Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Hotels Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fppmongo
I think those chains will be thrilled. The main point of loyalty programs is not to reward customers (that's--to an extent--a necessary evil) but to create switching barriers that lock customers in.
Agreed. I'm just surprised Accor wouldn't match to even a lower level. Since I can't accept moving from top tier to nada - I must avoid them whenever possible. These days even many cc's give silver or gold levels with many chains. It's their choice of course, but it doesn't do much to potentially gain add'l nights from people loyal to other chains.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: IB Oro, LH SEN, Hyatt GLOB, Marriot TITAN, AF Plat FL, SIXT DIAMOND
Thumbs down Accor Hotels Status Match

Hello, i would like to know if any of you achieved to get a status match from any airline to a Accor elite trier; im LH SEN, FB GOLD and AB GOLD so star alliance Gold, SkyTeam ElitePlus and Oneworld Saphire

Thank you very much for your help
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:17 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pistenlord
Hello, i would like to know if any of you achieved to get a status match from any airline to a Accor elite trier; im LH SEN, FB GOLD and AB GOLD so star alliance Gold, SkyTeam ElitePlus and Oneworld Saphire

Thank you very much for your help
Not that I have come across, and also not something I have heard Accor ever doing - they also haven't every really status matched other hotel programmes, apart from Fairmont/Swissotel members.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:42 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Not that I have come across, and also not something I have heard Accor ever doing - they also haven't every really status matched other hotel programmes, apart from Fairmont/Swissotel members.
Accor used to be very prominent with status matches, especially from other non hotel programs or as a benefit of a card. At one stage I think most of the world was platinum!

These days it's a different story, although they do have some benefits in other programs, such as the upgrade to Hertz Presidents Circle for plats.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:26 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by markis10
Accor used to be very prominent with status matches, especially from other non hotel programs or as a benefit of a card. At one stage I think most of the world was platinum!

These days it's a different story, although they do have some benefits in other programs, such as the upgrade to Hertz Presidents Circle for plats.
Well, those were the credit card sign up links and the free for all sign up as long as you had a link... But i dont think there were matches at all - were there? Remember OP is asking FROM and not to..
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:29 am

Currently leclub accorhotels only opens status match for Premier and Platinum tier of Fairmont's President Club.
FPC Premier to Accor Silver
FPC Platinum to Accor Platinum
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
This may help look for status matching pairs and the likelihood of getting them:

http://www.statusmatcher.com/
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:15 pm

status match

will Accor match marriott gold?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:18 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bmw303
will Accor match marriott gold?
No.
They don't match any programs.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Accor Classic, and EVA Silver
Accor don't even match with their own two programs! If you switch from Accor Plus (paid member) back to Le Club (free member). They don't even match with the same status. They said two program calculate status differently. For example, I was Accor Plus Gold member until June 2017. I didn't renew Accor Plus and now I am Classic Le Club member!
Old May 24, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Status Match

is there any way of getting a status match for le club?

i am a long term Hilton Diamond, IHG RA and Marriott/Starwood Plat.

t am at a long term client where one of the better local options is a Mercure but I am not starting from scratch in a programme when I have so many other options.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:16 pm

I think the short answer is No, to my understanding Accor does not do any status match at all.
However, if you really want you can get gold status directly by getting the ibis business card for EUR90 (GBP65 for UK residents) valid for one year
lhrpete likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There is no risk to ask, even if I think you’ll have a negative answer.
virtualaris likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:35 pm

To ask is to waste time even w/o risk.

To get Accor Platinum with ease you have to either:
- become owner of an accorhotels property
- be a Top-tier member of any brands that was acquired by Accor recently from other management group e.g. Rixos

To get Accor Gold with ease you have to either:
- subscribe an IBIS Business card
- buy at least 1 share of accorhotels' stock
Old May 24, 2018, 11:49 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by LuoboTiX
To ask is to waste time even w/o risk.

To get Accor Platinum with ease you have to either:
- become owner of an accorhotels property
- be a Top-tier member of any brands that was acquired by Accor recently from other management group e.g. Rixos

To get Accor Gold with ease you have to either:
- subscribe an IBIS Business card
- buy at least 1 share of accorhotels' stock
I've always wanted to buy AccorHotel's Stock to ensure I am Gold at least. But I'm not sure how to go around doing so. Am in Singapore and have no idea how to buy them as they trade in Paris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.