Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help, accor plus status problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

I have been informed that the AccorPlus teams will have to judge on a case by case basis.
So do not hesitate to send me a PM with your member ID so that I can share it with the teams and help you get some visibility on how your status will change.

Kind regards,
Amy
When Le Club Accor is being adjust to follow calendar year, the Aplus team should be involved in this and they should start think on how the transition period should be handled.

Not just leave it and let is flows and let's handle it on case by case basis.

I guess until now, there is no clear guideline on how the APlus member 2 qualification periods for determining the elite status are being defined now.

Can someone point me where I can find this information?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
It's complicated... first of all download the T&Cs below...

https://www.accorplus.com/~/media/fi...s_2017_gb.ashx

... then go straight to the last page

APPENDIX 1 – ACCOR PLUS MEMBERS
If you are an Accor Plus member, the Status assessment will be different and based on the following rules, commencing 1 January 2017:
At the time of your Accor Plus membership renewal, the Status will be assessed based on the Eligible nights or Status points earned during one of the two periods:
1. The current calendar year
2. The previous calendar year
The highest number of Eligible Nights spent or Status Points earned during one of these two periods, will determine your new Status.
If, during the previous calendar year or the current calendar year, you did not reach a threshold allowing maintenance of your current Status, you will have a Status corresponding to your activity during these two periods, as indicated on the Le Club AccorHotels scale (refer to table in clause 8).
Accor Plus Members automatically qualify for Silver Status and are never downgraded to Classic Status, provided the member renews their Accor Plus membership.

So - say you are Accor Plus Platinum until the end of November 2017 (end of your Accor Plus membership) - comes 30/11/2017 they will look at Status Points & Nights for 1. Calendar year 2016 and 2. The period from 1/1/17 to 30/11/17 and use the highest number to determine your status for the following year (from 1/12/17 to 30/11/18). This is ok if your Accor Plus membership expires late in the year (e.g. expiring 31/12 you basically have 2 full calendar years to play with, expiring 30/11 you have a full calendar year and an 11 months period) but obviously not so good if your Accor Plus membership expires early in the calendar year.

What to do? Check now your qualifying Status Points & Nights achieved during CY2016 (you'll find this info under My Loyalty Card > My Points History) - if you have enough Status Points or Nights to maintain Platinum (or whatever status you are trying to maintain) then there's no need to stress, you will maintain your status at renewal time... if not, then you better start booking away if you want to maintain your Accor status!

To make things even more complicated - it looks like the above only applies if you decide to renew your Accor Plus membership... if you don't, who knows what will happen as you'll be left in limbo between the Accor Plus and the LeClub "systems"
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo

So - say you are Accor Plus Platinum until the end of November 2017 (end of your Accor Plus membership) - comes 30/11/2017 they will look at Status Points & Nights for 1. Calendar year 2016 and 2. The period from 1/1/17 to 30/11/17 and use the highest number to determine your status for the following year (from 1/12/17 to 30/11/18). This is ok if your Accor Plus membership expires late in the year (e.g. expiring 31/12 you basically have 2 full calendar years to play with, expiring 30/11 you have a full calendar year and an 11 months period) but obviously not so good if your Accor Plus membership expires early in the calendar year.

What to do? Check now your qualifying Status Points & Nights achieved during CY2016 (you'll find this info under My Loyalty Card > My Points History) - if you have enough Status Points or Nights to maintain Platinum (or whatever status you are trying to maintain) then there's no need to stress, you will maintain your status at renewal time... if not, then you better start booking away if you want to maintain your Accor status!

To make things even more complicated - it looks like the above only applies if you decide to renew your Accor Plus membership... if you don't, who knows what will happen as you'll be left in limbo between the Accor Plus and the LeClub "systems"

This is your own interpretation, I suppose.

To me what does it mean by:
1. The current calendar year
2. The previous calendar year

Calendar year typically mean 1-Jan to 31-Dec.

So if this year, 2017, current calendar year should mean 1-Jan-2017 to 31-Dec-2017 and previous calendar year means 1-Jan-2016 to 31-Dec-2016.

To me this does not make sense at all

Your interpretation should be the current year to date (or what ever it should be called) and if your interpretation is correct, then like you said this is not very fair.

Like I have posted somewhere before on the video provided on the email communicated before, which the mention about 2018, the 2 qualification period they are talking are:
1. 12 months of the membership cycle as per normal. Hence if your membership renewal is in Nov, they will look Nov-2017 to OCt-2018
2. previous year calendar year, i.e. 1-Jan-2017 to 31-Dec-2017

To me this is give the Aplus member a benefit.

However for 2017 this does not work, as this mean as Aplus member, the new criteria (aka bonus points does not count to elite) has started prior to 1-Jan-2017.

This is why I keep saying, they should give the Aplus member a skip for 2017 (as transition year) and give the elite status until renewal of 2018. Hence Aplus member enjoy added benefit compare to non paying member, as their elite status now valid beyond 31-Dec-2017.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:57 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Dear members,

I have been informed that the AccorPlus teams will have to judge on a case by case basis.
So do not hesitate to send me a PM with your member ID so that I can share it with the teams and help you get some visibility on how your status will change.

Kind regards,
Amy
Hi Amy,

Two things that this thread has pointed out lately.

1. When converting Accor Plus Status to Le Club Status, some members experience a drop in status. These member's need some clarity on that and how it works so they can calculate.

2. Accor Plus Complimentary Night Availability. It's now very hard to see the forecast of nights available and causing member's problems as they are unable to plan future stays. How can we patronize a Accor Hotel when we don't even know the availability??

Since you clarified on the first point already, hope you can do the same for the second point. As Accor Plus Singapore is of no help as they keep on mentioning they are working on it without giving a time frame.

Thank you

Regards,
Cocoleolol
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Hi Amy,

Two things that this thread has pointed out lately.

1. When converting Accor Plus Status to Le Club Status, some members experience a drop in status. These member's need some clarity on that and how it works so they can calculate.

2. Accor Plus Complimentary Night Availability. It's now very hard to see the forecast of nights available and causing member's problems as they are unable to plan future stays. How can we patronize a Accor Hotel when we don't even know the availability??

Since you clarified on the first point already, hope you can do the same for the second point. As Accor Plus Singapore is of no help as they keep on mentioning they are working on it without giving a time frame.

Thank you

Regards,
Cocoleolol
This is precisely the point that I have been highlighted many time. I really think I am talking to walls.

I have asked to talk to people at the higher level (beyond Sales lady). But, it seems everyone is too busy to talk to me.

I do not want to brag, but I really cannot help. I have been buying Aplus for many years since it was first launches in Singapore probably like 14 years? If no one really do not bother to talk to me other than the Sales person, and no one at Management level wants to hear my view, this should be the last year I am purchasing the membership.

Any suggestion what will be the best way to burn 43,000 points and 3 complimentary nights, as now I have lost my Platinum status.

One thing to add, as Aplus member, we have been subjected to the new rules prior to 1-Jan-2017 (aka bonus not counted as elite status) while non paying member only experience this from 1-Jan-2017. Again, why as paying member, we get the worse treatment?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Accor Classic, and EVA Silver
Originally Posted by lingua101
This is precisely the point that I have been highlighted many time. I really think I am talking to walls.

I have asked to talk to people at the higher level (beyond Sales lady). But, it seems everyone is too busy to talk to me.

I do not want to brag, but I really cannot help. I have been buying Aplus for many years since it was first launches in Singapore probably like 14 years? If no one really do not bother to talk to me other than the Sales person, and no one at Management level wants to hear my view, this should be the last year I am purchasing the membership.

Any suggestion what will be the best way to burn 43,000 points and 3 complimentary nights, as now I have lost my Platinum status.

One thing to add, as Aplus member, we have been subjected to the new rules prior to 1-Jan-2017 (aka bonus not counted as elite status) while non paying member only experience this from 1-Jan-2017. Again, why as paying member, we get the worse treatment?

I am in Hong Kong. Accor plus out sourcing the sales service to another company and they are in Beijing China. Since Singapore is in Asia and almost the same time zone. I guess Singapore must be handled by the same company. You sales lady is not an Accor employee. You may want to ask her directly to confirm. So, talking to a higher level person, it is not going to happen!

I was only a Gold member last year (but Platinum the year before). My case is even worst! For some unknown reason. In June last year, my Accor Plus sales lady close my account and issued a new Accor Plus number to me. I guess either she will get a higher commission or open a new account get her credit. That is a big problem for me. The hotels I usually stay, they don't recognize me by my new number. So, I was treated like a new guest in the hotels I have stayed 10+ times. So, this year I decided not to renew my membership. Since my sales lady closed my account and deleted all my record, Accor Le Club downgraded me to a CLASSIC MEMBER! I called Accor CS numbers of time to explain my situation. The CS keep saying my Gold/Platinum records could not be found. Nothing they could do! It seems CS only report the cases back to their manager in France and let the manager make the decisions. What to talk to him/her, it is not going to happen! Manager won't even write back directly. Everything is handle by the CS.

My battle with Accor hasn't over yet! At the time I was planning to give up. Spend my last 20000 points on my next stay next month and say goodbye to Accor. I received my confirmation e-mail of my reservation. Then I found out all of my reservation confirmation in the last 5 years still in my inbox! The next day, I called Accor CS and forwarded all of those e-mail in the last couple years to them. Although I don't think I would stay in Accor hotels anymore, I demand my Gold membership back. I am still waiting for their answer.

Last edited by wingnewaddress; Sep 27, 2017 at 4:14 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by wingnewaddress
I am in Hong Kong. Accor plus out sourcing the sales service to another company and they are in Beijing China. Since Singapore is in Asia and almost the same time zone. I guess Singapore must be handled by the same company. You sales lady is not an Accor employee. You may want to ask her directly to confirm. So, talking to a higher level person, it is not going to happen!
unless it has been changed recently, I know she is Accor employee. She has been there for many years, since they have started this in Singapore for 14-15 years ago.

Singapore is Accor HQ, so most likely they have their own team here.

I have been Aplus member for many many years. So I have told her, this will be my last renewal if I do not like what they did to me.

I think the local team is trying their best, but I want to hear something from their management.

If they decided to extend invitation to see Serena Williams 2-3 years back, as I was the top 5 customers here in Singapore, I think it is not too much to expect their Senior management to spend time to hear my grievances,
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:40 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by lingua101
unless it has been changed recently, I know she is Accor employee. She has been there for many years, since they have started this in Singapore for 14-15 years ago.

Singapore is Accor HQ, so most likely they have their own team here.

I have been Aplus member for many many years. So I have told her, this will be my last renewal if I do not like what they did to me.

I think the local team is trying their best, but I want to hear something from their management.

If they decided to extend invitation to see Serena Williams 2-3 years back, as I was the top 5 customers here in Singapore, I think it is not too much to expect their Senior management to spend time to hear my grievances,
Agreed, My agent at Accor Plus is local and based at Accor HQ too. I personally have chatted with her many times regarding issues however she says all she can do is highlight to management and hope for the best.

She herself says that management sometimes are.....non-cooperative. So I don't blame her and her team but more of management not being attentive to their loyal customers.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Agreed, My agent at Accor Plus is local and based at Accor HQ too. I personally have chatted with her many times regarding issues however she says all she can do is highlight to management and hope for the best.

She herself says that management sometimes are.....non-cooperative. So I don't blame her and her team but more of management not being attentive to their loyal customers.
Unless you can talk to people at quite senior level, normally it is useless, especially for some issue at the program level that "hard" to fix.

It will be definitely my last year with them, as I really feel like 2nd class citizen, but Accor simply does not get it.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.

Last edited by lingua101; Sep 28, 2017 at 10:53 pm
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:08 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by wingnewaddress

For some unknown reason. In June last year, my Accor Plus sales lady close my account and issued a new Accor Plus number to me.
They have done this every year, at my renewal, even since before the programs were merged.

But, my points, status, and history always follow.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:40 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Dear members,

Kind regards,
Amy
With all due respect Amy, this isn't a case by case situation.

Because, it's clearly posted on the Accor website
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...s-status.shtml

1/2 way down

"Changes to the way your status is calculated and its duration"

"IN 2016:"

"Any higher status acquired in 2016 is valid until December 31st, 2017."

This would be the first time in history that Platinum members paid to have their earned status removed.

Don't you think the right thing here would be for the AccorPlus teams to immediately acknowledge their error and reinstate each members status to the level they've rightly earned until the published date?
Think about it.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Accor Classic, and EVA Silver
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
They have done this every year, at my renewal, even since before the programs were merged.

But, my points, status, and history always follow.

My account number had been the same for the first two years. When I got upgraded from Gold to Platinum, 2 of the 16 digti changed. Now, I found out my sales lady is not an Accor Employee (CS agent told me), I think she got either higher commission or extra credit to close my account and deleted my record. Otherwise, I couldn't think of any reason why she did that?! I forgot to mention, the person who handle my account quitted. She took his place since last year. I demand an answer from Accor but it has been a week. I still haven't received any calls from them yet!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:59 pm

still got no call, although it was promised for last week
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm currently Platinum member and will be able to maintain it until December 2020 based on the current stays. I'm planing buy the Accor Plus membership, which would mean July 19-July 20. In case I don't renew Accor Plus next year will my membership be downgraded in July 20 in case I do not archive enough points from JAN-JUL 2020? Or will I still keep it until December 2020 since I made it to Platinum during calendar year 2019?It's all very wired the way it's calculate and I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't make too much sense to pay for it and then in July next year be downgraded though I could have Platinum till end 2020.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Atlantico
I'm currently Platinum member and will be able to maintain it until December 2020 based on the current stays. I'm planing buy the Accor Plus membership, which would mean July 19-July 20. In case I don't renew Accor Plus next year will my membership be downgraded in July 20 in case I do not archive enough points from JAN-JUL 2020? Or will I still keep it until December 2020 since I made it to Platinum during calendar year 2019?It's all very wired the way it's calculate and I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't make too much sense to pay for it and then in July next year be downgraded though I could have Platinum till end 2020.
if you already re-qualify platinum in 2019, then you will carry the status will dec2020.

even if you not renewing a+ the next year, the system will change your membership back to normal leclub and your platinum status is valid till dec2020. if the system accidentally downgrade you, you can contact support to make it right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.