Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Short version of what Accor has told us about the new ALL "suite night upgrades" (SNUs):
"On reaching Platinum status, receive 2 Suite Night Upgrades. Booked in advance, guaranteed.

Earn a third Suite Night Upgrade at 18,000 Status points, and then an additional one every 4,000 Status points. Up to 12 a year."
Longer version, from the T&C, section 9.2: available in English here.
(Copied December 6 2019. Edited very gently for length -- e.g. removing references to paragraphs containing Accor's definition of "Platinum" -- and format.)
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Definition
A Suite Night Upgrade is a benefit reserved exclusively for Members who have Platinum status and above. It enables them, at certain participating hotels belonging to the Accor Group, to spend the night in a "suite" for the price of a "room" selected by the Member when making a pre-confirmed booking.

Hotels Offering Suite Night Upgrades
Members can only use their Suite Night Upgrade in Accor Group hotels offering this benefit. The list of participating brands and non-participating hotels is available on the Benefits and Statuses page by following the loyalty programme link. Please note that this list is more restrictive than the list of brands participating in the Programme.

In order to offer this benefit, a hotel must have both rooms and “suites”, or simply suites. Hotels solely offering other types of accommodation (lodges, villas, etc.) do not accept Suite Night Upgrades.

Obtaining a Suite Night Upgrade
On reaching or obtaining Platinum status [...] Members receive two (2) Suite Night Upgrades are credited to their account. When a Platinum Member has earned 18,000 Status Points, a third Suite Night Upgrade is then credited to the account. The Member receives an additional Suite Night Upgrade each time an additional 4,000 Status Points have been earned, for example, a fourth Suite Night Upgrade on reaching 22,000 Status Points, a fifth on reaching 26,000 Status Points and so on, up to a maximum of twelve (12) Suite Night Upgrades per calendar year.

A Suite Night Upgrade is valid for one (1) night only. The Member may use several Suite Night Upgrades when staying for several consecutive nights, if he or she has enough Suite Night Upgrades having already been credited in the account. Each Suite Night Upgrade is valid until 31st December of the year following its date of issue (calendar year N+1). No validity extension will be granted either before or after a Suite Night Upgrade’s expiry date.

Suite Night Upgrades are credited exclusively to the Member’s account, and can be viewed online via the Website and the Accor All app. No printed Suite Night Upgrades will be issued, nor can Suite Night Upgrades be sent out via email. However, Members will receive an email notification whenever a Suite Night Upgrade they have earned has been credited to their account.

Using Suite Night Upgrades
Members who wish to use one or several Suite Night Upgrade(s) during their stay must pre-book prior to the stay. Bookings must be made by calling an Accor Booking Office or by calling one of a participating hotel offering Suite Night Upgrades directly, except for Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel hotels. For these three brands, bookings must be made via the Accor Booking Office. The Suite Night Upgrade must be valid on the dates of stay booked.

Suite Night Upgrades are for personal use only and are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable. They can only be used by the Member whose name is printed on the membership card. The Member must be present during the stay and must themselves be staying in the suite that has been booked. The Member may book several rooms and/or suites when making the booking, but only one Suite Night Upgrade will be authorised per night and for the suite in which the Member is staying.

If Members wish to stay for several nights but only have one (1) Suite Night Upgrade, they may nonetheless stay in the suite for the duration of the booked stay. In that case, they will use their Suite Night Upgrade for one night but will have to pay the full undiscounted price for the suite for the other nights of the stay. If the Members do not wish to book the Suite at the advertised rate, they will need to make another booking for the other nights of the stay, choosing a different type of room, which would mean changing rooms during the stay.

For bookings covering several consecutive days at a constant rate, the Suite Night Upgrade will apply to the first night of the stay by default. For bookings covering several consecutive days at a variable rate (i.e., the rate is different each night), the Suite Night Upgrade will apply to the most expensive eligible night by default. Subject to availability at the time of booking, the customer care advisor may offer the Member different types of suites, corresponding to suites paired with different types of rooms, along with their associated rates.

The use of Suite Night Upgrades is subject to the same blackout dates as the Programme’s room availability guarantee. The official calendar of dates on which the availability guarantee does not apply is regularly updated and displayed for Members on the all.accor.com website. It is up to Members to take note of these dates before booking a stay for which they require an availability guarantee (See the dates here).
Non-participating hotels
See list: https://all.accor.com/loyalty-program/legal/terms-and-conditions/pdf-snu.en.pdf

Eligible rooms
Eligible rooms vary by hotel. Certain suites are always excluded, such as Presidential suites and VIP suites.

Each type of room eligible for this benefit is paired with a specific type of suite at each hotel offering the benefit. The use of Suite Night Upgrades is subject to the suite’s availability at the time of booking.

Eligible Booking Channels
In order to be considered eligible, stays must be booked at eligible rates by calling the Accor Booking Office or participating hotels. Stays booked via other channels will not be eligible for this offer, including those booked via:
- travel agencies using a GDS (Global Distribution System)
- stays booked via a reseller, tour operator or third-party online travel agent (such as Expedia.com, booking.com, etc.)

Eligible Rates
Eligible rates include all standard rates (including the ALL - Accor Live Limitless and AccorPlus Member rate) and all promotional rates except the following:
- Excluded rates mentioned in Article 7.2 “Rates Eligible to Earn Points” of the General Conditions of Membership;
- Family offers;
- Package rates;
- Day Use Rates;
- Corporate Rates;
- Ibis Business and Accor Business Plus membership card rates

Terms of Cancellation and Changes
The usual terms and conditions of sale apply to bookings made with a Suite Night Upgrade. These conditions determine the ability or not to change or cancel a booking free of charge. If a pre-booked stay is cancelled prior to the stay and according to the terms laid down in the terms and conditions of sale accepted when making the booking, the conditions of sale govern the decision as to whether the cost of the booking should be reimbursed.
However, if a Member makes a booking using one or several Suite Night Upgrades but cancels the booking prior to the stay, the Suite Night Upgrades will be recredited to the account within a maximum of seven (7) days. No changes can be made to the night to which the Suite Night Upgrade applies. The only change that can be made by telephone once a Suite Night Upgrade has been booked is adding additional options (such as breakfast), paid for with cash.

The Suite Night Upgrade will not be refunded to Members in the event of a no-show on the booked day or early check-out.

Non-Combinable Benefits
Suite Night Upgrades cannot be combined with:
- The use of Rewards Points when booking,
- The use of a Stay Plus night, a benefit awarded to members of the Accor Plus membership programme,
- Upgrades subject to availability awarded to Gold status and higher.

Member Responsibilities
Accor reserves the right to immediately void any Suite Night Upgrade that has been sold or transferred to a user other than the Member for whom it was originally intended or that is deemed to have been fraudulently acquired.
[...]
__________________________________________________ _______________
Additional information
Please improve this wiki by adding anything else we know about SNUs!
Print Wikipost

"Suite Night Upgrades" from 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: Accor All Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, iberia Plus Plat
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Can these be applied to the bookings with the current Fairmont two for one promo?
I would check it directly with the corresponding Fairmont.
I remember Sofitel NY applied SNUs for me for non-refundable pre-paid booking so you may be lucky when contacting the hotel directly.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
So I've just used 1 of these for the Sofitel in Biarritz, 1 night stay only. Can't say I was very impressed with the SNU application.

Called this morning as wanted 2 nights, and after being on the phone for 10 minutes was told that there was no availability for 'city view Junior Suites', which is what they use for for the SNU's, despite there being plenty of availability of 'sea view Junior Suites'.

Called a bit later after changing dates and chose just 1 day. There was availability on that day. However, the price to pay for the room to get the SNU (for the city view suite), was 420€, even though price for a standard/classic double room online was 289€. EVEN the fully flexible ALL rate was 304€. Not a single rate had a base price even close to 420€. She told me that was the best she could (normal price for the city view Junior Suite on this day was 705€ - a decent discount, but still very misleading.

I mentioned this on the phone and they told me they were aware of discrepancies in the system and that they would make a note - spoke about a popular forum, Flyertalk mentioning one mishap after the other with SNU's.

I still ended up taking the SNU this time though despite it costing 42% more than the double room price - in part because I'd already made all the effort and didn't want to spend more time looking for alternatives and I am curious about this hotel - but I can't say I was impressed, and wouldn't have done this for multiple nights.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by lpolchlop
I have just tried to use 3SNU for a stay in Sofitel Queenstown where I had a cancelable booking done online.

First, the hotel told me that they are not able to do it and I shall call the customer service. So I called the customee service and I was informed to call the hotel

After back and forth emails with customer service I finally got the reply that the hotel agreed to change my booking to a non-refundable one with higher price than the initally booked as refundable rate and apoly my SNU certificates.

Is this is joke?
Of course I replied I do not agree and I will think it over to look for some other hotel that cares about loyal customers.

Who the hell is going to book a non-refundable booking in these times?
There si a huge gap in the services offered by different hotels in regards to SNUs application. I must say I was impressed by Sofitel New York that said No problem to apply SNU even for a non-refundable booking. And I thought that I would get similar treatment in the other Sofitel in Queenstown that is not actually a cheap 2-star hotel. I was totally wrong... Such a shame on how this benefit is managed within Accor...
just had a similar experience. Called Fairmont Reservations and they said I will have to switch the reservation to a non-refundable rate (deal breaker!) because that's forced by the Accor reservation system while the Fairmont reservation system has the rate (buy one get one) that I want but cannot be used for applying the suite upgrade
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Synthesis
So I've just used 1 of these for the Sofitel in Biarritz, 1 night stay only. Can't say I was very impressed with the SNU application.

Called this morning as wanted 2 nights, and after being on the phone for 10 minutes was told that there was no availability for 'city view Junior Suites', which is what they use for for the SNU's, despite there being plenty of availability of 'sea view Junior Suites'.

Called a bit later after changing dates and chose just 1 day. There was availability on that day. However, the price to pay for the room to get the SNU (for the city view suite), was 420€, even though price for a standard/classic double room online was 289€. EVEN the fully flexible ALL rate was 304€. Not a single rate had a base price even close to 420€. She told me that was the best she could (normal price for the city view Junior Suite on this day was 705€ - a decent discount, but still very misleading.

I mentioned this on the phone and they told me they were aware of discrepancies in the system and that they would make a note - spoke about a popular forum, Flyertalk mentioning one mishap after the other with SNU's.

I still ended up taking the SNU this time though despite it costing 42% more than the double room price - in part because I'd already made all the effort and didn't want to spend more time looking for alternatives and I am curious about this hotel - but I can't say I was impressed, and wouldn't have done this for multiple nights.
I had exactly the same situation as you for a coming stay at Pullman Barcelona Skipper, when trying to use SNU with the call center. I gave up (I have to say that I am not blaming the Accor call center here, as the lady I talked to was really trying to help, but the limitations put in place by the hotel were to blame - I will post more details when I can).
lpolchlop likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I had exactly the same situation as you for a coming stay at Pullman Barcelona Skipper, when trying to use SNU with the call center. I gave up (I have to say that I am not blaming the Accor call center here, as the lady I talked to was really trying to help, but the limitations put in place by the hotel were to blame - I will post more details when I can).
Interesting, so you believe it was the specific hotel's policy here too? With the Sofitel in Biarritz it seemd their policy was SNU's were for City View Junior Suites only (not sea or bay views). But on top of that the rate was way higher than even the most expensive flexible rate for a standard/classic room online for the same date...

Curious about your experience in the Barcelona Pullman, may be staying there also toward the end of summer on the drive back from southern Spain to Belgium.

Now I'm going the opposite direction staying at the Mercure Orleans Portes de Sologne, then the Mgallery Grand Terrasse Hotel in La Rochelle, the Sofitel Biarritz, the Mercure in San Sebastian and possibly the Pullman in Madrid (stayed there before too - decent for a quick 1-night stay in passing, got free parking that time - they have great brownies, more like chocolate fondants though ).

Pullman in Bordeaux too, was actually the last room (only occupant in the entire hotel) the last night it was open a few days into the lockdown - was given their best Suite that night - which was sweet but the place was dead (in and out of the hotel - saw 1 person the entire evening/morning after). Friendly bar woman the previous time I had stayed there, was given some nice cocktails as opposed to the standard soft drinks/beers/wines they typically give in France.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
So, I thought I'd give this a go, but was a bit put off actually as you have to call their 0870 Reservations number, and I didn't particularly want to pay 13p/min! But on the Website (rather than the APP) it showed a filter to look for SNU hotels, and then brought it up which was the Sofitel at Heathrow. On then selecting Book a Room it offered a Callback. So I did that and actually I was impressed and my Mobile rang within a few seconds! He knew who I was and just verified the Dates with me.
But then I wasn't so impressed! I was pretty sure I just wanted to pay for the 'Classic' which is currently £118 for Flexible, cancel on the day. He offered me two options, which was a Junior Suite and a Prestige Suite. I've stayed in a JNR before there, and they are nice, but really just a Big Studio. I already suspected in my mind he wasn't going to offer me that for £118, and I was right! He said that would be £160. I already knew that was the price of the Luxury Room (the one just below the Junior Suite) and actually I also knew this was 25% off a few days ago! So could have got that for £125 anyhow! But that's gone now!
But aside from all that, why would I pay them the Room grade below when I'm more or less 100% sure I'd get a Free upgrade anyway to the Junior simply as part of being Platinum!?
So, my first impressions are not good really! I declined to proceed and will just book my original room! In fact last time I booked a classic, and after then an upgrade on checkin, I then upgraded again for Cash to a Junior Suite for about £25.
It's a bit crazy them saying 'Book a Room to get a Suite' when infact you have to Book the Rate directly below Suite you're offered, which you'd probably get upgraded to anyhow!

Try again Accor!
gcashin and lpolchlop like this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
So, I thought I'd give this a go, but was a bit put off actually as you have to call their 0870 Reservations number, and I didn't particularly want to pay 13p/min! But on the Website (rather than the APP) it showed a filter to look for SNU hotels, and then brought it up which was the Sofitel at Heathrow. On then selecting Book a Room it offered a Callback. So I did that and actually I was impressed and my Mobile rang within a few seconds! He knew who I was and just verified the Dates with me.
But then I wasn't so impressed! I was pretty sure I just wanted to pay for the 'Classic' which is currently £118 for Flexible, cancel on the day. He offered me two options, which was a Junior Suite and a Prestige Suite. I've stayed in a JNR before there, and they are nice, but really just a Big Studio. I already suspected in my mind he wasn't going to offer me that for £118, and I was right! He said that would be £160. I already knew that was the price of the Luxury Room (the one just below the Junior Suite) and actually I also knew this was 25% off a few days ago! So could have got that for £125 anyhow! But that's gone now!
But aside from all that, why would I pay them the Room grade below when I'm more or less 100% sure I'd get a Free upgrade anyway to the Junior simply as part of being Platinum!?
So, my first impressions are not good really! I declined to proceed and will just book my original room! In fact last time I booked a classic, and after then an upgrade on checkin, I then upgraded again for Cash to a Junior Suite for about £25.
It's a bit crazy them saying 'Book a Room to get a Suite' when infact you have to Book the Rate directly below Suite you're offered, which you'd probably get upgraded to anyhow!

Try again Accor!
This is exactly the situation I faced for Pullman Barcelona Skipper. I still did not have time to report the details here but will try to do it over the weekend. Complete nonsense
starflyergold and lpolchlop like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Best bang for buck SNU?

What hotel has the best bang for buck SNU?

Canada during these times please as based in Canada but open to world option when all things COVID hopefully settle down (if they ever do).

now ALL Diamond and have 7 SNUs to burn ...
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:28 pm

is there any way to use the suite night certs at check in at a hotel? t&c says you can't, but is it theoretically possible? does the front desk have access to pull these from your account?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201
is there any way to use the suite night certs at check in at a hotel? t&c says you can't, but is it theoretically possible? does the front desk have access to pull these from your account?
I can't say for sure, but I would be extremely surprised if you were successful with that.

Even in-house reservations seems to have great difficulty accessing and applying the certs most of the time even when strictly following all of the rules. Not to mention that SNUs generally need to be applied at time of booking.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:31 am
Suspended

Thinking of pulling the trigger on an SNU for the Pullman St. Pancreas. Deluxe Suite for GBP 150, flex, incl. BF.

Do you guys view that as a good deal?

The thing is, I'm only Accor Silver which makes the SNUs kinda interesting (as I'd never get a complimentary upgrade to a suite). OTOH, I've moved virtually all my business away from Accor and I need the spend with my new programs. So I'm not looking to splurge on Fairmonts or expensive properties in expensive cities. Looking to spend a max of EUR 200 per night for 1-2 nights somewhere in Europe (well, not in a covid-19 hotspot like Spain).
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:45 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I wouldn't hesitate.

Thanks for identifying what appears to be an extremely good use of SNUs! What room are you being asked to book in order to get a Deluxe Suite by applying an SNU?

There have been disappointments, but most of the time the property (which reopened yesterday) gets good reports: Pullman St Pancras London Hotel
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks for identifying what appears to be an extremely good use of SNUs!
Don't remember the room type. I didn't request the call-back service but called Accor's German reservation number directly, asking for a rate to which I could apply an SNU.

The agent provided me with a bunch of rates I was eligible to use to receive a 79 m^2 deluxe suite. Essentially I would have been able to choose with or without breakfast and flex or non-flex.

All rates were astoundingly close together (all around GBP 140 to GBP 150 a night, with GBP 150 being for flex with BF).

I can give you guys the date I inquired about, too. (As it turns out there are no good flight options for me on that date.) The quote I was given was for Sep. 5 - Sep. 6 (i.e., next weekend).
IMH likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: ALL Accor - Platinum
Chiming in to say that I have been successful at using the SNU with the Fairmont 'Stay Close' BOGO offer several times.

Earlier this summer I stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim and did the 'two rooms for the price of one for one night' AND the SNU. I paid for one Deluxe City View Room, and was upgraded to a Stanley Park View Suite and got Signature Harbour View Room (through upgrade @ check in). Great deal!

I have two other SNUs booked using the 2 for 1 deal for later this year - another at the Pac Rim (upgraded to a Pool View Suite), and one more at the Chateau Whistler to a 1 Bed Gold Suite (didn't even know this was possible until they mentioned it!).

So so far I've been loving this combo this year!
Old Aug 31, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
The Stay Close BOGO was about the first time I saw any value in the SNU at a Fairmont hotel. I also see the current Take Your Time promo can work. The biggest problem with using a SNU at a Fairmont hotel, is that promo rates typically don't work. For the SNU to work, the rate must be bookable in the Accor system. Most Fairmont hotels have several promos and packages, all bookable on the fairmont.com site, but they typically never show up on the Accor site. That meant you could use the SNU on the full Daily Rate, but it was cheaper or similar to just book your suite outright using a promotion over on the Fairmont site. Basically, anyone who booked a Fairmont hotel on the Accor site (pre-BOGO sale) and didn't bother checking the Fairmont site, would have been significantly overpaying for their stay.

But I still don't see most rates as bookable on Accor. Here's what I think the difference is... The 'Stay Close' rate was essentially a system-wide promo. Just like the current 'Take Your Time' promo. Those rates actually show up on the Accor booking site! But if you go to the Fairmont webpage for any particular property, and call up the list of promotions, you will find a big list of many which are specific to that property. It's doubtful you will see those on a rate search on the Accor site. If you can't see it on the Accor site, then you probably won't be able to use the SNU with it.

And a lot of these promos that don't show up on the Accor site, aren't just for one-off promos. I often booked at the Chateau Lake Louise using their 'Stay and Play' rate. That's not a temporary promo. It's available all year long. You pay for every 5 days and stay for 7, and get a $350 resort credit. That's basically a 30% discount off of the Daily Rate, which wasn't (and still isn't) bookable on the Accor site or available to use with a SNU. With a 30% discount, I can save the SNU and just book the suite I want. The BOGO promo was the first time I saw a deal of greater value than that particular ongoing promo, and it just happened to be bookable at Accor. I don't have a lot of hope that will continue, however. The BOGO was a system-wide response to COVID vacancy rates across the network (and has since ended), and similar promos won't likely continue in the long-term. Because I still don't see the property-specific promos on the Accor site, I suspect the BOGO was a one-off bit of good fortune, and that SNUs will still be mostly useless going forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.