Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help, accor plus status problem

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:58 pm

Well they clearly have done nothing to correct whatever is going wrong between AccorPlus and Le Club Accor.

I was Platinum last year on points. I requalified for Platinum for this year on points

I joined AccorPlus in Aug 2016 and had a Platinum Card with expiry 8/2017.

Sept 1st 2016 - Dec 31st 2016 I had 42 nights. Jan 1st 2017 till today I have had 48 nights - so 90 nights in the 12 months since joining AccorPlus

I renewed my AccorPlus membership this week and my status dropped from Platinum to Gold.

It seems they resolve individual problems but do nothing to fix the systemic error.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Well they clearly have done nothing to correct whatever is going wrong between AccorPlus and Le Club Accor.

I was Platinum last year on points. I requalified for Platinum for this year on points

I joined AccorPlus in Aug 2016 and had a Platinum Card with expiry 8/2017.

Sept 1st 2016 - Dec 31st 2016 I had 42 nights. Jan 1st 2017 till today I have had 48 nights - so 90 nights in the 12 months since joining AccorPlus

I renewed my AccorPlus membership this week and my status dropped from Platinum to Gold.

It seems they resolve individual problems but do nothing to fix the systemic error.
What counts is what you had till 31/12 last year = gold.
Then they went for a calendar year system (not rolling 12months).
With your 48nights to date, you qualify for gold again next year.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT

Did you contact Accor Plus CS? What did they say for your case?

It seems that these days all the feedback or questions/problems we have as Accor Plus members are routed to Accor Plus CS. I submitted my Missing Bonus Points claim 2 weeks ago via the Accor web form and Accor Plus CS replied me 1 week later saying that they are waiting for update from their regional office. But no feedback from them till date.

Even a recent ''Compliment after a Stay'' feedback via Accor web form was routed to Accorplus Singapore.

Good Day from Accorplus Singapore.

We noted your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We would share it with the hotel.

Regards,

Andrew

Member Services (Singapore) Accor Plus

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
What counts is what you had till 31/12 last year = gold.
Then they went for a calendar year system (not rolling 12months).
With your 48nights to date, you qualify for gold again next year.
Does it mean that 3544quebec will only be upgraded to Platinum when he hit another 12 nights from now till End December 2017 (60 nights to qualify as Platinum).
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:57 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad

Does it mean that 3544quebec will only be upgraded to Platinum when he hit another 12 nights from now till End December 2017 (60 nights to qualify as Platinum).
Correct.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I've had a similar problem due to a technical issue. Before I renewed I asked if I'd still be Platinum. After I renewed I suddenly dropped to Gold. But this was upgraded several days later and I'm Platinum again. The virtual card says until 31 Aug 18 but the account on the app says 31 Dec 17. Accor Plus said don't worry as this is due to the Accor cycle and will be updated after this cycle. So your issue may be technical. Have your free nights been credited yet?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Did you contact Accor Plus CS? What did they say for your case?
Yes I did and they have told me that I should be Platinum so I don't know on what basis anyone here is saying I should be Gold, especially since I clearly stated that I requalified for Platinum for this year on points
The CS agent said he would pass it on to his supervisor

Last edited by 3544quebec; Aug 20, 2017 at 1:14 am
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I've had a similar problem due to a technical issue. Before I renewed I asked if I'd still be Platinum. After I renewed I suddenly dropped to Gold. But this was upgraded several days later and I'm Platinum again. The virtual card says until 31 Aug 18 but the account on the app says 31 Dec 17. Accor Plus said don't worry as this is due to the Accor cycle and will be updated after this cycle. So your issue may be technical. Have your free nights been credited yet?
Thanks for the info - no my free night has not credited to my account yet.

The main issue for me is that with the downgrade to Gold they have of course changed my LCA membership number which is going to stuff up my points crediting from Europcar as it did when they changed my number when I joined AccorPlus last year
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:13 am

If they said you should be Platinum then with 2 or 3 days, once your nights are credited, it should revert back to the right level. I'm sure it is a system issue.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:04 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Yes I did and they have told me that I should be Platinum so I don't know on what basis anyone here is saying I should be Gold, especially since I clearly stated that I requalified for Platinum for this year on points
The CS agent said he would pass it on to his supervisor
Sorry, as that was in a different paragraph to the nights paragraph, I must have skipped over that.
Yes in that case you should be Plat.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
If they said you should be Platinum then with 2 or 3 days, once your nights are credited, it should revert back to the right level. I'm sure it is a system issue.
What a font of wisdom you are - happened exactly as you predicted!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Actually I have given up on Accor. Let's see what status they will give me upon renewal next month. As the website says that I am re-qualified as Platinum (no one can tell if this is a bugs or feature).

Perhaps this will be my last Accor Plus renewal after 13-14 years
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:17 am

I'm in the same boat but I did requalify as Platinum while also having SPG / Marriott Gold. I will be deciding which way to go this year.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:13 am

I have to say that with all their poor customer service responsiveness, IT backwardness and problem solving faults (and Europcar bonus points offers hardly ever posting) if I compare apples with apples ie AccorPlus with Star Privilege Pacific and Intercontinental Dining Rewards and its previous iteration Priority Privilege, AccorPlus wins hands down.

With the other two programs you hardly ever were able to get discounts off the lowest publically available rates whereas with AccorPlus the discounts appear automatically when you search the website even off the lowest of low Private Sales rates.

There is certainly good reason why I have done 90 nights in my last AccorPlus Membership year - I can't complain about the actual benefits even if I complain about everything else!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I earned Silver in 2016 for 2017 based on points. I've earned enough points in 2017 for Silver in 2018, so my status should be Silver through Dec 2018, correct? My account says Silver only through Dec 2017.

Confusing things further, I received a physical "Classic" card in the mail after reaching sufficient points for Silver last month.

Thankfully Accor is in no danger of becoming my primary program, but I do find them useful for certain destinations where my primaries have no coverage.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:28 pm

Your account has an expiry of Dec 2017 but your virtual card should have your membership expiry date. According to Accor Plus, ignore the December expiry date on your account as it's the normal Accor earning period that will update in January. So what is your virtual card expiry date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.