Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor dodgy IT / 6000 bonus points offer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Accor dodgy IT / 6000 bonus points offer

Hello,

Does anyone else have as many constant problems with Accor's IT not crediting points / nights correctly as I do? It's becoming increasingly frustrating!

Long story short, we booked and pre-paid two nights at the Ibis Bratislava which would be the first of three two-night stays earning me 6000 bonus points in the recent offer. I didn't check-in online as I've had trouble previously with that re-setting the booking date. So we arrived and checked in, paying the city tax to reception as required. Arriving home, I find that only one night has credited and the points (9!) have only been credited for the city tax. Sigh. Contact Accor via Twitter. Today, they have credited me the correct number of points for the stay as "courtesy points" and a further 500 also as "courtesy points". The number of nights stay has not been amended from one to two.

Double sigh. So I'm a night short, and I guarantee the way they have credited these points won't get picked up by the system when I make the second and third two-night stays for the outstanding 5500 points.

Are there any Accor reps here who can help?

Cheers!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Message them on FB describing the situation, it usually takes them a lifetime to get back to guests (even more so now, given that everybody's probably panicking and thinking they will somehow be better off by cancelling travel arrangements), but clear communications and persistence tends to work.

I would also do that later when you see the actual points for the second stays posted - there is a slight chance this might work out well without further intervention, plus all they can do is correct post-factum anyway probably. The workload on CS reps may also be lighter then.
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by JTCz
Message them on FB describing the situation, it usually takes them a lifetime to get back to guests (even more so now, given that everybody's probably panicking and thinking they will somehow be better off by cancelling travel arrangements), but clear communications and persistence tends to work.

I would also do that later when you see the actual points for the second stays posted - there is a slight chance this might work out well without further intervention, plus all they can do is correct post-factum anyway probably. The workload on CS reps may also be lighter then.
Thanks! I received an offer of help on here from an Accor rep, but it seems customer services have now corrected my account so all is good. Until next time! I'd be curious to know if the online check-in problem is widespread or whether I've just been unlucky.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:07 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
The last two 6,000 point promotions didn't work out for me, requiring lengthy email back & forth to get the points.
I've given up and don't participate in these anymore... I'll wait for the next Super Sale instead....
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Thanks! I received an offer of help on here from an Accor rep, but it seems customer services have now corrected my account so all is good. Until next time! I'd be curious to know if the online check-in problem is widespread or whether I've just been unlucky.
Widespread, just don't use this facility. If the property's systems are properly integrated with Accor, they will have all the data they need anyway. They also do have your CC used to confirm your booking if you provided one, and if you arrive before the cut-off hour (mostly 18:00, sometimes 16:00), it doesn't matter anyway.
hotel_user and kingstontoon like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by JTCz
Widespread, just don't use this facility. If the property's systems are properly integrated with Accor, they will have all the data they need anyway. They also do have your CC used to confirm your booking if you provided one, and if you arrive before the cut-off hour (mostly 18:00, sometimes 16:00), it doesn't matter anyway.

.... and if you have a traveling companion, then the hotel may need Passport / ID document details as well, so this rather mitigates the dubious online check in ...
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In my case, several bookings were made and eligible to this offer, but I'm afraid I will have to cancel all of them because the French are now banned almost everywhere, at least where I was supposed to stay . All my coming vacations are ruined by this virus
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond
Same for me - most eligible bookings will have to be canceled
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:58 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I have the offer bookings in North Spain at the end of May. Not looking good. Have choice ( will make at time ) to just drive through area for a ferry - as need to be in UK in June - if the ferry still operating ( as prob wont be allowed in France ), or to use the bookings ( six nights ) .... or who knows .... unfortunately we are in the "old and wrinkly" end and I am immunity compromised. At present at holiday home ( 3km from nearest village ) with enough of everything till end of May. .... and not going anywhere till then. I hate gardening as well Cancelled everything else already. No arrival scans at BCN on arrival 2 days ago.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I feel sorry for everybody feeling vulnerable, as well as for everybody whose travel plans got disrupted.

I can hardly contain my anger at the inept governments trying to push the burden for controlling the epidemic on us after having failed to appropriately prepare, and introducing specious measures to pretend they are "doing something". Airline passengers are a group that is perhaps the easiest to track, as well to contain, providing ample opportunities to trace all possible contacts, test against coronavirus infection (until flash testing is available, I could imagine having to present a recent test to be able to fly - which by the way some EU countries required for entry from Italy), introduce preventative measures (like having all passengers wear disposable masks and serving no food or drinks inflight - entirely possible for intra-EU flights - and introducing more stringent cabin-cleaning regimes, which would infuriate O'Leary, but perhaps give employment opportunities to temp workers displaced elsewhere) and still they would have to contend with a vastly reduced number of passengers as many people got scared of flying even before any measures were implemented.

Last edited by JTCz; Mar 13, 2020 at 4:01 pm Reason: awful grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.