FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Fairmont Singapore challenge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1925137-sofitel-singapore-city-centre-fairmont-singapore-challenge.html)

gilbertaue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 am

Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Fairmont Singapore challenge

I will soon be staying at the Fairmont Singapore. As a frequent stayer at the Sofitel Singapore CC where we truly feel at home, we decided to give a shot to the Fairmont as we have just a couple of days to stay this time. (so if it doesn't go well, it doesn't matter).
​​​​​​
I regularly book the Sofitel at a low/mid tier rate and get upgraded to their prestige suite.

I booked a Deluxe King room at the Fairmont and look forward to comparisons between both properties.

gilbertaue Aug 14, 2018 8:01 am

The Sofitel typically sends out a welcome letter a couple of days before the stay.
The Fairmont did so a week prior. Here the text.

We’re greatly looking forward to the pleasure of your visit to Fairmont Singapore.

To make your trip as rewarding as possible, we recommend arranging your transportation, dining reservations and other social activities in advance.As a Platinum member of Le Club AccorHotels, you will always receive the personalized service and recognition you appreciate. During your stay, you will enjoy a multitude of benefits that are part of your membership, including a welcome amenity and drink, complimentary high-speed internet and daily newspaper delivery. Where possible, you will also be entitled to early check-in or late checkout and upgrades to the next available room category during your stay with us.* We have also further enhanced our ability to tailor your travel experience to what is important to you.

*Note: Le Club AccorHotels room upgrades are not available for Fairmont Gold.If there is anything you’d like us to know about your preferences, please contact us by telephone at +65 6837 3883 or by e-mail at[email protected].Thank you again for choosing Fairmont Singapore. We look forward to your arrival!
Best Regards,Fairmont Singapore
Who can spot the mistake above?

And then came some standard text on check in and out times, the spa etc etc and this:

Car Park
Parking facilities are available at Raffles City Shopping Centre's basement areas at prevailing car park fees, while valet parking at the Fairmont Singapore may also be available at SGD30.00 for 24-hours. During the 2015 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix, valet parking charges are available at $55nett for 24-hours on 18 - 19 September 2015 and $80nett for 24-hours on 20 September 2015.

azepine00 Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 30081138)
I..
​​​​​​
I regularly book the Sofitel at a low/mid tier rate and get upgraded to their prestige suite.

I..

You comparison will be of little help to others unless ypu become a frequent return guest at fairmont booking low/mid tier rates for fair comparison.

starflyergold Aug 14, 2018 12:30 pm

I will soon be staying at the Fairmont Singapore. As a frequent stayer at the Sofitel Singapore CC where we truly feel at home, we decided to give a shot to the Fairmont as we have just a couple of days to stay this time. (so if it doesn't go well, it doesn't matter).
​​​​​​

I booked a Deluxe King room at the Fairmont and look forward to comparisons between both properties.

Good luck, let's see what you are getting for your money at the fabled Fairmont ;) Needless to say we expect an extensive review....

gilbertaue Aug 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 30082196)
You comparison will be of little help to others unless ypu become a frequent return guest at fairmont booking low/mid tier rates for fair comparison.

Well considering it comes with fantastic reviews in the Fairmont thread, I'm expecting miracles.

I should also add that I have not received any difference in service at the SSCC on my last stay compared to my first stay. They have not treated me any differently throughout my stays.

As for the Fairmont, they are off to a good start. Not only is the parking information outdated, its wrong. After highlighting to them the 2015 error, I got the following reply.

Updated info:

We regret to inform you that Fairmont Singapore doesn't offers complimentary car park (I didn't ask for that). Alternatively you can park your car with our valet for S$ 25 for a short term parking ( one entry and one exit ) or S$ 35 for an over night parking ( multiple entry and multiple exit ). During 14-16 September 2018, valet parking charges are available at $55nett for 24-hours on 14-15 September 2018 and $80nett for 24-hours on 16 September 2018.

If you wish to park your car with raffles city car park within is located within the same complex, please be advised for the following charges.

Parking Charges

Car
  1. Monday - Friday
    8am to 5.59pm: S$2.20 for first hour
    S$0.55 for subsequent 15 minutes
    6pm to 7.59am (the next day):
    S$3.00 per entry
  2. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
    8am to 7.59am (the next day):
    S$2.20 for first 2 hours
    S$0.40 for subsequent 15 mins during the 3rd and 4th hour
    S$0.60 for subsequent 15 mins from the 5th hour onwards

gilbertaue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 30082229)
Good luck, let's see what you are getting for your money at the fabled Fairmont ;) Needless to say we expect an extensive review....

I've not been good lately. Still owe you guys a review on the Sofitel Munich and the Galata Istanbul.

cowism Aug 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Ah I never got upgraded to a suite at Sofitel City Centre despite at least 5 stays since they opened. Looking forward to your comparison.

CanadaDH Aug 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 30083126)
Well considering it comes with fantastic reviews in the Fairmont thread, I'm expecting miracles.

Huh? At best, reviews of the Fairmont Singapore are mixed. Many report this property as great value in the area, with a nice lounge, and a good hotel for using the FPC upgrade certificates. However, I think you'll find most reviews suggest it's not one of the better Fairmonts, and is currently in need of (and in the process of receiving) a renovation.

Jasper2009 Aug 15, 2018 2:35 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 30083312)
Huh? At best, reviews of the Fairmont Singapore are mixed. Many report this property as great value in the area, with a nice lounge, and a good hotel for using the FPC upgrade certificates. However, I think you'll find most reviews suggest it's not one of the better Fairmonts, and is currently in need of (and in the process of receiving) a renovation.

I couldn't agree more.. The Fairmont Singapore would barely make it into my list of "top 10 hotels in Singapore" and is one of the less remarkable Fairmont properties.

However, many Fairmont Premier/Platinum members (including myself) were always very happy with this property since:

(1) a suite upgrade cert got you a confirmed upgrade to a very nice 900sq.ft. one-bedroom suite (and occasionally even the 2200sq.ft. Penthouse Suite) confirmed at time of booking
(2) all guests staying in a suite (including those who had been upgraded) got access to the executive lounge (which isn't necessarily spectacular and not as upscale as some of the Fairmont Gold lounges, but still nice)
(3) the hotel has treated returning Platinum members extremely well

But once you take all that away, the property itself could just as well be a nice Sofitel / Conrad / Westin property.

Goldorak Aug 15, 2018 2:57 am

​​​​​​

Obviously you like challenges :p

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 30081156)
The Sofitel typically sends out a welcome letter a couple of days before the stay.
The Fairmont did so a week prior. Here the text.

I have it :
"Where possible, you will also be entitled to early check-in or late checkout" : it should be AND.

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 30082229)

+1 !!

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 30083164)
I've not been good lately. Still owe you guys a review on the Sofitel Munich and the Galata Istanbul.

Yes, we have not forgotten and our patience has limits :D ;)

gilbertaue Aug 15, 2018 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 30084426)

But once you take all that away, the property itself could just as well be a nice Sofitel / Conrad / Westin property.

Let's see.

gilbertaue Aug 15, 2018 3:23 am

Originally Posted by goldorak (Post 30084459)

i have it :
"where possible, you will also be entitled to early check-in or late checkout" : It should be and.

Yes, we have not forgotten and our patience has limits :d ;)

1) correct!

2) .......

lingua101 Aug 15, 2018 4:32 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 30081156)

:

you are referring to this?

*Note: Le Club AccorHotels room upgrades are not available for Fairmont Gold.

Should be Le Club AccorHotels Platinum?

gilbertaue Aug 15, 2018 5:09 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 30084618)
you are referring to this?

*Note: Le Club AccorHotels room upgrades are not available for Fairmont Gold.

Should be Le Club AccorHotels Platinum?

No that's correct, though could be worded better.

​​​​​​The special lounge at fairmont properties is called Fairmont Gold. You need to typically purchase Gold rooms to access.
Gold rooms are a higher class too.

jiunsoh Aug 15, 2018 10:53 am

I cancelled my Fairmont booking after found out they don't have lounge for le club platinum member.

Some parts of the hotel still under renovation, let's hope you will get access to all facilities you needed.