Search

Accor Plus Renewal Which status?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Accor Plus Renewal Which status?

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I am based in Thailand so only get customer service from Thai Call call centre

Last year I made Platinum. so was awarded with accor plus platinum expiring september 2019

When I renew Accor Plus in September, Will my Platinum card expire 31 December and need to be replaced or will it run to September next year.

I have not earnt platinum this year

The operator said I would get Platinum card, but I was unsure as I thought I would go to Gold on 1st January

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
if you qualified for platinum in 2018, then when you renew accorplus this year the status will extend till sep 2020
peacefultraveller likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:12 am
Original Poster

thank you that is great
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:52 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
if you qualified for platinum in 2018, then when you renew accorplus this year the status will extend till sep 2020
This is not correct, status will be based on stays in the year of membership, what you achieved in 2018 is irrelevant.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by markis10

This is not correct, status will be based on stays in the year of membership, what you achieved in 2018 is irrelevant.
Accorplus is a paid membership in Asia, longer status is one of the member benefits, accorplus member gets slightly different status qualification requirement, normal leclub member is based on current year method, but accorplus member is based on "previous year or current year" method.

you can read these 2 posts to understand more
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...problem-6.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...r-plus-15.html

i just realized that accorplus revamped their website and remove this longer status info, i am not sure whether is this a new ENHANCEMENT..?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Accorplus is a paid membership in Asia, longer status is one of the member benefits, accorplus member gets slightly different status qualification requirement, normal leclub member is based on current year method, but accorplus member is based on "previous year or current year" method.

you can read these 2 posts to understand more
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...problem-6.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...r-plus-15.html

i just realized that accorplus revamped their website and remove this longer status info, i am not sure whether is this a new ENHANCEMENT..?
I am well aware of Accor Plus having been a member for many years, and longer status was NEVER a benefit. During the transition to the new requirements in recent years there was some differences in how status was earnt between Accor Plus and the normal program, however this was only for the transition, not permanent. There has been no enhancement, the program has now reverted to requiring a member to earn the required nights in a year to retain status or drop to Silver.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:22 am

jiunsoh is right. I have personally benefited from the alternative qualification rule he described.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by nosedive
jiunsoh is right. I have personally benefited from the alternative qualification rule he described.
Was this recent? As until recently it was the case that you had two options as the program changed, but this was removed earlier this year from the terms and conditions as it was no longer applicable. When in doubt always refer to the terms and conditions, which are not inline with what Jiunsoh posted.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Was this recent?
Somewhat, in February. I wasn't aware they changed the terms sometime this year. Too bad.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:48 am

i spoke to Accorplus agent in Malaysia, he told me he has a member renewed this month successfully retain his gold status till next year, and there is no memo saying any change in qualification method.

and peacefultraveller has accorplus thailand telling him this longer status still valid

but, both malaysia and thailand agents could be wrong, because official website removed this.

i suggest peacefultraveller to get confirmation via email if you plan to take advantage of this renewal benefit.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:53 am

the longer status benefit re-appeared,

Enjoy Gold or Platinum Status for longer

If you earn the required Status Points to upgrade to a superior Status during the calendar year, you can retain this Status until the time of your Accor Plus renewal the following year.

accorplus website:

https://www.accorplus.com/benefits/more-rewards
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:31 am

I am confused

Isn't it the case that if you are not an AccorPlus member then:

If you earn the required Status Points to upgrade to a superior Status during the calendar year, you will retain this Status until the end of the next calendar year which seems better than what applies to an AccorPlus member quoted above who only retains this Status until the time of their Accor Plus renewal the following year???
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I am confused

Isn't it the case that if you are not an AccorPlus member then:

If you earn the required Status Points to upgrade to a superior Status during the calendar year, you will retain this Status until the end of the next calendar year which seems better than what applies to an AccorPlus member quoted above who only retains this Status until the time of their Accor Plus renewal the following year???
yes, if the member renew, then they will their status extend till the next expiry.

If the member decided not to renew, then the status will end at 31-dec.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:23 pm

Isn't the Le Club Accor membership year Jan-Dec ie the calendar year?

So non-AccorPlus Member earns Platinum in the Calendar year 2019 by July 31st - Platinum status lasts till Dec31st 2020

According to the wording on the website quoted above:
AccorPlus member earns Platinum in Calendar year 2019 by July 31st , if their renewal date is say Sept 30th 2019 "you can retain this Status until the time of your Accor Plus renewal the following year" - Platinum status lasts till Sept 30th 2020. So you are worse off being an AccorPlus member - no?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Isn't the Le Club Accor membership year Jan-Dec ie the calendar year?

So non-AccorPlus Member earns Platinum in the Calendar year 2019 by July 31st - Platinum status lasts till Dec31st 2020

According to the wording on the website quoted above:
AccorPlus member earns Platinum in Calendar year 2019 by July 31st , if their renewal date is say Sept 30th 2019 "you can retain this Status until the time of your Accor Plus renewal the following year" - Platinum status lasts till Sept 30th 2020. So you are worse off being an AccorPlus member - no?
if the member :
A) choose to renew, then his platinum will extend till sep 30 2021
B) choose not renew, then this accorplus membership will fallback to le-club, and the platinum will end dec 31 2020

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.