Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Thailand: Test & Go or Sandbox in Accor hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum

Did someone serve Test & Go or Sandbox in an Accor Hotel and got points (and night) credited or even enjoyed status-privileges?

Were points credited for the whole package or only after deductions (PCR test etc) ?
How did you book? Contacting the hotel or Accor webpage?

Any recommendations ?

Thanks !
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Did someone serve Test & Go or Sandbox in an Accor Hotel and got points (and night) credited or even enjoyed status-privileges?

Were points credited for the whole package or only after deductions (PCR test etc) ?
How did you book? Contacting the hotel or Accor webpage?

Any recommendations ?

Thanks !
Yes, I recently booked one night “Test & Go” at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport, by hotel email. Prepaid of course. I received Accor points and stay credit. (Double status points and night.) I’m ALL G, so received a drink voucher, but didn’t use. No room upgrade, probably because this is “Test & Go”. I was very happy with my stay. Great location, good customer service. 😊
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Yes, I recently booked one night “Test & Go” at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport, by hotel email. Prepaid of course. I received Accor points and stay credit. (Double status points and night.) I’m ALL G, so received a drink voucher, but didn’t use. No room upgrade, probably because this is “Test & Go”. I was very happy with my stay. Great location, good customer service. 😊
thanks!
when did you check in and when did you get the result?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks!
when did you check in and when did you get the result?
I flew UA SFO-NRT connecting to NH NRT-BKK , all on one ticket, arriving just after midnight. Transfer to Novotel and checked in about 1 am. Right after check in, (along with several other pax) had Covid-19 PCR test. It seems Novotel is set up to do 24 hour Covid testing. About 9 am next morning, negative results sent to me by email. Very impressed. Result arrived in time for me to leave hotel room and have breakfast (included in booking) in hotel restaurant. In the afternoon I returned to the airport for BKK-CNX. The thought occurred to me, “it doesn’t get any better than this”. 😊
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I flew UA SFO-NRT connecting to NH NRT-BKK , all on one ticket, arriving just after midnight. Transfer to Novotel and checked in about 1 am. Right after check in, (along with several other pax) had Covid-19 PCR test. It seems Novotel is set up to do 24 hour Covid testing. About 9 am next morning, negative results sent to me by email. Very impressed. Result arrived in time for me to leave hotel room and have breakfast (included in booking) in hotel restaurant.
My wife had essentially the same experience, but breakfast (or any other meal) was not included. Booked through the Accor website at 4900 baht net. Test taken at 1am, results sent by E-mail at 10am. She said the room was dated but service was excellent.
restlessinRNO and BinSabai like this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
My wife had essentially the same experience, but breakfast (or any other meal) was not included. Booked through the Accor website at 4900 baht net. Test taken at 1am, results sent by E-mail at 10am. She said the room was dated but service was excellent.
I paid 5300 baht, which included breakfast. I agree, rooms are dated, but still very acceptable. 😊
FlytheTail and BinSabai like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:12 am
Original Poster

I will arrive early morning (as currently most direct flights from Europe arrive early morning)...so that would mean, that I would be free to go in the evening...
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:47 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thailand government is currently meeting to discuss pausing the test and go scheme.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...icron-concerns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.