Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I have free breakfast with HiltonHonor Gold...(just 40 nights !)
Global free breakfast surely should be a Platinum perk.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Quote:[left
Originally Posted by nrouxel I have free breakfast with HiltonHonor Gold...(just 40 nights !)

starflyergold;]Global free breakfast surely should be a Platinum perk.
I think is much more likely the free breakfast to be removed for Hilton Gold and Marriott Platinum or upped one level to Hilton Diamond and Marriott Titanium then offered for Accor Platinum.
Also the same will be valid for the lounge access .
The trajectory at the moment is to give as less perks as possible . And this is understandable, all these perks cost the owners of the hotels not the loyalty programs and this build tensions between them.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
As a Gold, I usually get 1 cat upgrade.

Maybe differentiate on upgrade levels for each tiers for ALL

Say Platinum get 2 cats upgrade .. and Diamond best available room up to standard suite.
Obviously not available in Ibises and other limited type of room hotels.

Breakfast ... PLT and above

Lounge Access for Diamond.

And maybe guaranteed late check out for plt and above
nrouxel and nickw_au like this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:58 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Lounge Access for Diamond.
Lounge access is a current Platinum perk. They better not downgrade these.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Do you think they will bin the la collection? Because that is an absolute rip off.

im mostly a Mercure Novotel uk traveller but have stayed for leisure in a few Asian properties (Indonesia and China) and I must say the difference in status recognition is astonishing, especially in the Pullman’s over there. Each occasion I’ve had an email from someone detailing all my benefits, confirming room upgrade etc.

Room upgrades in the uk are pretty worthless really in the Mercure/Novotel category. It’s a double room, which then gets upgraded to a double room with a nespresso machine (called privilege or executive respectively) and some slippers and a bath robe occasionally. I’m probably looking at 120 to 150 nights ish to hit diamond depending on the spend (rough estimate extrapolating where I am now) so hopefully the benefits match up to the additional loyalty in staying with Accor each year.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Accor has made clear that ALL will not remove any existing benefit for current status. ALL will add benefits for some status + Diamond + on-invitation program
Removing lounge access for Plat would be a declaration of war
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:36 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tris06
Yes quite often hotels will try to pass off an upgrade from say a luxury room to a luxury club room. Now there are some hotels where the room is slightly different in (example Sofitel in Bali) which I couldn't really argue with because maybe direct pool access is more pricey than having a small pond out the front to dip into. However if the rooms are... same size or even slightly smaller (it does happen) andpretty much the same layout (coffee machine is not an upgrade) I will tell the hotel it is not an upgrade. Also higher level does not cut it. You just should not accept it. It only takes 2 mins of your time and if we as a group consistently push for it they will understand the practice is not acceptable.

So in my stays, always the room/suite I get is definitely a higher category and I will always get the junior suite or even the prestige/deluxe suite unless the hotel is really fully booked.

People need to change their mind set it is not begging for a proper upgrade it is a demand and you have every right to demand it.
I had this issue you mentioned. It has happened about 6-7 times over the last couple of years and every time it was resolved within a few mins.
I will ask for it, when it's important to me. If I'm traveling solo, staying for 1-2 nights,. It's not worth my time and aggravation to haggle for a proper upgrade.
There are some hotels that wow loyal customers and go beyond the rules, and some treat loyal guests as "overentitled elites" and try to get away with as little as possible.
I will write great reviews, recommend and stay again at the former. I write bad reviews and don't return to the latter...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
Yes quite often hotels will try to pass off an upgrade from say a luxury room to a luxury club room. Now there are some hotels where the room is slightly different in (example Sofitel in Bali) which I couldn't really argue with because maybe direct pool access is more pricey than having a small pond out the front to dip into. However if the rooms are... same size or even slightly smaller (it does happen) andpretty much the same layout (coffee machine is not an upgrade) I will tell the hotel it is not an upgrade. Also higher level does not cut it. You just should not accept it. It only takes 2 mins of your time and if we as a group consistently push for it they will understand the practice is not acceptable.

So in my stays, always the room/suite I get is definitely a higher category and I will always get the junior suite or even the prestige/deluxe suite unless the hotel is really fully booked.

People need to change their mind set it is not begging for a proper upgrade it is a demand and you have every right to demand it.
I had this issue you mentioned. It has happened about 6-7 times over the last couple of years and every time it was resolved within a few mins.
sometimes the problem is that hotels “create” for this purpose luxury rooms adding some benefits ... some laundry daily credit / free mini bar on soft drinks / etc and they “sell” it as an upgrade.

I’m agree with you when you say to demand because it’s something they are allowed to give.

But, on my points of view, that should come from Accor / Hotels automatically

it’s their culture (Accor or single property) that needs to be changed.

They should operate to make the loyal customers happy, not to try to save some money teasing the customers.

On my last stay at Sofitel Bali was not possible to upgrade us at suite because no availability at all. We were offered free dinner at the restaurant and they also did apologize without I demanded anything

on my last stay at Sofitel Dubai we were upgraded from luxury room to Suite Opera (over Suite prestige)

i could say more examples more.

this is what let me have desire to come back at an hotel, even if is not the best one for location / value for rates / etc.

On other hand, I have several examples where at check in we weren’t offered any upgrade and after I demanded we were upgraded at same room with free mini bar ... even if they had several Suite prestige available

no problem. Next time I won’t consider this hotel at all, unless I have my convenience to come back.

It’s not my job to push Accor / Hotels to change their attitude and mentality. If they don’t care to change, they don’t deserve my small money

Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Dav77

sometimes the problem is that hotels “create” for this purpose luxury rooms adding some benefits ... some laundry daily credit / free mini bar on soft drinks / etc and they “sell” it as an upgrade.

Some hotel upgrade guest to these type of rooms but didnt include the extras that supposedly comes with the room

I guess the issue is Accor own enforcement strategy.
If Accor just let everything goes without making a noise to the offending properties, they will continue the practice.

Some hotels that I stay tries to penny pinching upgrades.
Not just Accor, but Marriott/SPG as well.

Unfortunately, Accor does have higher rate of non upgrades for me and the FD simply claim hotel is full when asked.
But one hotel, Sofitel So Singapore did apologise for the lack of upgrades and give me a bottle of red wine as compensation.

On my last stay at Sofitel Bali was not possible to upgrade us at suite because no availability at all. We were offered free dinner at the restaurant and they also did apologize without I demanded anything
We have different experience.
Sofitel Nusa Dua failed to upgrade me and they dont even apologise for that
They stay is not very good as well unfortunately.
(The Director of Rooms did contact me after I left TA review, but I guess I'm not very keen to return)

on my last stay at Sofitel Dubai we were upgraded from luxury room to Suite Opera (over Suite prestige)

this is what let me have desire to come back at an hotel, even if is not the best one for location / value for rates / etc.

On other hand, I have several examples where at check in we weren’t offered any upgrade and after I demanded we were upgraded at same room with free mini bar ... even if they had several Suite prestige available

no problem. Next time I won’t consider this hotel at all, unless I have my convenience to come back.

It’s not my job to push Accor / Hotels to change their attitude and mentality. If they don’t care to change, they don’t deserve my small money
Agreed.
For me, I will write a TA review and also Accor review (if they sent one) for all the stays.
Highlight the property didnt extend elite benefit properly (if the property is not full)
If they have dignitaries staying then its different story
happygolucky_nomad and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Unfortunately, Accor does have higher rate of non upgrades for me and the FD simply claim hotel is full when asked.
I have had the same situation like this, then get a shocked look on the FD face when I go onto accor website and go through the booking motions and show them the list of available rooms, including the category ugrade room!
gilbertaue and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:42 am

How much could be real “cost” for the hotel to upgrade a guest for 2 nights from a luxury room to a Suite prestige (if they have available and presumably don’t sell it) ?

Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dav77

I’m agree with you when you say to demand because it’s something they are allowed to give.

They should operate to make the loyal customers happy, not to try to save some money teasing the customers.

I fully agree with you and I apply this principle for all hotels all chains. Some hotels are truly bad in their Elite customers handling and I put them on my black list. At the opposite, others are managed by competent people and know how to create great moments.
With Accor, we all know their main problem has always been and still is the freedom they leave to hotels to comply or not with their rules without any consequence, leading to very inconsistent experiences. TBH, the situation has improved over the last years, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement. In that respect, I was quite shocked that Kobetraveller reported recently for the 2 Raffles properties in Cambodia that they were not offering free BF to Plats and that they can take freedom with Accor rules. I would have not been surprised to hear that in a French Novotel or Mercure, but not at Raffles in SE Asia.
I see ALL as an opportunity to improve this.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I think most of us are blue in the face from repeatedly banging on about the inconsistencies which in my view are much higher with Accor than with their competitors when it comes to perks. Some hotels are creative and make it their business to welcome loyalty guests, others do not, either as because management/owner decide it's not worth it or because staff on the day could not care less. Sometimes you have one great experience with one hotel and you return to the same hotel only to have a much worse experience. Too much latitude for hotels = disappointed and confused guests. The whole culture needs to change, maybe ALL is the opportunity do do just that.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:00 pm

Accor group is increasing both turnover and profit.

Would be nice is they would like to “share” their results with their “loyal” guests ....

but...sorry, i’m Italian ...I really like very much our French cousins (I know someone won’t believe me &#128540 ...i work for a French company, I (have to...) drive a French car ...I recognize France and French are better on several points than others ... France is my second house ...

for that...sorry again, I’m really skeptical 😃

i think If something will change ...will change worst

On last years everything has gotten worst at Accor. I can speack on my small experience, of course, as hotel business user in Italy during weeks ...and hotel guests for holidays 3-4 times per year (mainly Asia)

in Italy, platinum Accor card has more or less same value than any supermarket card.

No one hotel (except now Sofitel Rome, but it’s out of my target for business) has been renovated since I don’t know when

there are some nice Novotels and Mercures (I would say 30% or less) even if their rates have increased every month more ... now is difficult to find a decent room (some exceptions) at less than 120/130 euro out of peak periods.

Restaurants menues haven’ Changed since years ...all the same across Italy, with just 1-2 local specialty from area.

Much more than in the past, now each Novotel seems a Chinese colony (I like the Chinese, really, even if sometimes during dinner seems to be at Chinatown festival) probably due to some special agreement they do with travel tour operator

never upgrades, except at Mgallery properties, welcome drink now reduced to a “small” beer, because the big one is not allowed. Welcome gifts ...ok, i laugh a lot when I find my daily apple on the desk, really, I don’t need anything special ... but ...my god ...... 😃

no one time at check in since I don’t remember when who welcome me saying “mr. Dav, thanks for you loyalty”

ok, in Asia is different, I have spent / spend very nice holidays at Sofitels, Mgallerys (Fairmont seems to don’t like me ....) Plat Membership always recognized, as told, sometimes nice/very nice upgrades, sometimes less, but overall I would say i’m Happy with that.

...but we are talking about properties with rates at 250/300/350/sometimes 400 euro per night

so...I don’t know. Does it counts ? What have I to expect at other hotel chains for the same rates ?

Already told, sorry to repeat again. I have joined Marriot since January, 15th night this one.

What to say about that ? I was really stupid to haven’t moved before !

each stay (each) i’m welcoming with “mr. Dav, it’s a pleasure, thanks so much for your loyalty (started on January as Gold thanks to Amex Plat and running for Plat challenge)

without say anything, hotel key with card “upgraded”, lot of smiles, recent and better properties at the same price.

I’m at Marriot Rome just now, first (but surely not last) time they see me today. Booked standard room (120 euro, normally my Accor option on this area was Mercure near Fiumicino). Upgraded at junior suite with club access.

I’m writing from club now. Here since 20 minutes ago. All the employees come at me every 2 minutes “mr. Dav what can I do, mr. Dav another glass of Franciacorta, mr. Dav would you like to taste our special cookies, mr. Dav mr. Dav.... (ok probably is too much, please let me write a message on FT &#128515 I haven’t been called by my surname at any hotel (even if recurring guest for 30 times) since years ...or never at Accor, except some Sofitels where I have spent 4-5 days paying 300 or more euro per day.

Actually the grass is greener at Marriot. But really greener.

Less points than Accor due to really (even if this year less than in the past) several bonus points promotions in Italy. Ok. That’s true.

at the end ...my life don’t change even if I earn 1.000 euro points less per year.

But my day can really change if i feel welcome everyday at the hotels. It is respect for a customer that come and pay.

Sorry but Accor (in Italy) don’t have this attitude.

One time in my life i’ve Asked for a rate guarantee at Fairmont Abu Dhabi. Maybe it wasn’t completely accurate, my fault. Refused by Accor CC.

Sent 3 emails directly at Fairmont before to have feedback “we can do this rate (higher than guarantee, still higher than booking.com or Amex travel) but only not refundable”

answer “thanks to have found time to replay to me, I appreciate it a lot, but I will cancell my reservation. Bye bye”

booked a St. Regis at double of Fairmont rate. What is the problem ? Save 100 euro to loose 20 k euro.

ok, that’s all ...sorry to be so long ... 😃

i really hope ALL will be better ...even if I think I won’t come back soon, but please let me be really doubtful

you can change loyalty program name, it’s easier than to change attitude and mentality, but provably need more than that (at least on my experience)

You can introduce new higher tier with 1 bottle of champagne (upon availability) at every stay ... but ...sometimes you have to give it. If not, too easy.

You can introduce what you want as supposed benefits, but is not acceptable that everytime there is a “small issue”, a “small problem” nobody one manage.

You ask to speak with a boss at CC “you have to speck with me”. Ok thanks.

You ask somethink little bit special to be cared as a Platinum Member (except written benefits) “sorry we can’t change the rules for you”

so ...what does it mean to be Platinum / Diamond / Palladium / Kriptonite guest ? if you want to take care you do it. If not, I have already other 10 cards on my pocket, don’t need another one without any added value.

Don’t want to compare again Marriot, but points are posted after 24 h from check out. Here at accor what happens ? 2-3-4-5-6 days sometimes ?

When not posted there was a form to fulfill on website. How many time is it not working ? Months. Now you have to write an email with invoice and hope someone manage

until last year, when there was a promo I was habit to receive email confirmation. Now it doesn’t happen anymore. Am I correctly registered at this promo ? Maybe yes, maybe no. Every time...screenshot at the web page to “certify” i’m Registered. In case someone at CC in Marocco don’t believe.

How many lost time to manage these issues ?

Maybe would be better to fix existing benefits instead to insert new ones.

Last edited by Dav77; Mar 13, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak

, I was quite shocked that Kobetraveller reported recently for the 2 Raffles properties in Cambodia that they were not offering free BF to Plats and that they can take freedom with Accor rules. I would have not been surprised to hear that in a French Novotel or Mercure, but not at Raffles in SE Asia.
I see ALL as an opportunity to improve this.
just woke up at 3 am here and have not.read all the recent messages properly but did notice this comment from @Goldorak.

To defend Raffles Siem Reap the Platinum breakfast was not an issue at all for three mornings there last year. This was one reason I was so surprised to be told about the two exclusions by the gentlemanly fellow at Raffles Phnom Penh a few days ago after he checked with someone at Accor. But he did immediately allow me the breakfast as a gesture of good will so in practical terms no problem with regard to breakfast except for the mystery. According to the screenshot sent by @gilbertue this information was incorrect and there is no exclusion. I’m mystified as to why such an explanation could be given about a trifling matter when they went out of their way to provide me with other Platinum benefits Maybe some kind of human error ? The GM of both Cambodian Raffles is the same person so it is a bit perplexing. Maybe very few Platinums have been to the Phnom Penh property since July while more go to Siem Reap to see the temples. I really don’t know. But Phnom Penh was very kind about the early check in and one bedroom Suite with pool view when I had booked lowest category room, and the gentleman in question really did try to help me. Was surprised that they do not deliver an Evening Amenity though. Siem Reap Raffles last year and Phnom Penh Sofitel a few days ago did do so. Hopefully this breakfast issue was just human error rather than a deliberate policy to wind back this breakfast benefit. We need someone else to go and try both these Raffles properties and report back.

My main interest in this topic is hoping everyday for an announcement from Accor regarding new Diamond benefits for next year as I continue to just chug along keeping myself within striking distance with regard to Status Points required and months left in the year. Understand the issue of sorting everything out with stakeholders but planning will be easier as soon as we know if Diamond benefits actually suit our personal travel pattern. Falling asleep again so will finish here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.