Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Gold Experiences???

I’m currently debating booking here for a birthday treat in late Jan. What are Gold members upgrade experiences here?? If I book the entry level room have I any chance of getting a suite “if available” or do they just give you entry room with lounge access etc?? The entry level room is a lot bigger than So Sofitel and better value in the current sale!!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:29 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The hotel is a better property.
Don't expect much in terms of upgrade as all levels are the same room types. But they are nice.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
I’m currently debating booking here for a birthday treat in late Jan. What are Gold members upgrade experiences here?? If I book the entry level room have I any chance of getting a suite “if available” or do they just give you entry room with lounge access etc?? The entry level room is a lot bigger than So Sofitel and better value in the current sale!!
I second gilbertaue.

thry will probably give you the next category room, I think it calls prestige deluxe or something. But it is the same size with the lower category room, but I think higher floor and with better amenities and free mini bar and free Ezlink card.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Has anyone stayed here with kids? I’ve got a 7 and 9 year old and trying to decide if I stay here in Jan or not. Loved our stay last time but it was without kids. Keen for any experiences and if kids were welcome in the lounge.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:20 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PabloM
Has anyone stayed here with kids? I’ve got a 7 and 9 year old and trying to decide if I stay here in Jan or not. Loved our stay last time but it was without kids. Keen for any experiences and if kids were welcome in the lounge.
I do. Mine's a 10 year old and well known in the hotel (and very well behaved). So I can't comment on the lounge policy. She is allowed in and I don't recall anything on the welcome letter. Though they have also the outdoors sitting area at the lounge and have seen families with kids using that area.

In the room, there's space for one extra bed. But not more.
If you want the space for two extra beds, you'll need to go for the Prestige Suite.
PabloM likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:21 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
I have to say though, the service at this property is pretty good. I still like the people there at Racines and from when I last checked, they are ranked 4th on TripAdvsior among all hotels in Singapore. So I would like to stay here again soon
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Waiting to go there for Christmas

just re-booked some days ago with points at special -40% price promo offer.

700 euro x 4 night 👍

Have some of you really found Champagne at Club Millesime ?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dav77
Have some of you really found Champagne at Club Millesime ?
Yes, they have Champagne at the Club.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:23 pm

Hotel is completely smoking free...also at the terraces 😂...

ok, I suppose it’s a Christmas joke and tomorrow I can have a cigar at main lobby ...
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dav77
Hotel is completely smoking free...also at the terraces 😂...

ok, I suppose it’s a Christmas joke and tomorrow I can have a cigar at main lobby ...
It's a singapore law so not much to be done about it.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
It's a singapore law so not much to be done about it.
i know, even if I think should be permitted a small smoking area on external terrace ... but ok
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:41 am

It isn’t nice Christmas if not at any Club Millesime’ with my favorite Accor Apple 🍏

gilbertaue and Goldorak like this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Say HI to Fiza (the lounge manager) for me.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Say HI to Fiza (the lounge manager) for me.
i’ll do 👍
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:04 am

Just a small review at my last (of four) night at this hotel.

a lot of things have been told and pictures posted also, so I would only to confirm my really positive impression for this beautiful hotel and recommend it

Hotel is located on a very nice and quiet area, just over MRT station.

There is a very nice street 50 mt in front of the hotel (direction to Chinatown) full of small and beautiful sushi and sake bar.

Hotel is new and elegant. At this time not so many guests so really peaceful. Lobby lounge is not big but very nice.

Luxury room is tipycal super comfortable Sofitel room, spacious and very well isolated

club millesime is one of the best ever tried at a Sofitel. Very good selection of wines and champagne, several cocktails, enaught food to have a meal.

I have found nice and gentle staff. Very professional always.

At main lobby there is a couple of ... droid butlers 😃 Xavier and Sophie ... dispensing charms and chocolates...

At the end, nothing so important to complain, except 2 things:

-air conditioned on common areas is really too low for me. Especially at Club Millesime (there are also table outside at the terrace, so it can be easily managed)

-smoking guests are not welcome ... 😀

i know about special rules in Singapore and I don’t want also to disturb anyone in his freedom without any kind of passive smoke ... but I think at 2019 they could easily find a solution for smokers guests (if they want ...)

the main terrace where the pool is located is big. There are some unused areas. To do a small smoking area in a corner don’t disturb anyone

unfortunately there are no rooms with private terrace and the only option is to go down and cross the street (no smoking area also outside the entrance...)

i perfectly know smoking is dangerous and is better to don’t do it ...but to exclude at all any smoking area in a Hotel for me it means to don’t care about some guests.

I know is a “stupid” reason, but i’ll never come back again at this hotel.

Both Swissotel’s have smoking area inside, the Stamford one has one also at 69th floor. Merchant court one has also all the rooms with private balcony.

Fairmont i don’t know.

But from my side is difficult to accept it at a luxury hotel.

Except that ...really good hotel and really nice stay 👍
gilbertaue and starflyergold like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.