Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Novotel Bangkok Silom [left Accor]

Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

320 Silom Road Bang Rak Bangkok, TH 10500

Nice Hotel (0 Photo)

Check-in was fast and friendly Was given an upgrade to the 20th floor, which is the top floor of the hotel. Was given a drink voucher also.

The room was nice, all the amenities one needs. TV, wifi, minibar, safe, the bed was very comfortable. A large walk-in shower with plenty of towels.

Breakfast was included in the room rate, large breakfast room with many choices of foods to choose from. There was a special dining area set aside for Accor members

There was nothing much to say about the lobby, fairly basic, lots of tourists lounging about. It is about a ten minute walk to the river and the ferry system and also to the BTS skytrain station.

All of the employees I came in contact with were polite and friendly I would definitely stay here again

Nice Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:59 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Novotel Silom rebranding, now Hilton Garden Inn Silom

This hotel has left Accor and rebranded as a Hilton Garden Inn.

I have (had) a booking for February and just received the following mail, on December 27th (i.e. announced on the same day it happened):

Originally Posted by NOVOTEL Bangkok Silom Road
We would like to inform you that as of December 27th, 2023, Novotel Bangkok Silom Road will no longer be affiliated with the Accor network.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:23 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Hopefully, you can re-book if you want to, even if on a prepaid rate.

It will probably charge more as a Hilton. With Accor, it was occupying the low end of the market as a Novotel with a closed lounge. Mb as a Hilton it will play up it's location more being next to the Maggie Choo nightclub.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
This hotel has left Accor and rebranded as a Hilton Garden Inn.

I have (had) a booking for February and just received the following mail, on December 27th (i.e. announced on the same day it happened):
thanks for the info
stayed there once; Accor has plenty of better properties in Bangkok to choose from

good location though for those, who like to commute on the river. Accor has now nothing left close to the river except an Ibis....
Old Dec 28, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
According to the Hilton forum, the Pullman Grande Sukhumvit will also reflag to Hilton Asoke.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 3:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by kevino
It will probably charge more as a Hilton.
I am seeing rates in the 1500 THB range as HGI for late January so it does not seem like they will charge more as a Hilton. In fact, it's now the cheapest Hilton by far, because the 2 DoubleTrees are often 3k THB or so.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I've decided to keep the booking. On looking more closely I remembered I'd booked a suite, at a very good rate and with breakfast included, because I knew I'd be dropping to Accor Gold and can no longer expect an upgrade. So the experience won't be very different and the handful of ALL points I'll miss out on won't significantly delay my return to Platinum.

I'll report back here if (A) I remember and (B) the thread has been moved to Hilton by then.
ITravelABit likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks for the info
stayed there once; Accor has plenty of better properties in Bangkok to choose from

good location though for those, who like to commute on the river. Accor has now nothing left close to the river except an Ibis....
Quite a long walk but there will be a Mercure in Surawong in May 2024

Location: 222 Surawong Road, Si Phraya Bangrak District, 10500 Bangkok, Thailand
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:48 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by billabong
Quite a long walk but there will be a Mercure in Surawong in May 2024

Location: 222 Surawong Road, Si Phraya Bangrak District, 10500 Bangkok, Thailand
Surely not closer to the river than the current Pullman Bangkok G behind of which the Mercure seems to locate at.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
Surely not closer to the river than the current Pullman Bangkok G behind of which the Mercure seems to locate at.
Correct... Cheaper rate though...Anyway, anything close to BTS can access BTS Saphan Taksin in riverside area quite easily...
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by billabong
Correct... Cheaper rate though...Anyway, anything close to BTS can access BTS Saphan Taksin in riverside area quite easily...
That one is not close to BTS either, though.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
That one is not close to BTS either, though.
Yeah, actually the ibis styles silom seems to be the most convenient
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:15 am

Indeed. Still, if looking for anything more than the Ibis (which is not in a particularly great position by the river), I’d easily go for Shangri-La, Mandarin Oriental, Millennium Hilton, Anantara or Sheraton despite no loyalty affiliation.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:07 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by escape4
I am seeing rates in the 1500 THB range as HGI for late January so it does not seem like they will charge more as a Hilton. In fact, it's now the cheapest Hilton by far, because the 2 DoubleTrees are often 3k THB or so.
That's a good rate. Is it a special rate you're using? I might stay there at that rate. The lowest I'm seeing though is $74++ in late Jan. on a HHonors member advanced purchase rate. Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by kevino
That's a good rate. Is it a special rate you're using? I might stay there at that rate. The lowest I'm seeing though is $74++ in late Jan. on a HHonors member advanced purchase rate. Thanks.
It looks like the rates of 1500-1600 THB are only in July and subsequent months, not June and prior.
kevino likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.