Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Fairmont Singapore challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Fairmont Singapore challenge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Talking

Originally Posted by gilbertaue

- Check in, no mention of AccorHotels or loyalty.

This is bad. I was checking in at Hilton Garden Inn Bali. To my surprise they thanked me for being Blue member, as I have fall into Blue now.

i think Fairmont still in denial mode
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:52 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
- Check in, no mention of AccorHotels or loyalty.
At the Fairmont. Hmm... That sounds just like the start of my first stay at the Sofitel Singapore CC last week.

I'll post a review in the property thread when I have time, but the point of this teaser is just that very few properties deliver consistently. Many here love the Sofitel CC, and it's certainly got a lot going for it, but overall we were distinctly underwhelmed and Le Club Platinum status brought us nothing more than a drinks voucher.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:47 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
That Sofitels and the typical AccorHotels don't follow the rule book we know.
I would have thought that with the very recent training the FRHI properties got, that it would theoretically be fresh in their minds.

Did Fairmont properties in the past welcome FPC members? Or was that also not in their DNA?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
It is not their practice to welcome members (from my experience) so i guess they are still getting used to it. I agree that the benefits for platinums (lounge is great) in Singapore CC is better than the fairmont. It seems the room rate for fairmont is about $80-$100 cheaper than the CC.

Room wise, the refurbished ones are better but typically without bathtubs. The only tangible benefit for fairmont Singapore will be the wet lounge which is free for guests to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.