Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Simultaneous stays in two different cities?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist

I've booked myself at the Ink Hotel in Amsterdam in a few weeks. After Amsterdam, I'm planning on meeting with a friend in London, though she'll be in London while I'm in Amsterdam. If I book an Accor hotel (specifically the Ibis Shoreditch) under my name and my acount, but she checks in before I get to London, will that throw anything off? Or would it be best if she books a separate reservation for the days she'll be there on her own?
Old May 5, 2022, 12:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I'd say you might run into problems (unless check out in Amsterdam is the same day as check in in London). Hotels also usually want to see the person who booked the room first before handing over any key cards. Probably better to book things separately.
nrouxel likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I recently had two stays for the same night in Bangkok, I was the only guest for one night (test and go) and my wife and I were on the other (my wife arrived earlier than me). No problems with check in. Initially they both credited to my ALL account, but a week or two later, one stay was redacted as "account normalization".
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:49 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Two bookings on the same checkin date causes problems in relation to earning points. The Accor system can't even cope with a booking for a day room in one hotel followed by an overnight stay in a second hotel. As the Accor system records them as overlapping points will be removed on the second booking even though a booking in these circumstances doesn't contravene the ALL T & C's. In such circumstances Accor customer service once they accept you actually stayed in both hotels on the relevant date have to manually override the system and post the points on the second stay to a dummy date which you don't have a stay for. From experience trying to get Customer Services to understand it is possible checkin to 2 hotels and use both on the same date is an uphill task.

If points on both stays is crucial what you suggest won't work.

If having a longer continuous stay attracts a better rate then assuming your friend is a UK resident staying in a UK hotel ID won't be required to check and I wouldn't expect a problem. I have done this for UK hotel stays previously, I normally just email the hotel in advance to explain the second guest will be arriving before me and therefore I would like them to facilitate their arrival. Probably not possible though in countries where some form if photo ID is required due to government regulations.
hotel_user and kevino like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Hi

couldnt find a dedicated thread so i decide to use this one

What about a single booking for 2 rooms in same hotel ? Will the nights for these 2 rooms be counted as 1 single booking ?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Hi

couldnt find a dedicated thread so i decide to use this one

What about a single booking for 2 rooms in same hotel ? Will the nights for these 2 rooms be counted as 1 single booking ?
T&C (https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...ditions-en.pdf) 7.2.2 says:
".. Expenses for Member accommodation in a room in the hotel and, if applicable, for one other room at the same hotel on the same date (for a maximum of two invoiced rooms), provided that (i) the Member is staying in one of these rooms and that (ii) the second room is notoccupied by another Member. Note: The Member may be able to earn on accommodation expenses for both rooms, but the number of Status Nights is based only on the Member's room."
fifty_two and kevino like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
T&C (https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...ditions-en.pdf) 7.2.2 says:
".. Expenses for Member accommodation in a room in the hotel and, if applicable, for one other room at the same hotel on the same date (for a maximum of two invoiced rooms), provided that (i) the Member is staying in one of these rooms and that (ii) the second room is notoccupied by another Member. Note: The Member may be able to earn on accommodation expenses for both rooms, but the number of Status Nights is based only on the Member's room."
ok thanks for answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.