Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help, accor plus status problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
I have almost same problem with OP
My Accor+ expired on 12/2016 (Join in 11/2015 as platinum).
This year i didn't renew Accor+
Base on my point activity with old rule (11/2015-11/2016).
My account would be Platinum.
When i try to book a room i can't book and after contact Accor+ thailand to unlock my account my account was drop to Classic.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:24 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nongsom
I have almost same problem with OP
My Accor+ expired on 12/2016 (Join in 11/2015 as platinum).
This year i didn't renew Accor+
Base on my point activity with old rule (11/2015-11/2016).
My account would be Platinum.
When i try to book a room i can't book and after contact Accor+ thailand to unlock my account my account was drop to Classic.
Hi nongsom - I have replied to your PM..
If you are no longer a A+ member, you will need to email Le Club Accor.

Bottom line is, that the status issue is a problem associated with LCAH - even for the A+ members. The systems are not well linked. So even A+ needs to flag the issues for renewing A+ members with LCAH.
But if you are not renewing with A+, you need to follow up directly with LCAH.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:20 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hi nongsom - I have replied to your PM..
If you are no longer a A+ member, you will need to email Le Club Accor.

Bottom line is, that the status issue is a problem associated with LCAH
Nope, based on my experience last year the OP will have to work with A+ to get it fixed. I tried a number of times to get LCAH to fix and each time was referred back to A+, and it was A+ who restored my Platinum status despite me not renewing four weeks previously and dropping to nobody status once I found someone who was not motivated by sales.

Cest la vie, logic is not a feature of either program.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:27 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by markis10
Nope, based on my experience last year the OP will have to work with A+ to get it fixed. I tried a number of times to get LCAH to fix and each time was referred back to A+, and it was A+ who restored my Platinum status despite me not renewing four weeks previously and dropping to nobody status once I found someone who was not motivated by sales.

Cest la vie, logic is not a feature of either program.
The info I got yday from A+ is that the issue stems from the LCAH side and they are flagging it to LCAH to fix (hence the delay).
So in this case, assuming the LCAH CS agents know what they are doing (haha), it should be addressed there.

But I agree. You never know.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: accor
just got a call from accorplus Indonesia, This time, the caller is Novi, and after talked to her, she clearly understand the new rules. finally reckoning that I should still have my platinum status and my status will be reinstated hopefully today, and she will call me back to confirm once they update the IT system.

I also ask her about how to requalify for my status in 2018, she said since my member expired in Jan 2018, my re-qualification will be count from 1/1/2017 - 31/12/2017.

many thanks to all that help in this forum, especially Gilbertaue that help through Singapore office. will update here again once they update my profile.

update: less than 30 minutes after the call, I got my status back, its showing platinum in my account dashboard. thanks all. I hope this thread can help help others that have the same issue with me, we need to know our rights and dont just accept it when your right has been violated.

Cheers!

second update: typo in year 2018 qualification. Thanks for pointing out.

Last edited by ququin; Jan 13, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:36 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ququin
just got a call from accorplus Indonesia, This time, the caller is Novi, and after talked to her, she clearly understand the new rules. finally reckoning that I should still have my platinum status and my status will be reinstated hopefully today, and she will call me back to confirm once they update the IT system.

I also ask her about how to requalify for my status in 2018, she said since my member expired in Jan 2018, my re-qualification will be count from 1/1/2017 - 31/12/2018.

many thanks to all that help in this forum, especially Gilbertaue that help through Singapore office. will update here again once they update my profile.

update: less than 30 minutes after the call, I got my status back, its showing platinum in my account dashboard. thanks all. I hope this thread can help help others that have the same issue with me, we need to know our rights and dont just accept it when your right has been violated.

Cheers!
No problems ququin. Good to see it worked out!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

I also ask her about how to requalify for my status in 2018, she said since my member expired in Jan 2018, my re-qualification will be count from 1/1/2017 - 31/12/2018.

Cheers!
so quinquin does this mean whatever status we have upon renewal in 2016 will be carried when we renew the membership in 2017?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:36 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond

Cheers!
Suspect that is BS, and won't happen.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Shouldn't that be 31/12/2017? AccorPlus status will be based on the previous calendar year.

(Or what has happened in the current calendar year - but in January that won't be much!)
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
I come for update my situation with Accor+ and Le club accorhotel

After my 1st post in this thread i contact

1.AccorHotels Concierge in flyertalk(Amy,PM) and this is her recommend
"Hi Nxxx,

Many thanks for your email. In this case it is best to contact Accor Plus customer services as they will have all the information necessary to correct the status. I am unfortunately unable to do this directly for you

Kind regards,
Amy"

2.gilbertaue as same as OP.
I really appreciate his help and he still help me until now.
He contact with singapore Accor+.

3.After i received Amy recommendation i contact Thailand Accor+ by phone and they want me to send email with Amy response.I send email to them([email protected]) and This is they response
"Dear Khun Napin,

Greeting from AccorPlus

According to your below email, I have raised the case to the right person at Le club to investigate refer to you are now member with Le club. I will inform you when I get further information from them.

Should you have any quires, please contact us.

With kind regards,

Wacharee Tantisook

Member Services
Tel: +66 (0) 2352 4400"

4.AccorHotels Facebook
I send PM to them and this is they response

"I will contact technical support, and let you know soon. sorry for late reply."

5.Le Club AccorHotels Facebook
I send PM to them and this is they response

"Hello Nxxxx, we kindly invite you to contact our Accor Plus team directly: [email protected] they will be happy to assist you with your request. Thank you."

So this is ping-pong situation from Accor+ and Le Club AccorHotels.
My problem still unresolved.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
so quinquin does this mean whatever status we have upon renewal in 2016 will be carried when we renew the membership in 2017?
well the CS said that because from 1 feb 2016-7 jan 2017 (day i renew) i have 64 nights (nights on 9-11th jan did not count because she said it is after renewal period) thats why i will get my platinum status back. I did not ask about my july 2016 status upgrade since what i want have been met.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by perthite
Shouldn't that be 31/12/2017? AccorPlus status will be based on the previous calendar year.

(Or what has happened in the current calendar year - but in January that won't be much!)
sorry it is my bad, typo. Should be 1/1/2017- 31/12/2017. Thanks for pointing out.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
well the CS said that because from 1 feb 2016-7 jan 2017 (day i renew) i have 64 nights (nights on 9-11th jan did not count because she said it is after renewal period) thats why i will get my platinum status back. I did not ask about my july 2016 status upgrade since what i want have been met.
so they are using 365 days upon renewal. so you do not know if using points will the new or old system applied, do you?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I'm not Accor Plus, but I also lost platinum status despite having earned over 25k points. I can't even get Accor to reply to me.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
so they are using 365 days upon renewal. so you do not know if using points will the new or old system applied, do you?
Hi Lingua, sorry but i do not know. Since I am qualified both on nights and old system points, she only bring up the nights total and said I am qualified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.