Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Are the mosquitoes still bad in the lobby?
didn't see any but, TBH, didn't really pay attention and I spent minimal time in the lobby.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Spent last night there between flights. I have no Accor status. Got a good rate during the 40% off sale on a Premium/ Club room. Rate was probably 150usd. Walked from the airport with wife and one case each. Just a little too long for the humidity. Bags taken upon entry and brought to room later. We were taken to the lounge for check in. Room had 'view' of terminal. Room was large and nice. Bathroom was very big with odd huge window into bedroom. Lounge was very good. Evening food was good and wait staff brought refills of drinks whenever one was empty. Went to the lobby bar for more drinks and different food. Food was very good and well priced. Morning lounge breakfast was good and nobody else was there. Breakfast in lounge starts at 3am. We took shuttle to terminal after breakfast and this was easy, cool, and pleasant. We stayed here as we only had 14 hours. Next time we will head into town
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Wanted to add that there were no misquitoes in the lobby. The lobby is huge and largely glass. It is warm and humid due to inadequate aircon. These conditions continue into the hallways as they are all open to the lobby. So, it is cool in the rooms but warm in the halls and lobby.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Unlucky me, booked a standard room 48h before 40% promotion, would have chosen executive floor.
Lost my plat status, mailed to ask for minibus, go to door 4, minibus every 15 minutes. OK fair enough, see if I will get any special treatment this Wednesday.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Spent one night last week, walked to their desk gate 4, minibus was called in, took 5 minutes to arrive, was walked to business check in.
Room OK, no complaints, furniture has suffered but otherwise perfect room/bed/bathroom. Don't know if I got a room upgrade or not.
As gold got drink voucher, did not find fruit basket as announced in welcome letter, had my free beer at the swimming pool bar (very nice staff at that bar) and an excellent buffet dinner at 1050THB net + drinks.

Good breakfast and minibus to the airport, my room had view on the terminal.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:54 am

Which night to book for late night arrival?

I'm arriving in BKK late night on Feb 12. The flight is scheduled to land at 11:30pm. By the time I make it to the hotel, it will surely be very early AM on Feb 13. Should I book the Novotel Bangkok airport hotel for the night of the 12th or the 13th?

In most normal hotels it would be clear -- book the night of the 12th. But with the Novotel Bangkok Airport's 24hr check-in policy I'm not so sure. I emailed the hotel and got back a list of rates instead of an answer to my question.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by 49er
I'm arriving in BKK late night on Feb 12. The flight is scheduled to land at 11:30pm. By the time I make it to the hotel, it will surely be very early AM on Feb 13. Should I book the Novotel Bangkok airport hotel for the night of the 12th or the 13th?

In most normal hotels it would be clear -- book the night of the 12th. But with the Novotel Bangkok Airport's 24hr check-in policy I'm not so sure. I emailed the hotel and got back a list of rates instead of an answer to my question.
You have to book check-in on 12/02, check-out 13/02
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
This is a reasonable 4* hotel that is very convenient for the airport. Consequently, it is not that cheap.

I have enjoyed the large suites although the living rooms are dark with no natural light.

The pool is really nice and spa treatments are great. There is a 25% discount for Club guests I think.

I will be returning for a two night stay in April and will report back

Might try the train and go into Bangkok as I have a longer stay.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Novotel Bangkok Airport - Poor Value, Tired Facilities

Novotel Bangkok Airport

Map| 3 Reviews | 67% Recommended

Novotel Bangkok Airport

999 Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel,Moo 1 Nongprue Bang Phli, Tambon Nong Prue, Amphoe Bang Phli, Chang Wat Samut Prakan  Bangkok, TH

BKK Novotel Poor Value, Tired Facilities (0 Photo)

Novotel Bangkok Airport

I have been a guest at this hotel ever since it opened and use it 2-4 times in any given year. Over the past two years, after each stay, I ask myself  why do I bother with this hotel which is characterized by a deteriorating condition, mediocre service and and a poor value proposition. The quality of the food in the restaurant has nose dived in the past 18 months and the hotel rooms are showing their age and a need for a deep cleaning.

Check In

The Accor club line is not respected and if there are more than 5 guests  checking in at the same time, it can take 10-15 minutes until the checkin is processed. Inefficient and not pleasant.

Room

Not particularly clean. Showing its age. Dark.

Service

Perfunctory and not pleasant. Staff are not shy to ask for a tip.

Dining

Bland, and poor quality by Thai big hotel  standards. There are issues with hygiene when it gets busy at breakfast.

The only reason why I use this hotel is its close proximity to the terminal.

Overall

I dislike the hotel and  now try to use other hotels whenever possible. Very poor value for a big airport hotel.

BKK Novotel Poor Value, Tired Facilities

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Bangkok Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I can't agree more on that review.
For those who read French, here is mine: http://travelguys.fr/2015/05/20/novo...st-une-blague/
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:22 am

Does anyone know if the walkway/tunnel is still closed from midnight til 0600 each night?

I am staying here at the end of the month and am not scheduled to land till 0100. I was hoping to use the walkway to expidite my getting to the hotel?

Thanks,
MW
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Layover at Novotel Bangkok Airport

Novotel Bangkok Airport

Map| 3 Reviews | 67% Recommended

Novotel Bangkok Airport

999 Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel,Moo 1 Nongprue Bang Phli, Tambon Nong Prue, Amphoe Bang Phli, Chang Wat Samut Prakan  Bangkok, TH

Layover at Novotel Bangkok Airport (2 Photos)

Novotel Bangkok Airport

I stayed at Hotel Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport last year in August after I missed a connecting flight due to a delay at Koh Samui. I was meant to be put up by Bangkok Air but they instead paid for my connection to Sydney with Emirates which left them $600 out of pocket so they weren't up for paying for the room too, which was fair enough.

I believe late checkout is an option there which is really handy if you have a PM flight so I stayed until 5PM then made my way to checkout. I was going to walk with my suitcases to the airport but they arranged for a free shuttle for me which was a nice touch.

14053916_10154070279194143_8039794057558

Check In

I arrived at 8pm utterly exhausted with no idea if there was even any rooms available. The check in desk were super friendly and English was fairly good but not spectacular. The room ended up being around $400 AUD a night which I wasn't expecting but was prepared to pay just so I didn't have to try and find anywhere else. The porters were friendly and helped me take my bags up to my room and were jovial and happy to chat.

Room

When I arrived at the room I was impressed at how modern it was but was a bit dissapointed by the size and lack of balcony. It being in a city hotel though I kind of understood that, I was just used to being in resorts by that point.

I relaxed and had my first bath in weeks, which was great, then sat and watched some news on the TV. There weren't many channels, mostly news ones but that's what I usually watch anyway. TV was a bit on the small side at 40 inches but reception and placement were good.

I had a well deserved rest and woke up feeling refreshed. The bed was fairly firm but it was a King and was pretty comfortable.IMG_1193.jpg

Dining

I went down to have some food at the cocktail lounge (and a cocktail or two). I ordered a Margherita pizza and a Margarita cocktail (I call it the double Margie). The margarita arrived in 5 mins and the pizza in 15 or so. Service was excellent and pretty much had my own waiter waiting on me the whole time as there wasn't many other people around.

The next morning I ordered room service for breakfast and it was really good. All the food was hot and I got through everything. After brekky I had another bath (I was enjoying the luxury of a decent size bathtub) then went for a walk around the hotel.

The hotel is built on top of the train station and next to the airport so you can basically get down there without even crossing a road. It is in a great location. There are a lot of food shops down there and it is all super clean. I wandered around down there for a while then bought a few beers and returned to my room.

Layover at Novotel Bangkok Airport

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Bangkok Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:14 am

In case anyone was interested I did the tunnel walk a couple of nights ago and it was definitely open 24 hours with the train station entry roped off with security. It was quicker than waiting for the courtesy bus. I estimate the walk was about 4-5 minutes.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
There is no such thing as late check out at this hotel. If you check in at 8 pm you can check out 24 hours later at 8 pm.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
There is no such thing as late check out at this hotel. If you check in at 8 pm you can check out 24 hours later at 8 pm.
Thanks, I did check in late so that would explain it. The english of the staff wasn't great so maybe I misunderstood them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.