Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Taurus Avenue 12 Hoofddorp, Amsterdam., 2132 LS

Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (26 Photos)

IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

As we had an overnight transfer in AMS, we decided to try the Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and we were very satisfied. 

The location is one of the hotels best features. It is conveniently located next to the Hoofddorp station which is a 4 minute train ride from schiphol. There is no hotel shuttle bus. If timed correctly, it should take you approximately 10 minutes from the hotel to the airport. IMG_0240.jpg

Check In

Prior to our arrival I had checked in online via an email sent by the hotel. Check in at the hotel was smooth and fast. We felt expected. ALL status was recognized straight away and we were given drink vouchers and a minibar voucher. We were upgraded from a standard room to an executive room on the executive floor. Staff were lovely. 

IMG_0220.jpegIMG_0207.jpegIMG_0222.jpeg

The minibar voucher handed out during check in turned out to be our welcome amenity. And since the minibar in the hotel room was empty, it could be redeemed at the so called ´´foodwall´´next to the reception. IMG_0205.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

Room

Our room was an executive room on the 12th floor, the executive floor. IMG_0203.jpegIMG_0204.jpegIMG_0192.jpegIMG_0193.jpegIMG_0197.jpegIMG_0198.jpeg

The room was perfectly satisfying. It was clean and still felt fairly new. Some of the features were a small workdesk, a sofa, coffee machine & kettle. The room was also very well noise isolated and had great views from the 12th floor. There was no other welcome amenity in the room. The minibar was empty, not even botteled water.

IMG_0202.jpeg

Iron and ironingboard.

IMG_0201.jpeg

Hairdryer.

Bathroom

IMG_0194.jpegIMG_0195.jpeg

The bathroom was nice and had a great rainhead shower. It was also very well stocked in terms of amenities. The only drawback was the unconvetional doors which i didnt take a picture off. They were quite noise when opening and closing. IMG_0190.jpeg

FAIR CosmEthics: Hair conditioner, Body lotion, Body cleanser and Soap. Bay Essentials: Shampoo.

IMG_0191.jpeg

Shower cap, Dental kit and Shaving set. 

Dining

We did not eat at the hotel, nor did we try breakfast as we had to weak up at the break of dawn to catch our flight. 

The bar. 

IMG_0230.jpeg

We could not use our drinck vouchers for cocktails, so we had wine instead. IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

This is were breakfast is served.

Gym

IMG_0231.jpeg

There is a gym on the 2nd floor. We did not use it but it looked well equiped. 

Service

We only interacted with staff during check in and at the bar. The staff was very friendly, service minded and always smiling. The hotel also had great ALL recognition. 

Overall

We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel and we were pleasently surprised by the service and ALL recognition. The location is very good and the hotel is a great alternative to other schiphol hotels if you dont need to be withing walking distance. The rated was aslo very good for amsterdam, 130euro with breakfast. 

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Seems like a nice Novotel
Arpoador likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
Super coverage ! Nice.
Arpoador likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
It's a solid hotel. Stayed there in 2019. The breakfast was also good.
In addition, it's a short walk to a little town with a craft brewery pub set up in an old church. ;-)
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:52 am

The welcome gift in December 2021 plus vouchers for the Foodwall
Two weeks ago nothing, neither letter nor sleepers

Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:06 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
I had a recent stay at this property again. Same as last time, 1 night with an early flight to catch from schiphol the next morning.
I had checked in online via an email sent by the hotel so i only picked up an envelope at the reception. The envelope contained my room key, the drink voucher and a minibar voucher for the “Foodwall”. There was no other welcome amenity in my room. I was upgraded to an executive room on the top floor. Same as last time.

This time there was a bathrobe and slippers placed on the bed.

It was an extremely windy day at schiphol and that was specially noticeable from the top floor (13th). There was a lot of wind noise unfortunately and even the wall mounted lamp was jiggling up and down due to the wind. Very annoying when trying to fall asleep.

The bathroom amenities have now been changed to full sized bottles of PRIJA.

Last edited by Arpoador; Jan 3, 2023 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 3, 2023, 11:22 pm

I stayed there in Dec 2022 and to my surprise you can use the ALL app as mobile key, although I guess you probably still need to get the key card at reception for the power in your room 🤔

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.