Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, Montreal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:27 am

Chop nice report, great job getting the 2 bedroom suite, you must have reserved that one early! I stayed for two weeks on the gold floor but that was in 2001 and recall I had a fantastic time... staff were very professional.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:49 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Parking - Le Reine Elizabeth (Montreal)

Any other option, besides the C$ 26 a night valet ?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
From the QEH transportation information...

Overnight: $26.00 + Tax (includes in and out privileges)
20 minutes: $3.25 + Tax
One hour: $9.75 + Tax
Up to 12 hours: $20.00 + Tax

Outdoor Self Parking is located behind the hotel on Belmont Street and is operated by a private company. DAY Rates are $13.00 per day (arriving at 6:00 a.m. and departing at 6:00 p.m.). Overnight rates are negotiated with Parking attendant. The hotel does not recommend this parking to guests that are staying overnight, as the lot is located offsite and outdoors.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 1:47 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edmonton2001
... The hotel does not recommend this parking to guests that are staying overnight, as the lot is located offsite and outdoors.
Thanks for the info, but does it mean the hotel is in a bad neighbourhood ?!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by thesaints
Thanks for the info, but does it mean the hotel is in a bad neighbourhood ?!
The hotel is a fine neighbourhood, right downtown in the business district.
I guess the precaution, though, it's a large city, and an unguarded outdoor parking lot, that sort of thing.

I have always used their valet service. For a large city, C$26 is not that bad a deal, I think. And they are pretty good service, too. When you get your car, it's right underneath the hotel, so you don't need to get out....
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: AC Elite
What is a proper amount to tip the valet each time? Do people tip on the way and on the way out? Sorry, don't often use valet parking, and therefore I am not up on how this is done... Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 1:35 pm

I have no clue what the rules are. I usually tip the person a couple dollars when I leave the car -- this is usually a Fairmont doorman, who often helps with luggage. If the person is particularly welcoming and stuff, maybe a bit more. And similar when I leave. But it all depends on the service and service attitude, at least for me. The valet parking folks at QEH are very nice (actually, come to think of it, at every Fairmont I've been), so I generally feel good about tipping them a bit more. As for "rules," I really don't know... I figure, it's my money, so I'll use my own rules
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Travelzoo: Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Montreal $109 through April

http://ca.deals.travelzoo.com/canada...um=email_top20

Feast your eyes on this offer from the CAA/AAA 4-Diamond Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. From now until April 5, you can stay at this historic hotel for just $109 per night. Save as much as $70 OFF the cost of regular rates this winter.

This offer is valid Fridays and Saturdays through April 5 and seven days a week from Dec. 19 to Jan. 3 and from Feb. 19 to March 7. It's even valid over New Year's Eve!

For $50 more per night the Junior Suite is a great option for families, outfitted with a separate living area and sofa bed.

Blackout Dates: Jan. 15-16, 29-30; Feb. 5-6
Book by Dec. 2: Click here to book with Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. By phone, dial 1-888-450-4141 and quote Promotional Code PRTVZ1.

About the hotel: Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth has played host to countless dignitaries. In 1969, John Lennon and Yoko Ono staged their "bed-in" from Suite 1742, where "Give Peace A Chance" was recorded. Some famous political guests include the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles, General Charles de Gaulle, former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi of India, Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama and Mikhail Gorbachev.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 25, 2009 at 10:41 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Fairmont Queen Elizabeth

I'm staying at the Queen Elizabeth for 4 nights in a few weeks. I'm thinking about using a suite u/g...what's the best I can hope for? What have others been able to get using a suite u/g cert?

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, FPC Premier, HHonors Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by epost77
I'm staying at the Queen Elizabeth for 4 nights in a few weeks. I'm thinking about using a suite u/g...what's the best I can hope for? What have others been able to get using a suite u/g cert?

Thanks!
For the last couple years, this is what I've experienced:

Room Level Upgrade:

Std. Room -> Mini (Jr.) Suite
or
Mini (Jr.) Suite -> One Bedroom Suite

Suite Upgrade:

Std. Room -> One Bedroom Suite
Old May 5, 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by kbr420
For the last couple years, this is what I've experienced:

Room Level Upgrade:

Std. Room -> Mini (Jr.) Suite
or
Mini (Jr.) Suite -> One Bedroom Suite

Suite Upgrade:

Std. Room -> One Bedroom Suite
The last couple of times I've tried using a suite ug cert, was told it would be to a junior suite only. They didn't seem to want to give the one-bedroom suite anymore...
Old May 5, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, FPC Premier, HHonors Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by choptliva
The last couple of times I've tried using a suite ug cert, was told it would be to a junior suite only. They didn't seem to want to give the one-bedroom suite anymore...
Who did you call? You need to talk to Fairmont concierge @ the Queenie.
Old May 10, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by kbr420
Who did you call? You need to talk to Fairmont concierge @ the Queenie.
I was talking to the PLT customer service folks. Should I have contacted the hotel directly instead? Is there an email for right people to contact at the QEH?
Old May 25, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Hi,

so I booked this hotel today by phone for 4 nights in Sept.

I booked one Fairmont King Smocking room for my mom (using the Visa Signature promo with the third night free) for 299$ a night (*3).

Then I booked for me a Fairmont King NSK with Visa signature too and ask for a room upgrade with my last room upgrade cert, and she upgraded me to a Jr Suite (because they dont have a lot of room categories).

Just one issue, is the Junior Suite is with Queen bed only

For the Valet parking, I'm not good at that too! But I think 2$ is good (or need more?) When I go to Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, I NEVER give money, because I think is "swiss attitude" and was not problem. But I know I have to tip, so I will tip when I leave the car. Just hope 2$ is good and 5$ for luggages in the room.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alelex
Hi,

so I booked this hotel today by phone for 4 nights in Sept.

I booked one Fairmont King Smocking room for my mom (using the Visa Signature promo with the third night free) for 299$ a night (*3).

Then I booked for me a Fairmont King NSK with Visa signature too and ask for a room upgrade with my last room upgrade cert, and she upgraded me to a Jr Suite (because they dont have a lot of room categories).

Just one issue, is the Junior Suite is with Queen bed only

For the Valet parking, I'm not good at that too! But I think 2$ is good (or need more?) When I go to Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, I NEVER give money, because I think is "swiss attitude" and was not problem. But I know I have to tip, so I will tip when I leave the car. Just hope 2$ is good and 5$ for luggages in the room.
Sounds like youŽll have a nice stay!

Many (junior) suites only have a Queen bed (about 1.60m x 2.00m), if youŽre the only person staying in the room, a Queen bed is very comfortable, if there are two people in the room a queen bed can be a little small.

Regarding tipping: Tipping is not madatory, but it is expected:

$2 for valet parking is acceptable though some people would say $5 is more appropiate (some would argue the service is better/faster if you tip more); i fyou plan to leave the hotel several times per day IŽd tip no more than $10/day

bell staff: generally $1-$2 per piece of luggage; $5 is fine (unless youŽre travelling with ten suit cases)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.