FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Novotel Bangkok Silom [left Accor] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1999774-novotel-bangkok-silom-left-accor.html)

sfo Dec 14, 2019 5:15 am

Novotel Bangkok Silom [left Accor]

Introduction Check-in was fast and friendlyWas given an upgrade to the 20th floor, which is the top floor of the hotel.Was given a drink alsoThe room was nice, all the amenities one needs. TV, wifi, minibar, safeBed was very comfortable. A large walk-in shower plenty of towelsBreakfast was included in the room rate, large breakfast room with many choices of foods to choose fromThere was a special dining area set aside for Accor membersThere was nothing much to say about the lobby, fairly basic, lots of tourists lounging about.It is about a ten minute walk to the river and the ferry system and also to the BTS skytrain station.All of the employees I came in contact with were polite and friendlyI would definitely stay here again

IMH Dec 27, 2023 1:59 am

Novotel Silom rebranding, now Hilton Garden Inn Silom

This hotel has left Accor and rebranded as a Hilton Garden Inn.

I have (had) a booking for February and just received the following mail, on December 27th (i.e. announced on the same day it happened):

Originally Posted by NOVOTEL Bangkok Silom Road
We would like to inform you that as of December 27th, 2023, Novotel Bangkok Silom Road will no longer be affiliated with the Accor network.

kevino Dec 27, 2023 4:23 am

Hopefully, you can re-book if you want to, even if on a prepaid rate.

It will probably charge more as a Hilton. With Accor, it was occupying the low end of the market as a Novotel with a closed lounge. Mb as a Hilton it will play up it's location more being next to the Maggie Choo nightclub.

BinSabai Dec 27, 2023 9:36 am

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 35852353)
This hotel has left Accor and rebranded as a Hilton Garden Inn.

I have (had) a booking for February and just received the following mail, on December 27th (i.e. announced on the same day it happened):

thanks for the info
stayed there once; Accor has plenty of better properties in Bangkok to choose from

good location though for those, who like to commute on the river. Accor has now nothing left close to the river except an Ibis....

remymartin Dec 28, 2023 12:45 am

According to the Hilton forum, the Pullman Grande Sukhumvit will also reflag to Hilton Asoke.

escape4 Dec 29, 2023 3:12 am

Originally Posted by kevino (Post 35852567)
It will probably charge more as a Hilton.

I am seeing rates in the 1500 THB range as HGI for late January so it does not seem like they will charge more as a Hilton. In fact, it's now the cheapest Hilton by far, because the 2 DoubleTrees are often 3k THB or so.

IMH Dec 29, 2023 7:00 am

I've decided to keep the booking. On looking more closely I remembered I'd booked a suite, at a very good rate and with breakfast included, because I knew I'd be dropping to Accor Gold and can no longer expect an upgrade. So the experience won't be very different and the handful of ALL points I'll miss out on won't significantly delay my return to Platinum.

I'll report back here if (A) I remember and (B) the thread has been moved to Hilton by then. ;)

billabong Jan 2, 2024 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 35853106)
thanks for the info
stayed there once; Accor has plenty of better properties in Bangkok to choose from

good location though for those, who like to commute on the river. Accor has now nothing left close to the river except an Ibis....

Quite a long walk but there will be a Mercure in Surawong in May 2024

Location: 222 Surawong Road, Si Phraya Bangrak District, 10500 Bangkok, Thailand

lkrt Jan 2, 2024 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by billabong (Post 35870971)
Quite a long walk but there will be a Mercure in Surawong in May 2024

Location: 222 Surawong Road, Si Phraya Bangrak District, 10500 Bangkok, Thailand

Surely not closer to the river than the current Pullman Bangkok G behind of which the Mercure seems to locate at.

billabong Jan 2, 2024 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt (Post 35871179)
Surely not closer to the river than the current Pullman Bangkok G behind of which the Mercure seems to locate at.

Correct... Cheaper rate though...Anyway, anything close to BTS can access BTS Saphan Taksin in riverside area quite easily...

lkrt Jan 3, 2024 12:10 am

Originally Posted by billabong (Post 35871214)
Correct... Cheaper rate though...Anyway, anything close to BTS can access BTS Saphan Taksin in riverside area quite easily...

That one is not close to BTS either, though.

billabong Jan 3, 2024 3:45 am

Originally Posted by lkrt (Post 35871279)
That one is not close to BTS either, though.

Yeah, actually the ibis styles silom seems to be the most convenient

lkrt Jan 3, 2024 4:15 am

Indeed. Still, if looking for anything more than the Ibis (which is not in a particularly great position by the river), I’d easily go for Shangri-La, Mandarin Oriental, Millennium Hilton, Anantara or Sheraton despite no loyalty affiliation.

kevino Jan 4, 2024 3:07 am

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 35857841)
I am seeing rates in the 1500 THB range as HGI for late January so it does not seem like they will charge more as a Hilton. In fact, it's now the cheapest Hilton by far, because the 2 DoubleTrees are often 3k THB or so.

That's a good rate. Is it a special rate you're using? I might stay there at that rate.:) The lowest I'm seeing though is $74++ in late Jan. on a HHonors member advanced purchase rate. Thanks.

escape4 Jan 4, 2024 5:18 am

Originally Posted by kevino (Post 35874597)
That's a good rate. Is it a special rate you're using? I might stay there at that rate.:) The lowest I'm seeing though is $74++ in late Jan. on a HHonors member advanced purchase rate. Thanks.

It looks like the rates of 1500-1600 THB are only in July and subsequent months, not June and prior. :(