in about the upgrade and that I guessed it as per the room description and pictures on the website)

- How are the rooms?

The room was quite dated in style, but in good conditions. There is quite a contrast between the modern decoration of the lobby, corridors, restaurants and the "old style" of the rooms. Apparently (from the website), the higher room categories are more modern in style. So maybe some renovations on-going or coming. But, again, the condition of the room was OK. This room style reminded me the one you had at the ex-Sofitel CDG which was downgraded to Pullman and then further downgraded to a Mercure.

Only a kettle with instant coffee were provided and one glass (not 2) ! I expect an espresso machine at a Pullman and for all room categories. 

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

- free shuttle to/from the terminals. It runs every 15 min in the morning until 9:30 am, then it's on-demand. Travel time = 5 min. 

-nice staff globally

-large room

-outside terraces for the bar and the restaurant. Well, this is south of France, so we need to enjoy the almost constant good weather there :-)

-good breakfast buffet

-there is a pool of a good size, but had no time to enjoy it. 

Bad:

-nothing really bad comes to my mind, but I will mention waiter who was very long to come to take my order at the bar, feeling like I was invisible. But they were forgiven when they accepted to give me champagne with the drink voucher ;-)

-Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks ?

-welcome drink was valid for the classical things (soft drinks, beer, wine). I asked for some champagne and got it :-)

-VIP treatment was 2 soap bars (Bigelow). I laughed seeing them thinking about Starflyergold's review of Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall ;-)

- Value for $ or points? Would you return?

Yes, if you need an hotel close to the airport on arrival or before a flight. I paid approx €100 so that was a good deal, fitting perfectly my needs. 

Check In

Lobby pictures

IMG_4995.JPGIMG_5006.JPG

Room

Pictures of the room

IMG_4990.JPGIMG_4993.JPGIMG_4997.JPGIMG_5003.JPGIMG_4992.JPGIMG_4987.JPGIMG_4985.JPGIMG_4986.JPGIMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4999.JPG

1_IMG_5004.JPG

Dining

Pictures of bar, restaurant, outside terraces

IMG_4994.JPGIMG_4991.JPGIMG_5001.JPGIMG_4998.JPGIMG_5005.JPG

Review Pullman Marseille Provence aéroport

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Marseille Provence Aeroport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks Goldorak!

Those pieces of soap? What? I get those replenished every day in the Asian Pullmans!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:24 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Good grief, again with the soap? What on earth are they thinking?

Kind of you Goldorak to remember my Hamburg episode (which I know some here thought was some sort of comedy review).
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Soap as welcome amenities... Is that a joke?
The difference between the style of the common area and the room is quite big. I hope a renovation is on the way.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I wouldn't mind if it's a full sized Hermes or L'occitane
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Those pieces of soap? What? I get those replenished every day in the Asian Pullmans!
Those given in MRS were the big ones
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:25 am

"Savon de Marseille" 😀
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
You're stocked on soap for a while now, great!

Seriously though, this all screams of "we don't care". Sb from marketing thought that putting a horse statue in the lobby somehow makes it a good guest experience...

You are very generous in your review, I'd be disappointed paying for a Pullman and getting this, seriously my stay at the Ibis Styles at Heathrow was more of an experience than what I imagine this was.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Agree about the soaps. If it was 2 large Hermes soaps I would be satisfied. Sadly as far as I know all Sofitel's in China now have stopped using Hermes products and use Lanvin which is okay even for their prestige suites and higher.

The rooms do need a make over. But then 100 euro's is not expensive so it was a cheap Pullman and with breakfast included too.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Only a kettle with instant coffee were provided and one glass (not 2) !
Last time I was there, the electric wire of the kettle was too short to reach the electrical outlet (unless you put the kettle on the ground) !
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems this property left the happy All family and is now a 'MIA' while its undergoing renovations to become an HGI in March 2023. https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/mrs...vence-airport/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.