Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Jakarta - My go-to property in Jakarta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador

Fairmont Jakarta

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Fairmont Jakarta

Jl. Asia Afrika No.8, Senayan Kecamatan Tanah Abang, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, ID 10270

Fairmont Jakarta - My go-to property in Jakarta (10 Photos)

Fairmont Jakarta

A Bit of Background

I've stayed at the Fairmont Jakarta three times now. Twice at the Fairmong Gold Suite upgraded from Fairmont Gold Room and once at the Fairmont Gold Suite upgraded from a standard room. In the first two I was able to use the lounge (albeit no pictures) on the other stay I wasn't — although you get upgraded to Fairmont Gold and can use the actual room amenities, lounge and other Gold perks are not included.

This is to say I've now stayed 3 times and thus feel the experience has been consistent enough that this is a property I know 'reasonably well".

Check In

Check-in in in the front to the left just before elevators. As usual in Jakarta you have to go through the metal detectors to get inside the property and then head to check-in. Contrary to what happens in many properties (sadly) here I was greeted by someone at the door (without pre-arranged transportation) and shown to the entrance while my bags were hushed in. 

Check-in was relatively smooth the first two stays and an absolute chaos the last one — it took me 20+ minutes to check-in with the Priority line existing but getting no respect at all.

I would say overall the check-in process was effective, I got told about my benefits (or in the case of the latter stay the limitations) and the check-in staff was overall nice and welcoming. 

I didn't explore much location-wise as I was heading in and out of a client's office nearby (so location wise for that purpose it was perfect). There's a shopping mall (Plaza Senayan) accessible through the hotel in a covered walkway (underneath passage can be found heading right after entering the hotel). It has some restaurants and brand-name stores. Nice to get essentials, grab food or otherwise just buy stuff :)

Although the layout is funky (either I didn't find the right way in or you have to go through a supermarket and a department store) it's overall a nice amenity. A larger shopping mall can be found a (longer) walk away or a short drive called Senayan City. This is much larger and has all the brand-name stores you can think-of. 

Public-transport wise I don't think this is great but I always used Grab in and out of the property and it's just fine in that regard. 

Room

Let's just say the room (well...suite) is... great. The pictures probably won't do it justice, but I love a few things about it:

• Stylish high-end feeling on decor etc;
  • gigantic windows that make the room much brighter when you fully open the curtains
  • All the amenities you'd expect;
  • Although big (and it is big-ish) it doesn't feel like so given the layout and decor. 

As you get in you see a spacious living room inclusive of a dining area (if you so as much fancy one). There's a big TV, comfy sofas and nice surface areas. As you come in and to the right there's a small service toilet that has the essentials so you don't have to use the ensuite one.

Bottled water was provided complimentary and minibar available for a fee. The bedroom itself is nice, super comfy (and a variety of) pillows and all of the comforts and amenities you'd expect together with little touches that for me make all of the difference. 

Overall this is a big room, full of all the comforts and amenities you'd expect from a 5* property and a Fairmont, kept immaculate from a maintenance/cleaning perspective.

There's a lot to l comment on hotels but the room is still #1 and set apart from all other aspects for me, so this gets high marks. 

(fun fact: windows are that clean that you're not sure if they're there!)

1_living room.jpg

The view of the living room from entrance

1_living room 2.jpg

dining area

1_living room 3.jpg

comfy sofa and nice decor

1_bed1.jpg

view of bedroom

1_bed2.jpg

bedroom, with entrance to bathroom on the left

1_service bathroom.jpg

service toilet right when you enter the room

1_view_window.jpg

view from the room

Bathroom

The bathroom is big, stocked with Le Labo amenities, including bath toiletries but also the other essentials you might need (toothbrush, shaving kit, mouth wash etc). Japanese-style toilet with all the settings you'd expect.

The highlight of the bathroom is the japanese-style (I think?) bath with the huge shower/bathtub mix (shower is on the right on the picture, not well captured) with bath salts and a few other amenities. 

It was sparking clean and is easy to adjust temperature independent of other areas (which is a pain for me sometimes).

1_bath1.jpg

all the amenities you could expect

1_bath2.jpg

big bathtub with the enclosed shower on the right

1_bath3.jpg

view of the bathroom

Service

Service was great all-around and specially the quick-to-act Gold team that took good care of me through the multiple times I had to ask for something.

Housekeeping was effective, fast and left the room in good condition in-between stays.

Dining

I tried a few of the outlets...

1. Sapori Deli — meh, nice for a quick bite or as a cafeteria more than anything else.

2. VIEW Steak Bar — nice views, good atmosphere. Can't say I was impressed with the steak I had. But overall an ok experience.

3. 1945 — this was actually the highlight. I was staying with Mrs and we both enjoyed our dinner very much. Excellent food and ambiance. 

Lounge

Sadly I have no pictures, but it is a lounge I enjoyed. Visited twice. Always a calm vibe and not noisy or too busy. Excellent views all around and good food on offer although I didn't find it as extensive as you'd find in other properties (i.e. came for tea and had like 3 varieties of cake and maybe a snack or two which is... not a lot). 

Staff was quick to refill and clean stuff. 

Overall

Overall this was a nice hotel. I'd say a 9/10 and definitely my go-to while in Jakarta. I enjoyed the property, the recognition both as a first time as well as a 2nd time and 3rd time visitor (Platinum at the time) not just in terms of amenities (nice room upgrades, nice facilities) but also the service (attentive and available). I find that although it is a bit pricier you get value for money.

Will be back :) 

My first review here — let me know if I can improve these as I try to review a couple more ALL properties. 

Would you like to write a review on the Fairmont Jakarta?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks and congrats for your 1st review
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks for the review! Sounds like a solid Fairmont overall.

Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
A Bit of Background I've stayed at the Fairmont Jakarta three times now. Twice at the Fairmong Gold Suite upgraded from Fairmont Gold Room and once at the Fairmont Gold Suite upgraded from a standard room. In the first two I was able to use the lounge (albeit no pictures) on the other stay I wasn't — although you get upgraded to Fairmont Gold and can use the actual room amenities, lounge and other Gold perks are not included.
Hm, that's rather unimpressive. While it's a common practice with other hotel chains, this is literally the first time I've heard of a Fairmont hotel providing a "fake upgrade" to a Gold room while denying lounge access (though it's very rare for hotels to provide comp. upgrades to the Gold floor).
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Funny, In December I went to most of the high profile Accor hotels in Jakarta (both Pullmans, Raffles and Swissotel) but NOT Fairmont because the Fairmont program really offers very little to Platinum guests.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks for the review! Sounds like a solid Fairmont overall.

Hm, that's rather unimpressive. While it's a common practice with other hotel chains, this is literally the first time I've heard of a Fairmont hotel providing a "fake upgrade" to a Gold room while denying lounge access (though it's very rare for hotels to provide comp. upgrades to the Gold floor).
Yes, I agree this does come across as cheap. That said, I appreciated the room upgrade to a suite (rare to happen!) and I didn't have high expectations given that the Fairmont Gold Lounge is a clear exclusion for ALL Plat/Diamond. So it didn't bother me much... I wish they added that as a benefit to Diamond members though.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stayed here few times before pre pandemic and during pandemic.

Pre pandemic, booked Gold room, upgraded to gold suite (gold lounge access included from the rate)

During pandemic, booked base room, upgraded to their sky suite.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:45 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Thanks for the report. Having tried both the Fairmont early 2020 and recently the Raffles, I would suggest to try this last for your next visit to Jakarta. While I definitely had a good experience at Fairmont (Gold basic room) In my opinion Raffles is still superior in different aspects, even standard rooms are suites with proper separate living room area, the very attentive butler service and the food quality at breakfast, both hotels are priced similar. Maybe the only downside is the extra cost of Raffles club that is also charged per person and higher vs Gold/non gold rooms fee difference at Fairmont.
Anyway, good that Jakarta is still one of the few cities where you can enjoy a real 5* experience for few hundred USD, already in Bali is not the same level, remaining with Accor I'm referring to Sofitel Nusa Dua I remember we both experienced and it was quite a disappointment.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobFF68
Thanks for the report. Having tried both the Fairmont early 2020 and recently the Raffles, I would suggest to try this last for your next visit to Jakarta. While I definitely had a good experience at Fairmont (Gold basic room) In my opinion Raffles is still superior in different aspects, even standard rooms are suites with proper separate living room area, the very attentive butler service and the food quality at breakfast, both hotels are priced similar. Maybe the only downside is the extra cost of Raffles club that is also charged per person and higher vs Gold/non gold rooms fee difference at Fairmont.
Anyway, good that Jakarta is still one of the few cities where you can enjoy a real 5* experience for few hundred USD, already in Bali is not the same level, remaining with Accor I'm referring to Sofitel Nusa Dua I remember we both experienced and it was quite a disappointment.
Thanks for the note and recommendation. I'll be back in Jakarta in a couple months and might give the Raffles a try. They are indeed usually priced similarly.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Second the Raffles Jakarta comment.
They are better than Fairmont in terms of soft and hard product. (not that Fairmont is bad though)

As for Bali, I find Sofitel Bali is a big disappointment.
My go to property in Bali now from ALL side is Raffles Bali. their price is higher than average, but they do deliver amazing service.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 1:02 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
I'm sure that Raffles Bali would be wonderful, unfortunately the cheapest villa is also 5 times the cost of a suite at Raffles Jakarta...
ricardojrsousa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.