Search

prepay gives no points??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:00 am
Original Poster

prepay gives no points??

today i checked inn online .
pulman marrakech and pulman cocagne eindhoven
in the confirmation i am informed that i not receive ponts !!
when i look in the regulatios i read that when you give money before {only a few hotels accept }
you not receive points
But prepay seems different for me
so i get a penalty for prepay
accor concierge is this correct ???
kees
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Some...
How did you book the stay? Through the website of AccorHotel of through Booking/Expedia/... ?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:31 am
Original Poster

i allways book by website accor hotel
kees
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
I almost always prepay and I've never had this happen. Maybe it is like you said specific hotel policies? But I have never heard of this happening.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:06 am
Original Poster

thanks
propably another bugg
check in was a problem too
i have to chance my adress
before it was accepted
meaby accor concierge could give more info
i am waiting for a other answer too
kees
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:11 am
Original Poster

i found a telephone number of holland office from accor
helpfull lady ,direct response by email for more info
thursday i get a answer
first thougt, autoresponse from the system
i will inform about the response
greetings kees
vidrineb and gilbertaue like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Don't worry, this is just (another) bug. Prepay is the same as payment at the hotel for points earning, providing if course the hotel participates to LCAH and you booked through an eligible channel. In your case, shouldn't be a problem.
Personal advice : at check-out request the invoice including the pre-paid nights, in case you have to retro claim your points after the stay. Indeed, I noticed that in case of pre-payment, many hotels tend to deliver you at check-out only an invoice for the incidentals paid on-site.
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
"Prepay" ... I always choose this, and always believe I have already paid - but it does not work that way in every case... I still do not understand what Accor means by prepay. Sometimes they draw my account, sometimes I end up paying at check-out anyway. What a silly mess.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KLBGO
"Prepay" ... I always choose this, and always believe I have already paid - but it does not work that way in every case... I still do not understand what Accor means by prepay. Sometimes they draw my account, sometimes I end up paying at check-out anyway. What a silly mess.
pre-pay is what it means : paying at the time of booking. Some hotels sometimes do not take your payment at that time and take it on-site, but those are exceptions and not the norm. And when this happens, nobody complains. So there is no “silly mess”. And this is not unique to Accor. I have booked in March a pre-paid stay in a Hilton for this summer and they still haven’t charged my CC.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:41 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
There can be a mess. (This case Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre)
I recently booked a prepay stay for a guest of mine. I wasn't aware that they didn't immediately deduct.

Upon checkout, they made the guest pay.

I was mad. They told me they had sent me a credit card authorization form the day after my booking - which they didn't.

So in other words, in future, if I REALLY want to prepay, I need to give money to the OTAs since they can manage prepayment better ?!?!
KLBGO likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
There can be a mess. (This case Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre)
I recently booked a prepay stay for a guest of mine. I wasn't aware that they didn't immediately deduct.

Upon checkout, they made the guest pay.

I was mad. They told me they had sent me a credit card authorization form the day after my booking - which they didn't.

So in other words, in future, if I REALLY want to prepay, I need to give money to the OTAs since they can manage prepayment better ?!?!

Some hotels do not deduct the money straight away even at prepaid rate. It happened to me few times, but not in Accor hotels.

In another brand, they asked me to show the card as they told me they cannot charge my card without seeing the card.....
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:58 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
Some hotels do not deduct the money straight away even at prepaid rate. It happened to me few times, but not in Accor hotels...
The Accor hotels that don’t charge can be found by looking at the payment field, in my experience those without the field for the three/four digit security code on the signature panel won’t take payment at booking.

Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by markis10

The Accor hotels that don’t charge can be found by looking at the payment field, in my experience those without the field for the three/four digit security code on the signature panel won’t take payment at booking.

I do not think I have prepaid not charge with Accor. Well anyway I only stay less than 10 stays this year with Accor......
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

update
i am now in pulman cocagne eindhoven
great stay again
so far receptie knows i am entitled for points
holland main office emaild back that contacted main office france
its a good question perhaps .
kees
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

i received points pulmann maraks
kees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.